AT&T

AT&T Manager Interview Questions

2.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Not that difficult but it was a long process. It started and stopped a few times and it seemed like nobody knew the steps. They need to work on that in the future so not as much confusion by the potential candidate.

Some negotiations happened

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T.

The process is very long and has too many touch points. You complete one step which is very lengthy and then get an email to complete another step and then a phone call then another email. The cycle is endless and frustrating for those of us who are fast paced and looking at completing several applications a day in our job search.

Interview Questions
    • I found all of the questions to be fairly simple to answer. Nothing really threw me off my game.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

hiring process is simple apply on line then a local HR manager contacts you for an enterview and he makes a decision

Interview Questions
    • situation questions i.e tell me about a time in which you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Depending on if you are interviewing from outside or from inside the company you will typically receive one of two types of interviews.

If you are on the outside applying for a public position on the inside there are two hard facts you have to accept:

1.) Depending on the department, this position could have already gone to someone on the inside and the interviewer is just holding the interview for political reasons.
    2.) The position might truly be open, but the hiring manager might already have a hard lean towards someone else in the organization already.

Apart from those possibilities, most outside applicants get standard situational interviews that require answering the questions in a situation, action, then results structure. As long as you understand that it is more of a process of elimination and focus on not saying the wrong thing, you will be fine. From my viewpoint, it really seems as though your resume does more than just get you the interview. I've seen serious interviews that were as short as 4 questions and then some general open forum discussion where the goal was really just to make sure the individual was as good as advertised on the resume.

The absolute best thing anyone can do if they want to shine in an interview here is to go to the bookstore and purchase a book with all of the interview questions and the purpose behind them. Having the perfect answer is not as important as simply understanding the purpose of the question.

Applications and interviews from within are really just an overview of past performance and an assessment to see how much management training the employee has already received from his or her supervisor (huge!!!).

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time where you had difficulty in overcoming an obstacle at work."   View Answer
    Demand everything you can upfront. Pay raises are difficult to obtain in some jobs (result based).

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

I did a store interview with the site manager and it was then followed with a corporate interview. At the end of the second interview I was told thank you for your time but we are going to be promoting internally, the interview process of outside candidates was simply a formality.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions about my personal and family life.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in May 2012.

meet with hiring manager and she explain the position then the interview begin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in May 2011.

Many of the interview questions revolved around past experiences and potential situations, especially in regards to providing customer service in a retail environment. This was for an interview right out of college, and there was little focus on classwork or any non-sales part of my resume.

The whole process was very straight forward, and it was very easy to talk to the interviewer and ask questions. In comparison to other interviews I have had, this was relatively low stress.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to go above the call and provide extended customer service.   Answer Question
    • When have you had to take try and persuade other employees to see things your way?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Standard paperwork, knowing someone at that location may help, know the product, coming from outside the company would receive training on products and systems

Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in July 2010.

HR called to ask general background questions and why was interested in the position. Then invited for an interview with management. All questions that were asked during the interview were behavioral about teamwork, any disagreements with a supervisor in previous positions, how the position fits overall career objectives, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when a team member did not contribute as much as you did to a group project?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in February 2009.

applied online, got a call from the store manager to set up an interview time and date. 1:1 interview with 2 managers, then if passed area manager will do a 2nd interview. If you passed that stage the Director will call you for a final interview.