AT&T Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Interview

outsourced job was outsourced from IBM to at&t since they were in need of project managers no interview needed, at&t has many people with the title of project managers not many people who are pmp certified or who have taken project manager courses. They also have very few agile, scrum or six sigma associates. They need a pmo to assist in setting standards. less than 1% pmp certified associates.

Interview Questions

• no comments or questions since they came looking for proven project managers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was highly informal and ad hoc. It lasted less than an hour and the questions were minimal. It was a new division, so it is understandable that lack of proper procedures were in plance. In addition, there was not much onboarding nor processing afterwards. Thus getting to a good productivity rate was slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Odd yet quick.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of face to face interview with directors, senior managers.
    This interview easily prepared me for taking any others in the future.
    Very detailed technical, behavioral and written qn to req doc for a feature they want to include

Interview Questions

• All sorts of behavioral qns   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Very professional. Tell me about yourself. Describe prior wireless system experience. Describe one difficult situation and how did you handle this. If close to deadline do you think it is necessary to follow all the rules or how else would you handle this.

Interview Questions

• knowledge of wireless systems   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Was seemless and professional and the staff was awesome!

Negotiation

Be professional and keep a postive attitude and be polite at all times.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T (Berkeley Heights, NJ).

Interview

Campus interview. 3 rounds of interview.

Project Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied for this job through the companies website. Aftern an initial HR screening over the phone I had a single phone interview for this position with the hiring manager. The manager seemed very professional asking the standard interview questions. In terms of the role it didnt seem like a good fit for either party based on the experiences. He was very forthcoming about the role itself and the direction the company was heading.

Interview Questions

• The question was around if I was the CEO what were the 3 things I would change about my current company.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Oakton, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was called pretty quickly after the online application and easily got past the phone screen. The internal AT&T recruiter passed my resume on to the hiring manager and I was quickly called back to schedule an in person interview. I was given the manager's phone number and told to have the person at the door call him to let him know I was there. I was a bit taken aback when I introduced myself to the guard and let him know I was there for an interview and he asked me, "have you called the manager to let him know you're here." The office also seemed rather old. The interview seemed to be going well and another person came in to interview me after the first. Then he went to go get the first manager, but came back without and showed me the door. It was a rather abrupt ending to an otherwise good interview and I didn't get to ask all of my questions or get the manager's email address. After that, the company never bothered to contact me again. It took 2-3 emails and a phone call before, almost a month later, the HR lady finally got back to me to tell me I had not been selected. Maybe I've been out of the game for a while, but I found their handling of the post-interview process to be a bit discourteous.

Interview Questions

• it's been nearly a month and I don't recall specific questions, but there were no curveballs.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T (Middletown, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Written essay followed by phone interview. Not successful, they were looking for someone who could speak their specific lingo.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you oversaw a complete Product Life Cycle.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you presented to senior management.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

The leadership is supportive throughout the interviewing process. They are quick to point out your strengths and question any weaknesses that show up in your resume/work history. Also, they will give you a thorough explanation of your job and your specific responsibilities. All in all, they are straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation unfortunately. Despite my attempts, they have very strict guidelines as to what they can pay regarding a newcomer to the company.