AT&T

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through AT&T website. Process was simple and smooth. Total of three phone interviews two with hiring manager and one with the hiring manager's team. Asked questions about what are your strengths and weaknesses. Why should I hire you? What constructive criticism have you received ? How would you act in this specific circumstance?

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was fairly straight forward, I did not face any issues. I had 3 rounds of interviews, one with the technical team, one with the manager and one with the HR.

Interview Question – Did not face any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Network Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – I was asked a series of questions regarding my understanding of the telecommunications field. After that, I was asked questions pertaining to my personal views. Basically questions that broke me down to how I am as an individual.

Interview Question – Why it is that you want to work in the network engineering field?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Preliminary discussion consists of a general conversation. Representative spoke in greater detail about the position, their own career path, and the strengths of the position. Was a very free and natural conversation, discussing personal strengths and parallels in career goals.

Interview Question – Did ask about personal questions about the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, very reasonable salary

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – Very easy if you know your job

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company   Answer Question

Bothell, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in October 2012.

Interview Details – first HR call then manager did phone screen interview. after a couple days, received email to on site interview. there are three persons did on site interview most of questions are non-technical qustions. they said it would have another technical interivew after this.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in March 2012.

Interview Details – I am still being considered for the position. the hiring manager told me at that point I was the best candidate he had interviewed and has to make a decision this coming week. I am still under consideration.

Middletown, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed 2 for this position. Their questions were very focused on the technical side for Routing, Switching, Network Protocols, MPLS and VPN

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was 1:1 initially but due to weather conditions it got converted into a telephonic interview. The questions that I was asked was very general, nothing specific to the job or domain. I just had a conversation with the interviewer. I was not given specific job description. The interviewer finally told me that he would contact me after 2 weeks

Interview Question – Describe your leadership experience in school and previous jobs?   View Answer

Brno (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2012.

Interview Details – Basically the interview was technical with basic things such as what is a router, what is the OSI layer, how basic know-how about telecom. Usually the initial phone screening is done by recruitment, either a contractor or the internal recruitment, then you get an interview with the manager, i even had a skype interview
they will not tell you on the spot, but will let you know either that day or in maximum a week, depends on how desperate they are for people.

Negotiation Details – They were not flexible at all for a Tier 1 position
then when i moved up to Tier 2 they were exactly the same.
Don't be honest, it doesn't pay

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Network Engineer interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.