AT&T

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Not that difficult but it was a long process. It started and stopped a few times and it seemed like nobody knew the steps. They need to work on that in the future so not as much confusion by the potential candidate.

Negotiation Details – Some negotiations happened

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – The process is very long and has too many touch points. You complete one step which is very lengthy and then get an email to complete another step and then a phone call then another email. The cycle is endless and frustrating for those of us who are fast paced and looking at completing several applications a day in our job search.

Interview Question – I found all of the questions to be fairly simple to answer. Nothing really threw me off my game.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Initial communications are clear. I had 2 interviews: an initial interview meeting, and a second interview where they talk about the job, the location, etc. They may bring in a couple existing employees to sit in on the second interview. I received an official offer on paper within a week.
Expeirence was pleasant.

Interview Question – Unexpected: "Why should we choose you"?
Most difficult: "Give me an example (in your previous job experience) of where you had a weakness or an obstacle that you overcame".
  View Answer

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – hiring process is simple apply on line then a local HR manager contacts you for an enterview and he makes a decision

Interview Question – situation questions i.e tell me about a time in which you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Depending on if you are interviewing from outside or from inside the company you will typically receive one of two types of interviews.

If you are on the outside applying for a public position on the inside there are two hard facts you have to accept:

1.) Depending on the department, this position could have already gone to someone on the inside and the interviewer is just holding the interview for political reasons.
2.) The position might truly be open, but the hiring manager might already have a hard lean towards someone else in the organization already.

Apart from those possibilities, most outside applicants get standard situational interviews that require answering the questions in a situation, action, then results structure. As long as you understand that it is more of a process of elimination and focus on not saying the wrong thing, you will be fine. From my viewpoint, it really seems as though your resume does more than just get you the interview. I've seen serious interviews that were as short as 4 questions and then some general open forum discussion where the goal was really just to make sure the individual was as good as advertised on the resume.

The absolute best thing anyone can do if they want to shine in an interview here is to go to the bookstore and purchase a book with all of the interview questions and the purpose behind them. Having the perfect answer is not as important as simply understanding the purpose of the question.

Applications and interviews from within are really just an overview of past performance and an assessment to see how much management training the employee has already received from his or her supervisor (huge!!!).

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time where you had difficulty in overcoming an obstacle at work."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Demand everything you can upfront. Pay raises are difficult to obtain in some jobs (result based).

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – I did a store interview with the site manager and it was then followed with a corporate interview. At the end of the second interview I was told thank you for your time but we are going to be promoting internally, the interview process of outside candidates was simply a formality.

Interview Question – I was asked questions about my personal and family life.   View Answer

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in May 2012.

Interview Details – meet with hiring manager and she explain the position then the interview begin

Interview Questions

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in May 2011.

Interview Details – Many of the interview questions revolved around past experiences and potential situations, especially in regards to providing customer service in a retail environment. This was for an interview right out of college, and there was little focus on classwork or any non-sales part of my resume.

The whole process was very straight forward, and it was very easy to talk to the interviewer and ask questions. In comparison to other interviews I have had, this was relatively low stress.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to go above the call and provide extended customer service.   Answer Question
  • When have you had to take try and persuade other employees to see things your way?   Answer Question

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – Standard paperwork, knowing someone at that location may help, know the product, coming from outside the company would receive training on products and systems

Interview Question – What is the tagline for the current advertising.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in February 2009.

Interview Details – applied online, got a call from the store manager to set up an interview time and date. 1:1 interview with 2 managers, then if passed area manager will do a 2nd interview. If you passed that stage the Director will call you for a final interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.