AT&T

Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.7

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Premesis Technician Interview

The hiring process was pretty good, got a phone call back in 4 days after applying for the job and received an offer about 3 days after that. The hiring manager was very friendly and asked basic questions that you would expect during an interview.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Took the test about a week later recieved the email for the interview/RJP and it was one on one only asked 3 questions then its a go or no go but doesnt mean you get the job it just puts you in a pool of qualified canidates then you just have to watch your emails and phone for the call once you do they give you a offer of salary and location and you decide if you want it then its the drug and back ground then you start training at the next available date

Interview Questions
    • When last the last time you had to explain something to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a rude customer? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Just make sure you tell them your experience you have related to the job so you can start at a better pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

While applying online, you are given a long personality questionnaire (with many questions about honesty, business ethics, morals, etc). If you answer all that correctly, you are asked to come in for a (group) skills test.

The are very strict about you needing to be on time for the appointment ("one minute late and you'll be turned away"), yet after getting there on time, they make you wait for 30 minutes or more until they get their stuff together.

The test covers basic technical thinking, logic, following instructions, etc.

If you pass that test, you then go through a group "job overview" where they explain things like:

You have to go through ten weeks of out-of-town training (Dallas, Houston, etc)
    If you are late for any reason by one minute more than once, then you'll probably be fired.
    For the first 6 months, you have to accept the schedule they give you - no sick days, work holidays, no change request, etc - no exceptions.

After this, you are given a quick 4-question, one-on-one, interview.

They ask how you handle irate customers, and how you overcome obstacles, etc

If you do well in the interview, they contact you a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you face a challenge and explain how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in May 2014.

took 2 weeks, had a test, pretty easy, then striagh to interview. The interview itself was very straightforward, they ask you three questions mostly related to customer service and sales. Make sure you tell them exactly what you have done in the past that will translate into this job.

Interview Questions
    • try not to ask too much about the ladders of the company, they tend to get prettty anal about it, focus on the job you are applying for first   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in January 2014.

After applying online and waiting week I received a phone call to go take the premise technician aptitude test. The test is approximately 50 minutes long and there are 50 questions. It's mainly mechanical aptitude reasoning questions and others involving Telecom wiring and circuitry. If you passed the test then you move on to the interview
    and the RJP realistic job preview. If hired they will offer you a job in about a week after the interview. Training is 8 weeks, mostly out of town.

Interview Questions
    • questions involving the telephone circuits never seen or used before   View Answers (2)

Premesis Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Apply online. Take test at testing center. Wait for call from recruiter. Pass physical and background check. You're in!

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate my pay, but everyone in my training class was making top pay because the did negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

Applies for the position online, about two weeks later I received an invitation to take a qualification test in Oakland about a week and a half later. I passed the test and a week later I received an email inviting me to their "Realistic Job Screening" and interview. I went to the screening/interview and felt very good about it. Unfortunately I received an email the following week stating that the position went to someone more qualified.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly straight forward. As long as you have confidence in your answers, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in November 2013.

Know your application and resume they will ask questions on it

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think AT&T should hire you?   View Answer
    Non negotiable on pay

Premesis Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Applied online, got a email 2hrs later asking to take a test. Super easy logic test 50 questions 50 min. i finished it in 30min. only 3 others in a group of 15 finished in 15min. Only 4 passed total. Next day is group interview. 30 potential hires in an office. group interview. You have to talk and be heard! I didnt see one person from that group that didnt talk after that day. Then after the group interview you have a individual interview with an uverse manager. one on one. Easiest part if you ask me. Then from there got the job offer and had to take a urine test within 48hrs and submit to a bankground check

Demanded max pay due to prior experience and was granted on the spot

Premesis Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Took a long time to hear back about the job. 1st step is the assessment test, which was waved in my particular case. Then they bring you in for a Realistic Job Preview/Interview. Go to this in slacks, a button-up, and tie (equivalent for women). A lot of people showed up in jeans and I doubt they were taken seriously. The interview is a one-on-one with a 1st level Supervisor. They ask four questions and copy down your responses and their scoring for each response on a standardized form.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would instruct a new customer on the features of U-verse.   Answer Question
    Hourly wage is down in steps with step 9 being the highest someone can be hired at. They do give wage credit for college hours and military experience.