AT&T Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.9

Solutions Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

Pre-call screening by HR followed by a meeting with your supervisor and his/her supervisor. At that point I received an offer from HR. The entire process lasted about 3 weeks but the offer was so low that if I wasn't out of work at the time I would have declined.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals, where do you see your self in a few years. Why AT&T?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.....seriously.

Emerging Technologies Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Middletown, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

AT&T showed up at my college's career fair. After giving them my resume, I was contacted to do a behavioral interview. Most of these questions can be answered using the STAR method. Next was the technical interview done over video conference in AT&T's own software, conducted by two developers. I heard back from the recruiter two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about encapsulation, polymorphism, function overriding, inheritance, network APIs, why you would use a virtual machine

I was asked two programming questions: Designing a function to count from a given number to 0, and designing a function which given a list of numbers, count how many even numbers there are.

Answer Question

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and it took about four weeks before I got a phone call for an interview. However they were quick to schedule the interview and were very accommodating with working around my schedule to make sure I could make it in for the interview. The interview took about an hour, and mostly involved questions about how I handled certain situations in my past jobs. About two weeks after the interview I got a phone call from the staffing manager giving me an offer based on the assumption that I passed my drug and background check. Background was the most detailed I had ever been through, the company required old w-2's, as well as several references. Drug test was easy, though they had a hard time getting it scheduled in a place near by. The background check and drug test portion took about nine days.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you were dealing with an upset customer, and tell me what you did to resolve their issue and make sure that they left happy.   Answer Question

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled an extensive 1st stage preliminary online exam when applying. Then got called into corporate for an interview. Once I passed that stage I was sent to the store for which I applied for and had another interview there with two senior staff members. Then a background check. Then a bunch of applications and benefits package registrations. And after all that I would do 3-4 weeks of paid training.

Interview Questions

• Explain the vision AT&T is pursuing for the near future.   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

Filled out online application which was fairly easy. Received a call from the recruiter a couple hours later. scheduled interview then was referred to store manager. Store manager interview was then scheduled. 2 days later i received a call stating i was chosen and would need to take a drug test and pass background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I first applied online and immediately completed the online test. Within passing this, I received a call from a staffing person about 3 days later. (I first applied on Friday, I received this call on a Monday). Unlike others, this was not a phone interview, she simply just asked me when I would be available to meet with the hiring manager. About a week later I met with the hiring manager at a corporate office. This interview last 10-15 minutes. Just went over my resume and was asked about how I deal with difficult customers, what selling techniques do I use, etc. I was also asked what phone I currently have in this interview. I was really unsure of if I would move forward or not because the interviewer showed very little emotion. I was told that i would know if I was selected to move forward by looking online and viewing my job submission status. If it said "not considering you at this time.," then obviously you were not selected.

About an hour later my status updated telling me I was still in the running for the position. 2 days later , on a sunday the store manager called me to set up an interview for later that week. At this interview, I again went through my resume, my selling techniques and my goals in life. I was told about the job and was asked if I was up for challenge. At the end of the interview, He thanked me for my time and that was it.

5 days later, I got a call from the recruiter giving me a contingent offer that would be finalized after I completed my background check through hireright and drugtest.

Interview Questions

• What was the last criticism you got from a previous boss ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Was offered. $14.50 for pay plus commission.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Newark, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online and completed 2 personality assessments. The position I applied for got filled however a few days later I got an email from a regional hiring manager with a phone number to call. I called and we spoke briefly.

From what I read online it appears as though they do a 3 step interview process. Phone interview, then centralized hiring manager, then realistic job preview or an interview with the management at the store you've applied to. When I spoke to the regional hiring manager I wouldn't say that it was an interview. She asked me questions about my availability and discussed some salary information and asked if I was ok with that.

After that I scheduled an interview with the centralized hiring manager at a store. She told me at the beginning of the interview that her job was to decided "if i could do the job". I smiled a lot and I wore a lot of confidence to the interview. I was knowledgeable about the telecommunications interview and I answered all of her questions. The interview questions were behavioral interview questions so if you can google that and maybe the night before copy and paste a WHOLE BUNCH into a word document and just type out your answers and spend time going over it. They want you to answer the questions in STAR format. Google that and prepare your answers. Be specific in your examples and make sure you make note of the result.

Be friendly. In my interview we didn't spend a lot of time with the questions at all. The interview lasted about an hour but to be honest it didn't feel that way. We did a lot of talking about other things industry related. Tomorrow I will be going on my realistic job preview and I'm excited!

Also when you leave your interview be sure to ask for a card and send a letter of thanks to the interviewer for the opportunity and why you feel like you'll be a great fit. If you're told that you'll be receiving a response or to expect a call by a certain day or time ... reach out to the centralized hiring manager IMMEDIATELY if you have not been contacted by that time. Show you're interested and show you're punctual.

Interview Questions

• The biggest interview question I think anyone should be prepared for is WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU AND WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST WEAKNESS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'm anticipating an offer they told me about when the training class starts.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Bronx, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I started about a month ago and was called by a HR personnel, i was schedule for an interview and went. It was a good experience even though i dont consider myself to have good interview skills. I was hoping to get called back but the status was updated to not considering you at this time, i left it there and moved on. Two weeks later the same HR personnel called me to ask if i was interested on another location which is two blocks from my house and i said yes today i got a call from the store manager and i am expecting the best. But i know there is a lot of competence and people with better interviewing skills, i tend to get very nervous while being interviewed. Anybody with any tips for the store manager interview?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you receive negative feedback? How do you respond to feedback?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T (Newark, NJ).

Interview

2 day interviews comprising of a one hour research talk and 15-20 one to one meetings as standard as in academia.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Florham Park, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by researcher at AT&T. Asked questions about my current research projects and explained the project for which they are seeking interns. Asked some basic technical questions.

Negotiation

None