AT&T Interview Questions in Oakton, VA

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.3

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Oakton, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

I am a Technical Program Manager, I work with customers, business owners and product managers across the organization to define strategy, requirements and timelines as well as lead cross functional development teams through design, delivery, management and support. This position involves regular communication with senior management on roadmaps, progress, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills is what I do daily. I perform program and product management, technical, problem-solving, and communicate with stakeholders. At the core of the position is excellence in planning and execution. Basic Qualifications • Experience building processes, project management, and deivering IT services to a demanding client release • 10+ years of relevant work experience in programs and/or technical product management in a software applications environment. • Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in computer science, IT service management, engineering or a related technical discipline. • Excellent problem-solving skills. I interviewed with several managers, they asked behavioral type interview questions such as: - What have you done in the past to deal with an irate customer or team member - What is the hardest thing you ever had to do as a PM - What are your strengths/weaknesses - Why did yo leave your last postion - What s your current salary, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you develop a good project schedule when you do not have detailed customer requirements?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation, they made me a fair offer and I accepted.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Oakton, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was called pretty quickly after the online application and easily got past the phone screen. The internal AT&T recruiter passed my resume on to the hiring manager and I was quickly called back to schedule an in person interview. I was given the manager's phone number and told to have the person at the door call him to let him know I was there. I was a bit taken aback when I introduced myself to the guard and let him know I was there for an interview and he asked me, "have you called the manager to let him know you're here." The office also seemed rather old. The interview seemed to be going well and another person came in to interview me after the first. Then he went to go get the first manager, but came back without and showed me the door. It was a rather abrupt ending to an otherwise good interview and I didn't get to ask all of my questions or get the manager's email address. After that, the company never bothered to contact me again. It took 2-3 emails and a phone call before, almost a month later, the HR lady finally got back to me to tell me I had not been selected. Maybe I've been out of the game for a while, but I found their handling of the post-interview process to be a bit discourteous.

Interview Questions

• it's been nearly a month and I don't recall specific questions, but there were no curveballs.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Oakton, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Spoke with eight people on the team. Basic interview questions (who, what, where, etc.), nothing fancy. All individual conversations. No formal process or rating system. Nice folks. It was definitely apparent that they were, however, trying to talk me out of the position. Oddly, none of them seemed very pleased with their lot at AT&T. I forged ahead nonetheless, nothing ventured, nothing gained.