AT&T

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – My perception of the job culture here is one of fear. Fear of losing their job, and office politics that go in tow. The fellow employees are very nice, but managment is a bit ambivalent for whatever reason. It's a bit condescending, but if you overlook that initially, you can hire in, and try your best to move up the ladder. Your relationship with your supervisor here is ultra important because of the performance reviews.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of face to face interview with directors, senior managers.
This interview easily prepared me for taking any others in the future.
Very detailed technical, behavioral and written qn to req doc for a feature they want to include

Interview Question – All sorts of behavioral qns   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

Interview Details – HR phone call, hiring manager face to face, drug test, offer extended, accept position

Negotiation Details – Accepted without thought.

New York, NY

I interviewed at AT&T in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this job through the companies website. Aftern an initial HR screening over the phone I had a single phone interview for this position with the hiring manager. The manager seemed very professional asking the standard interview questions. In terms of the role it didnt seem like a good fit for either party based on the experiences. He was very forthcoming about the role itself and the direction the company was heading.

Interview Question – The question was around if I was the CEO what were the 3 things I would change about my current company.   Answer Question

Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Campus interview. 3 rounds of interview.

Interview Question – Whats on your mind   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AT&T in January 2011.

Interview Details – The leadership is supportive throughout the interviewing process. They are quick to point out your strengths and question any weaknesses that show up in your resume/work history. Also, they will give you a thorough explanation of your job and your specific responsibilities. All in all, they are straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was not much of a negotiation unfortunately. Despite my attempts, they have very strict guidelines as to what they can pay regarding a newcomer to the company.

Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was a current employee interviewing for a promotion in another center. The downside of this process is AT&T had already chosen the person they were going to promote and yet still interviewed others in order to put up the facade that this process was legitimate. This often happen with internal promotions at AT&T. The interview process involved a 30 minute phone interview as well as a project detailing an action plan for the first month in the position. I was declined as a candidate but informed that I was the runner up for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me and example of a time where you had to deal with a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
  • Give me an example of when you've had to adapt to a serious change and what you did to adapt.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Oakton, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was called pretty quickly after the online application and easily got past the phone screen. The internal AT&T recruiter passed my resume on to the hiring manager and I was quickly called back to schedule an in person interview. I was given the manager's phone number and told to have the person at the door call him to let him know I was there. I was a bit taken aback when I introduced myself to the guard and let him know I was there for an interview and he asked me, "have you called the manager to let him know you're here." The office also seemed rather old. The interview seemed to be going well and another person came in to interview me after the first. Then he went to go get the first manager, but came back without and showed me the door. It was a rather abrupt ending to an otherwise good interview and I didn't get to ask all of my questions or get the manager's email address. After that, the company never bothered to contact me again. It took 2-3 emails and a phone call before, almost a month later, the HR lady finally got back to me to tell me I had not been selected. Maybe I've been out of the game for a while, but I found their handling of the post-interview process to be a bit discourteous.

Interview Question – it's been nearly a month and I don't recall specific questions, but there were no curveballs.   Answer Question

Middletown, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in May 2011.

Interview Details – Written essay followed by phone interview. Not successful, they were looking for someone who could speak their specific lingo.

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2012.

Interview Details – First you get a phone call to set up an interview and then you go to a standard 1 on 1 interview session. Basic questions and answers. After waiting 9 days, I got a call back, saying that they wanted to proceed to offer me the position. I accepted and waited 10 days for a written offer to come through. After the offer was accepted, you go through filling out your background check information and complete a drug test. Overall, people and staff were very friendly and helpful!

Interview Question – What experience do you have in project management?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.