AT&T

Updated Jul 14, 2014

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Premises Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 10 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Process was very involved, took me approx 10 months to get hired on; I had no prior experience though. Show that you are safe and a hard worker and you will get hired, it may just take a while.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in October 2012.

The On-line process was easy. AT&T's Recruiter was efficient and responsive. The only information not given to me was the huge division between the management and the front line employees.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be comfortable working in a Union environment.   View Answer
    No negotiation, offered set wage based on union scale.

Premise Technician Interview

Interview was very easy, mostly informative. If you make it to a RJP Interview you pretty much got the job, just have to past background and verify job history. So make sure all your info is verifiable with good numbers or say the company is out of business.

$865/week Midland, TX- good money but out of state

Premise Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in October 2012.

You have to apply online, then if you get selected, you are invited to take a skills assessment test. If you pass that test, you are invited for an interview. After the interview, you are called and asked if you want to accept the offer. Then you select the garage that you're going to work at. And they give you your orientation directions as far as the location and time.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall. I guess the most difficult question is "What is your definition of customer service?" Because thats such a vague question, so its best to give as best a detailed and sensible answer as possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Applied online. Two days later I recieved an email for an assessment test to be taken the week after. Took a relatively easy test, mostly wiring and mechanical questions. I passed the test and they informed me that they would call me within the next week for second interview. About four days later I recieved email for second interview which took place about a week later. Second interview consisted of company overview and position requirements. Then a one on one interview with a manager. They only ask a few questions on experience and customer service. Interview went well and they said they would call me in a week if I advance to next level in interview process. About a week later I recieved a call and they asked me to go in and take drug test and physical within 2 days. Completed that. About two weeks went by after drug test and no word from AT&T. So I called them. They said I was qualified and they were waiting for a position to open. About. A week later they called me and made an offer.

Interview Questions
    Salary based on education and experience. No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Applied via listing on online jobsite. Interview process consisted of going to Indianapolis and taking a test. Results were given that day. Was scheduled for a job information/interview for the next week which consisted of driving up to Indianapolis again and attending the informational seminar and then a manager interviewed you. Was offered a job about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What type of experience do you have that pertains to what this job demands?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2013.

First applied back February 1, 2013. Received an email on February 7th that they would like me to move forward in the process and I then had to schedule to go and take the pre-qualification test. I tested on February 13th. I received the result of 'Qualified'. I didn't hear anything further until Monday, March 4th where I was scheduled for the Realistic Job Preview, which occurred on Thursday, March 7th.

I was there with 3 other potential candidates. They take you through what the job entails, expectations, and such. Pretty good information. There were 4 managers present for the session. Then, you were broken off and each person went to a one-on-one with one of the managers. I was asked 3 questions. Seemed pretty straightforward and I did what I thought was fairly well, based upon the feedback from the interviewing manager. He also advised me, based upon my resume, on how to negotiate starting salary, which was a bit surprising.

Anyways, today, March 8th, I received 2 emails stating that I did not pass on the one-on-one. Made a call or two trying to get some feedback, but needless to say, I was not hired on at this time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. On question was tell me about a time that you had to demonstrate a product to a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

Applied online and got a call telling me where to take the initial IQ/skills test. After I passed, the hiring manager assigned me to a 1:1 interview where I met with a manager. You may or may not get a call back from the initial application. Not everyone is selected to take the test, and even fewer pass it.

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation that you encountered while at your current work position in which you had zero preparation for? What did you do in that situation? Why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible due to it being such a large corporation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

The process starts with the online application. If you pass that you will be required to take a skill test at a designated location. If you pass the skill test you will have an over-the-phone interview wit an recruiter. Once you passed the interview you will be invited to a real job preview which is a 1 hour presentation at one of the sites. If you are still interested after the interview you be required to take a physical and a drug test at a designated clinic. Once you passed that you be contacted by your recruiter to "negotiate" your salary and instructed on when you start orientation.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't much room for negotiation. I was basically given the ultimatum of taking their or nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Commerce Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in October 2009.

Getting to the interview after applying was the part that took the longest, wanna say around 7-8 months (only due to lack of work and lack of hiring) The Interview process was long and tedious, but not difficult. For the most part they wanna ,make sure you are competent and can function in a fast paced environment and think on your toes as things change constantly while in the field.

Interview Questions
    • Why should AT&T hire you, what sets you aside from the next applicant to walk through the door?   Answer Question
    Make sure that you are not planning on working part time and going to school as this job soaks up a better portion of your week and is only full time. They do not work with college schedule's as a number one priority is to meet the needs of the business, they have strict rules regarding attendance and a zero tolerance policy following your first warning in that area despite the reason (car trouble, car accident etc)

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!