AT&T

Updated Jun 12, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

The interview was highly informal and ad hoc. It lasted less than an hour and the questions were minimal. It was a new division, so it is understandable that lack of proper procedures were in plance. In addition, there was not much onboarding nor processing afterwards. Thus getting to a good productivity rate was slow.

Odd yet quick.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AT&T in May 2010.

Very structured and rigid. There was pre employment testing and a situational interview with several scenario questions. There was a phone interview before the one on one interview. After both interviews, an offer was made contingent upon a drug screen being passed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced an unethical situation at work. What was the situation? How did you address the situation? What was the result?   Answer Question
    The HR person hands you a piece of paper with the job and salary offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Was seemless and professional and the staff was awesome!

Be professional and keep a postive attitude and be polite at all times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

My perception of the job culture here is one of fear. Fear of losing their job, and office politics that go in tow. The fellow employees are very nice, but managment is a bit ambivalent for whatever reason. It's a bit condescending, but if you overlook that initially, you can hire in, and try your best to move up the ladder. Your relationship with your supervisor here is ultra important because of the performance reviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in July 2013.

Had 2 rounds of face to face interview with directors, senior managers.
    This interview easily prepared me for taking any others in the future.
    Very detailed technical, behavioral and written qn to req doc for a feature they want to include

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

HR phone call, hiring manager face to face, drug test, offer extended, accept position

Accepted without thought.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at AT&T in August 2012.

I applied for this job through the companies website. Aftern an initial HR screening over the phone I had a single phone interview for this position with the hiring manager. The manager seemed very professional asking the standard interview questions. In terms of the role it didnt seem like a good fit for either party based on the experiences. He was very forthcoming about the role itself and the direction the company was heading.

Interview Questions
    • The question was around if I was the CEO what were the 3 things I would change about my current company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AT&T.

Campus interview. 3 rounds of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AT&T in January 2011.

The leadership is supportive throughout the interviewing process. They are quick to point out your strengths and question any weaknesses that show up in your resume/work history. Also, they will give you a thorough explanation of your job and your specific responsibilities. All in all, they are straight forward.

Interview Questions
    There was not much of a negotiation unfortunately. Despite my attempts, they have very strict guidelines as to what they can pay regarding a newcomer to the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2010.

I was a current employee interviewing for a promotion in another center. The downside of this process is AT&T had already chosen the person they were going to promote and yet still interviewed others in order to put up the facade that this process was legitimate. This often happen with internal promotions at AT&T. The interview process involved a 30 minute phone interview as well as a project detailing an action plan for the first month in the position. I was declined as a candidate but informed that I was the runner up for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me and example of a time where you had to deal with a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
    • Give me an example of when you've had to adapt to a serious change and what you did to adapt.   View Answer

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!