AT&T

2.7

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

While applying online, you are given a long personality questionnaire (with many questions about honesty, business ethics, morals, etc). If you answer all that correctly, you are asked to come in for a (group) skills test.

The are very strict about you needing to be on time for the appointment ("one minute late and you'll be turned away"), yet after getting there on time, they make you wait for 30 minutes or more until they get their stuff together.

The test covers basic technical thinking, logic, following instructions, etc.

If you pass that test, you then go through a group "job overview" where they explain things like:

You have to go through ten weeks of out-of-town training (Dallas, Houston, etc)
If you are late for any reason by one minute more than once, then you'll probably be fired.
For the first 6 months, you have to accept the schedule they give you - no sick days, work holidays, no change request, etc - no exceptions.

After this, you are given a quick 4-question, one-on-one, interview.

They ask how you handle irate customers, and how you overcome obstacles, etc

If you do well in the interview, they contact you a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example where you face a challenge and explain how you overcame it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miramar, San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, San Diego, CA

Took the test about a week later recieved the email for the interview/RJP and it was one on one only asked 3 questions then its a go or no go but doesnt mean you get the job it just puts you in a pool of qualified canidates then you just have to watch your emails and phone for the call once you do they give you a offer of salary and location and you decide if you want it then its the drug and back ground then you start training at the next available date

Interview Questions
    • When last the last time you had to explain something to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a rude customer? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Just make sure you tell them your experience you have related to the job so you can start at a better pay

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in May 2014.

took 2 weeks, had a test, pretty easy, then striagh to interview. The interview itself was very straightforward, they ask you three questions mostly related to customer service and sales. Make sure you tell them exactly what you have done in the past that will translate into this job.

Interview Questions
    • try not to ask too much about the ladders of the company, they tend to get prettty anal about it, focus on the job you are applying for first   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

Applies for the position online, about two weeks later I received an invitation to take a qualification test in Oakland about a week and a half later. I passed the test and a week later I received an email inviting me to their "Realistic Job Screening" and interview. I went to the screening/interview and felt very good about it. Unfortunately I received an email the following week stating that the position went to someone more qualified.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly straight forward. As long as you have confidence in your answers, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Albany, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in November 2013.

Know your application and resume they will ask questions on it

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think AT&T should hire you?   View Answer
    Non negotiable on pay

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2014.

After applying online and waiting week I received a phone call to go take the premise technician aptitude test. The test is approximately 50 minutes long and there are 50 questions. It's mainly mechanical aptitude reasoning questions and others involving Telecom wiring and circuitry. If you passed the test then you move on to the interview
    and the RJP realistic job preview. If hired they will offer you a job in about a week after the interview. Training is 8 weeks, mostly out of town.

Interview Questions
    • questions involving the telephone circuits never seen or used before   View Answers (2)

Premesis Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Apply online. Take test at testing center. Wait for call from recruiter. Pass physical and background check. You're in!

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate my pay, but everyone in my training class was making top pay because the did negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at AT&T in May 2013.

Interview was pretty routine, but the background check and your work history was rediculous. AT&T uses a company called hire right that ask me question of jobs I worked for in the 90's. It was a frustrating back and forth for about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    Non exsistant. They pretty much told you what they were going to give you. You either took it or they moved on to the next candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

You initially get called in to take two separate tests. You take these tests with a group of other people that are looking for the same job. The more technical and difficult one is given first. If you pass that test the second test is easy and just basic customer service and common sense type questions. After passing the two tests you talk to the HR guy and a manager. They ask all the same basic background and situational questions that are always asked in interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The pre-test before the interview is the most difficult. It makes sure that you have very basic cabling skills and abilities.   View Answer
    They offer you a hourly rate based on experience and education. You either take the offer or refuse it. There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

First was a computer based test which was questions related to electricity and telecommunications. There were also a few problem solving questions. Then an interview which only consisted of three questions about your knowledge and abilities. A medical exam and drug test was conducted as well as a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, just asked information about the applicants skills and abilities.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation, Third party HR company does most of the communications

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!