AT&T

Relevance Date Difficulty

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – You apply and about 2 months later they let you know if you get an interview. You then go to your first interview with a regional hiring manager. If he likes you he sends your info to the manager of the location you applied for. If he likes your stuff he will interview you and make the final selection. If you get selected you go to a month long training with about 3/4 in classroom and 1/4 on the job training

Interview Question – It wasn't the questions, it was getting a read on the person interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Interview Details – Submit an online application with a questionnaire. Then a call screening with basic questions. After that you get your first interview with the area hiring manager. Finally you will interview with the store manager.

Interview Question – Be prepared to roll play. They will make you go through the process of selling a product. They will ask you about your knowledge of cellular devices and AT&T products and services. They do not expect you to know a lot. They are more concerned if you can sell. If you don't have good customer service or sales skills, I would not apply.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me a competitive base pay but a good portion of the money you make is from commission.

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Didn't really have an interview. The manager called and asked me if I wanted the job. I believe they have changed now.

Negotiation Details – I didn't know I could at the time so I took what they gave me.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. I received a phone call about a week after that for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview I received another phone calling to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. I spoke to a HR professional and my Area Sales Manager. Both were pretty easy interviews. Then after about another week later I was offered the job. I had to submit to an extensive background check. They verified everything and if they couldn't get a hold of a previous employer I had to provide W2s.

Interview Question – They wanted to know how I responded to a situation with irate customers in the past.   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Customer Support Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2012.

Interview Details – A week after I applied online, I was contacted for an assessment test date. Answered over 150 questions--most of them on personality, some on mathematics. There was an assimilation program that required to you listen & type customer's information. Test took about 2 hours and afterward, we had to wait for the test admin to let us know whether we passed or failed. I was given an interview time 2 hours after the test, but over half of the people had interviews the next day. Overheard a guy saying he failed and was told to re-apply in 6 months for the position.

The interview process was basically your answer & question type. The interviewer asked behavioral questions pertaining certain situation/scenario/follow-up on previous experiences you had and what you did. They are trying to see if you would be fitted for the position based on your answer -- feels like if you have call center & tech experiences, the interview process will be a breeze.

Note: although it's not mentioned in the job description, this position is to troubleshoot iphone & provide customer support to iphone users. Starting salary is a little above $12. Seven weeks training provided.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulties with friends/families/coworkers and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you should work for AT&T. [something like that - i can't remember her exact words]   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – There are two parts: a data entry part which must be passed to go on to the 1:1 interview. The data entry is simply a recorded voice telling you their name, and address, and you are to put that information into the appropriate fields. The second part is usually with one of the managers, where they ask you some STAR model questions and then have you sell them something, like a TV package.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively easy, it was just a drawn out process. I applied online, and received a call about a week later, asking me to come in to take a test. The test was basic customer service things, typing, then a simulation of taking calls. Overall, if you have worked customer service before, its not too bad. Then you are scheduled then, (based on your test scores) for an interview (if you pass). I was scheduled for an interview, it was about 2 weeks later. The interview was simple, they ask a lot of questions about customer service, a time you worked customer service and it was stressful...etc. Typical interview questions. They will run a background check, they are very thorough with checking references/previous employers, and there is a mandatory urine drug test.

Interview Question – What was a time that you had to speak with an upset customer, and what did you to solve their issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't have a degree, and I didn't negotiate the salary. I know others who did, but they had a degree. If you have a degree, I do think you get paid more.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2011.

Interview Details – It started with a group phone interview. A few days later I went in and took a 2 hour skills test. It was a virtual call center and I had to take calls. It was multiple choice. That was pretty easy. After the test was over I was told that I had passed and set up a 1:1 phone interview a few days later. I did the phone interview and got an email to come in for a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager. I did that interview and still have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it.   Answer Question
  • Explain a time where you had to show integrity in the work place.   Answer Question
  • Has there ever been a time where you had to save a sale. Explain.   Answer Question

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!