AT&T Premesis Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application, online personality survey, aptitude test, one on one interview, background driving check, job offer. It was a long process the mechanical test was easy and the info offered on glass door was spot on. There is now True way to study for the exam. I did get the barons book. It helped. They are looking for precise and specific work experience corolation when answering each question. I felt my answers where just that but I was not offered a job. Perhaps they already knew who they wanted and where just following the motions. My 1-1 lasted less than ten min and that was after a 45 min presentation about the possition. The presentation went over the job and what was expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you had to describe to a customer how to use of fix something?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T (Anaheim, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Long, testing, interviews, and long waits between contacting me. They could have been more punctual on getting back to me on certain things. Also, they don't tell you that if you don't pass certain tests after being hired then you will lose your job and cannot re-apply for 6 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Completed online application then accessment which as about ethics questions you agree or disagree with. Next day receieved 2 more assessments involving objects and physics questions. Finally email additional personality test then asked to come in for interview. This process took 1 1/2 weeks. Took written test then interview with manager. Send Conditional offer along with drug, background and physical fit accessment test. Offer Job.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a disgruntal customer who said last technician mess up line?   1 Answer

Premesis Technician Interview

Interview

Applied online and did an assessment test online then received an email to take technical test at their office. Went to take test and you have 50 minutes to take test of 50 questions. Five other people were there to take the test also.

Interview Questions

• Did not get to get interviews cause I didn't pass the test.   Answer Question

Premesis Technician Interview

Interview

The hiring process was pretty good, got a phone call back in 4 days after applying for the job and received an offer about 3 days after that. The hiring manager was very friendly and asked basic questions that you would expect during an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

While applying online, you are given a long personality questionnaire (with many questions about honesty, business ethics, morals, etc). If you answer all that correctly, you are asked to come in for a (group) skills test. The are very strict about you needing to be on time for the appointment ("one minute late and you'll be turned away"), yet after getting there on time, they make you wait for 30 minutes or more until they get their stuff together. The test covers basic technical thinking, logic, following instructions, etc. If you pass that test, you then go through a group "job overview" where they explain things like: You have to go through ten weeks of out-of-town training (Dallas, Houston, etc) If you are late for any reason by one minute more than once, then you'll probably be fired. For the first 6 months, you have to accept the schedule they give you - no sick days, work holidays, no change request, etc - no exceptions. After this, you are given a quick 4-question, one-on-one, interview. They ask how you handle irate customers, and how you overcome obstacles, etc If you do well in the interview, they contact you a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you face a challenge and explain how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Miramar, San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Took the test about a week later recieved the email for the interview/RJP and it was one on one only asked 3 questions then its a go or no go but doesnt mean you get the job it just puts you in a pool of qualified canidates then you just have to watch your emails and phone for the call once you do they give you a offer of salary and location and you decide if you want it then its the drug and back ground then you start training at the next available date

Interview Questions

• When last the last time you had to explain something to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a rude customer? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just make sure you tell them your experience you have related to the job so you can start at a better pay

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

took 2 weeks, had a test, pretty easy, then striagh to interview. The interview itself was very straightforward, they ask you three questions mostly related to customer service and sales. Make sure you tell them exactly what you have done in the past that will translate into this job.

Interview Questions

• try not to ask too much about the ladders of the company, they tend to get prettty anal about it, focus on the job you are applying for first   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Detroit, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

After applying online and waiting week I received a phone call to go take the premise technician aptitude test. The test is approximately 50 minutes long and there are 50 questions. It's mainly mechanical aptitude reasoning questions and others involving Telecom wiring and circuitry. If you passed the test then you move on to the interview and the RJP realistic job preview. If hired they will offer you a job in about a week after the interview. Training is 8 weeks, mostly out of town.

Interview Questions

• questions involving the telephone circuits never seen or used before   2 Answers

Premesis Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Apply online. Take test at testing center. Wait for call from recruiter. Pass physical and background check. You're in!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate my pay, but everyone in my training class was making top pay because the did negotiate.