AT&T

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

you meet with the hiring manager, manager of the store as well as assistant manager. it is a very easy process as long as your "normal" and don't say anything to left field. the longest process is the online tests and drug test, and background. Once you pass that your basically home free.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Applied to a couple of locations and either no answer or rejected. Finally attended a local Hiring Event hosted by AT&T and dressed to the nines, prepared an impressive resume and came confident, knowing the ins and outs of the job description, its responsibilities and an adequate amount of knowledge about the company.

Arrived early at the location, and impressed the set of two managers at each table. Several locations wanted me, but I was thrown into the two-panel managers in a closer location to my home. The managers kept asking questions about my work ethic, knowledge into the business, and why the career switch. They did not ask me to sell them anything, but did ask me what salesmanship abilities do I have that will generate profit and income for the company.

Pay is great but can always be greater depending on your subjective needs. If you can sell well and know how to convince people to gain products then this career is good to love and grow. In the end I accepted because I was done with my old chosen career and this is the new door for me in the new chapter of my life. Hiring takes four weeks. Online application, Character/Personality assessment/ In person Interview, Optional Foreign Language test, Hiring job offer call, Background Check, Drug Test, Hiring call and then training.

Interview Questions
    • How did you generate profit for your previous employer and in what way was it effective?   View Answer
    No negotiation. AT&T salary is defined as a union job, accordingly it has perks and benefits in commission and potential for raise or promotion but nothing negotiable at first hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

Applied on the 20th

Phone interview on the 27th

1 on 1 interview with DM on March 3rd

Interview w/ Store Manager & ASM on March 3rd ( same day )

Called from Staffing ( on the 4th ) to set up a date to take a Spanish assessment for March 7th ( has nothing to do with hiring, it's just for Salary purposes )

---- AT THIS POINT, I WOULD SAY ITS SAFE TO SAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE OFFERED THE JOB.

--- HR does not call on weekends, so don't expect anything. ----

March 12th - Offered the position explained pay rate, drug test, background check was offered $14.53 + commission

I start training 30 in April ( that's if background check/drug test comes back good - so DO NOT put in your 2 weeks yet. )

Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • - Which subject would you prefer English or Math
      - Tell me about yourself ( 1st question )
      - Roleplay ( sell me this paperclip )
      - How would you deal with an angry customer

FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS ON SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE.
      Happy Customers = More Referrals = More Sales <--- THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR!

Answer Question
    didn't try, satisfied with offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in January 2014.

Interview took place in Cerritos, CA at headquarters. 2nd interview was at a store location and not the store I would be assigned to. I was emailed back saying that I had the job and where and when my training would take place.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an uncooperative co-worker and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Premises Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Applied online. Two days later I recieved an email for an assessment test to be taken the week after. Took a relatively easy test, mostly wiring and mechanical questions. I passed the test and they informed me that they would call me within the next week for second interview. About four days later I recieved email for second interview which took place about a week later. Second interview consisted of company overview and position requirements. Then a one on one interview with a manager. They only ask a few questions on experience and customer service. Interview went well and they said they would call me in a week if I advance to next level in interview process. About a week later I recieved a call and they asked me to go in and take drug test and physical within 2 days. Completed that. About two weeks went by after drug test and no word from AT&T. So I called them. They said I was qualified and they were waiting for a position to open. About. A week later they called me and made an offer.

Interview Questions
    Salary based on education and experience. No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in October 2013.

I applied October 16th to a corporate store in the southern California area. Received a call from the HR recruitment team for a screening and phone interview on the 21st or 22nd (forgot the exact date). After the HR rep asked me a few questions about myself, he continued by asking 3 interview questions.The phone interview caught my completely by surprise. After I passed(?), I was scheduled for an in store interview with the hiring manager for the 23rd.

Upon arriving 15mins early, I was indicated that the hiring manager no longer works in that portion of AT&T and that I was going to be interviewed by someone else. I went in, proceeded to formally greet the gentleman and went to the office to begin the interview. As soon as I sat down, the interviewer acknowledged that he will be reviewing my resume and only asking one question. I was in and out within 15mins of arriving.(<--This was an informal approach to the interview, which I concluded occurred in this manner either because the interviewer was not in charge of interviewing or in desperate need of employees. Therefore one should not expect the same.)

I was called by the store manager and was scheduled for a phone assessment to establish if I can receive a higher pay since I speak a second language. The phone assessment WAS NOT another form of an interview and my responses will not reflect the decision to hire me or not. I was assured that this was not a formal interview so I did not bother dressing the part. I went in dressed casual, yet I still apologized for my informality to the store manager, which totally did not care that I was not dressed in an informal manner. I was instructed to dial a number and I would have to speak to an automated service and answer 15 question given in an other language and answer in an other language. One or two of the questions were given to me in English and I was supposed to respond in my second language. I think it was vice versa, as well.

On October 31st, I received a call by an HR hiring manager (not directly associated with the store I applied for..I think) who extended a contingent offer, told me that I passed the second language assessment and was scheduled to begin training on December 2nd, with the condition that my background check clears. Since I accepted the offer, I was expected to submit all relevant information to HireRight, the company that conducts the background, within 24 hours. On November 1st, I was informed through e-mail that I was expected to complete a drug test within 48 hours. I was told that HireRight can take up to 5-7 days to complete the background. At this point, I have not received a final offer since my background has not been completed by HireRight, though as I mentioned before, I have been scheduled for training at the beginning of December. So as long as everything checks out, I am set.

Interview Questions
    • 1:1

How would handle an irate or upset customer?

Second language assessment:

15 questions; Too many to remember. Though they were along the lines of, tell me about your favorite memory, a time you took a trip and visited family, a scenario when I had to book a hotel and was not satisfied to helping out a customer with a broken product. A handful of the questions had multiple topics in one.

Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable. Paid extra because I can speak two languages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Fernando, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Fernando, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in October 2013.

I applied online, took an assessment test and I waited for them to call me. They called me after 3 weeks and I had a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. It was average, they asked to give scenario examples, talked about hours/availability, and hourly wage. At the end of the interview she scheduled me a 1:1 interview for a week later (I was really nervous). When I had the interview the manager was really nice, she made me feel comfortable and that gave me more confidence. At the end of the interview she told me she really liked me and that pretty much I had the job. She gave me instructions on what was going to happen next and it was that I needed to take a test to prove that I was bilingual, it was a short test over the phone simple questions. After that I got an email saying what was next background check, drug screening, another application etc. Throughout the entire process I was being updated by my AT&T recruiter she was so nice to me letting me know where the process was at. After 1 week of taking the test when they got the bilingual test results my recruiter called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why AT&T? What is your weakness? Why you? Scenario examples.   Answer Question
    I was offered more money because I am bilingual and I didn't negotiate because I expected less.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

Apply online 7/18, did not have take test due to having one on file. Receive call from hiring manager 9/10 and was told I was being placed on a waiting list. 9/18 got call back stating one of the people didn't past they background check and that I was next in line for a spot in upcoming class.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.

Answer Question
    Based on call center experience.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in June 2013.

Several phase interview all phone and internet based. The first interview focused on your qualifications and your knowledge of company. The second interview was on the phone and really challenged you to prove why you were a good fit for the company. the last interview was live and put you in actual situations you may encounter

Interview Questions
    • Wouldn't it be better for you to continue your work with non profits?   Answer Question

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in May 2013.

Long and goes through a review with a third party company. They hastle you if you didn't provide current contacts for past work references. The trainers/interviewers must have it easy because they make it seem as if at&t is the best company to work for with their fake smiles.

Formal letter.