AT&T Premises Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.6

Premise Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

First is a written aptitude test over basic electronics, mechanical and wiring (color), If you pass then there is a one on one. Appears I need to add words here to make it to 30 or fifty. There was a online/phone process where they set up the drug screen and see if you can lift 30 lbs (bend your knees). Then they send you downtown for the aptitude test- plan for the whole day, and bring a snack. Wish I had.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First part of process you are required to take an aptitude test, if you pass the test then you get to interview with a manager where you are asked a series of questions (ex. name a time where you

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you encountered an upset customer and what did you do to resolve the issue   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was thorough but quick.Had a list of questions to chose from in case one question didn't apply to me. Questions were similar to other companies but we're direct and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to resolve an issue that didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Premises Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in March 2015.

Interview

Low and slow still, made it to rjp waiting to see, but seems to be streamlined, definitely a lot of steps but a step in the right direction, started online then mechanics tests then rjp interview. Haven't done the rjp yet but pretty hopeful.

Premise Technician Interview

Interview

So many steps before ever speaking to anyone. First you take the wonderful personality test. Then another aptitude test. Then a proctored exam. Then a on site see how it will be followed by a interview... What next? When will an offer come?

Premises Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Process was very involved, took me approx 10 months to get hired on; I had no prior experience though. Show that you are safe and a hard worker and you will get hired, it may just take a while.

Premise Technician Interview

Interview

Interview was very easy, mostly informative. If you make it to a RJP Interview you pretty much got the job, just have to past background and verify job history. So make sure all your info is verifiable with good numbers or say the company is out of business.

$865/week Midland, TX- good money but out of state

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Two days later I recieved an email for an assessment test to be taken the week after. Took a relatively easy test, mostly wiring and mechanical questions. I passed the test and they informed me that they would call me within the next week for second interview. About four days later I recieved email for second interview which took place about a week later. Second interview consisted of company overview and position requirements. Then a one on one interview with a manager. They only ask a few questions on experience and customer service. Interview went well and they said they would call me in a week if I advance to next level in interview process. About a week later I recieved a call and they asked me to go in and take drug test and physical within 2 days. Completed that. About two weeks went by after drug test and no word from AT&T. So I called them. They said I was qualified and they were waiting for a position to open. About. A week later they called me and made an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary based on education and experience. No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

First applied back February 1, 2013. Received an email on February 7th that they would like me to move forward in the process and I then had to schedule to go and take the pre-qualification test. I tested on February 13th. I received the result of 'Qualified'. I didn't hear anything further until Monday, March 4th where I was scheduled for the Realistic Job Preview, which occurred on Thursday, March 7th. I was there with 3 other potential candidates. They take you through what the job entails, expectations, and such. Pretty good information. There were 4 managers present for the session. Then, you were broken off and each person went to a one-on-one with one of the managers. I was asked 3 questions. Seemed pretty straightforward and I did what I thought was fairly well, based upon the feedback from the interviewing manager. He also advised me, based upon my resume, on how to negotiate starting salary, which was a bit surprising. Anyways, today, March 8th, I received 2 emails stating that I did not pass on the one-on-one. Made a call or two trying to get some feedback, but needless to say, I was not hired on at this time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. On question was tell me about a time that you had to demonstrate a product to a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Bloomington, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied via listing on online jobsite. Interview process consisted of going to Indianapolis and taking a test. Results were given that day. Was scheduled for a job information/interview for the next week which consisted of driving up to Indianapolis again and attending the informational seminar and then a manager interviewed you. Was offered a job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have that pertains to what this job demands?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.