AT&T

AT&T Project Manager Interview Questions

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

The interview was highly informal and ad hoc. It lasted less than an hour and the questions were minimal. It was a new division, so it is understandable that lack of proper procedures were in plance. In addition, there was not much onboarding nor processing afterwards. Thus getting to a good productivity rate was slow.

Odd yet quick.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in July 2013.

Had 2 rounds of face to face interview with directors, senior managers.
    This interview easily prepared me for taking any others in the future.
    Very detailed technical, behavioral and written qn to req doc for a feature they want to include

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Was seemless and professional and the staff was awesome!

Be professional and keep a postive attitude and be polite at all times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T.

Campus interview. 3 rounds of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at AT&T in August 2012.

I applied for this job through the companies website. Aftern an initial HR screening over the phone I had a single phone interview for this position with the hiring manager. The manager seemed very professional asking the standard interview questions. In terms of the role it didnt seem like a good fit for either party based on the experiences. He was very forthcoming about the role itself and the direction the company was heading.

Interview Questions
    • The question was around if I was the CEO what were the 3 things I would change about my current company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakton, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in April 2012.

I was called pretty quickly after the online application and easily got past the phone screen. The internal AT&T recruiter passed my resume on to the hiring manager and I was quickly called back to schedule an in person interview. I was given the manager's phone number and told to have the person at the door call him to let him know I was there. I was a bit taken aback when I introduced myself to the guard and let him know I was there for an interview and he asked me, "have you called the manager to let him know you're here." The office also seemed rather old. The interview seemed to be going well and another person came in to interview me after the first. Then he went to go get the first manager, but came back without and showed me the door. It was a rather abrupt ending to an otherwise good interview and I didn't get to ask all of my questions or get the manager's email address. After that, the company never bothered to contact me again. It took 2-3 emails and a phone call before, almost a month later, the HR lady finally got back to me to tell me I had not been selected. Maybe I've been out of the game for a while, but I found their handling of the post-interview process to be a bit discourteous.

Interview Questions
    • it's been nearly a month and I don't recall specific questions, but there were no curveballs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in May 2011.

Written essay followed by phone interview. Not successful, they were looking for someone who could speak their specific lingo.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you oversaw a complete Product Life Cycle.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you presented to senior management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T in January 2011.

The leadership is supportive throughout the interviewing process. They are quick to point out your strengths and question any weaknesses that show up in your resume/work history. Also, they will give you a thorough explanation of your job and your specific responsibilities. All in all, they are straight forward.

Interview Questions
    There was not much of a negotiation unfortunately. Despite my attempts, they have very strict guidelines as to what they can pay regarding a newcomer to the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T in May 2010.

Very structured and rigid. There was pre employment testing and a situational interview with several scenario questions. There was a phone interview before the one on one interview. After both interviews, an offer was made contingent upon a drug screen being passed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced an unethical situation at work. What was the situation? How did you address the situation? What was the result?   Answer Question
    The HR person hands you a piece of paper with the job and salary offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in February 2010.

I was a current employee interviewing for a promotion in another center. The downside of this process is AT&T had already chosen the person they were going to promote and yet still interviewed others in order to put up the facade that this process was legitimate. This often happen with internal promotions at AT&T. The interview process involved a 30 minute phone interview as well as a project detailing an action plan for the first month in the position. I was declined as a candidate but informed that I was the runner up for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me and example of a time where you had to deal with a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
    • Give me an example of when you've had to adapt to a serious change and what you did to adapt.   View Answer