AT&T

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lafayette, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AT&T in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very structured and rigid. There was pre employment testing and a situational interview with several scenario questions. There was a phone interview before the one on one interview. After both interviews, an offer was made contingent upon a drug screen being passed.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you faced an unethical situation at work. What was the situation? How did you address the situation? What was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR person hands you a piece of paper with the job and salary offer.

Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was highly informal and ad hoc. It lasted less than an hour and the questions were minimal. It was a new division, so it is understandable that lack of proper procedures were in plance. In addition, there was not much onboarding nor processing afterwards. Thus getting to a good productivity rate was slow.

Interview Question – Some trick questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Odd yet quick.

Very Easy Interview

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was seemless and professional and the staff was awesome!

Negotiation Details – Be professional and keep a postive attitude and be polite at all times.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – My perception of the job culture here is one of fear. Fear of losing their job, and office politics that go in tow. The fellow employees are very nice, but managment is a bit ambivalent for whatever reason. It's a bit condescending, but if you overlook that initially, you can hire in, and try your best to move up the ladder. Your relationship with your supervisor here is ultra important because of the performance reviews.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of face to face interview with directors, senior managers.
This interview easily prepared me for taking any others in the future.
Very detailed technical, behavioral and written qn to req doc for a feature they want to include

Interview Question – All sorts of behavioral qns   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

Interview Details – HR phone call, hiring manager face to face, drug test, offer extended, accept position

Negotiation Details – Accepted without thought.

New York, NY

I interviewed at AT&T in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this job through the companies website. Aftern an initial HR screening over the phone I had a single phone interview for this position with the hiring manager. The manager seemed very professional asking the standard interview questions. In terms of the role it didnt seem like a good fit for either party based on the experiences. He was very forthcoming about the role itself and the direction the company was heading.

Interview Question – The question was around if I was the CEO what were the 3 things I would change about my current company.   Answer Question

Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Campus interview. 3 rounds of interview.

Interview Question – Whats on your mind   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AT&T in January 2011.

Interview Details – The leadership is supportive throughout the interviewing process. They are quick to point out your strengths and question any weaknesses that show up in your resume/work history. Also, they will give you a thorough explanation of your job and your specific responsibilities. All in all, they are straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was not much of a negotiation unfortunately. Despite my attempts, they have very strict guidelines as to what they can pay regarding a newcomer to the company.

Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was a current employee interviewing for a promotion in another center. The downside of this process is AT&T had already chosen the person they were going to promote and yet still interviewed others in order to put up the facade that this process was legitimate. This often happen with internal promotions at AT&T. The interview process involved a 30 minute phone interview as well as a project detailing an action plan for the first month in the position. I was declined as a candidate but informed that I was the runner up for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me and example of a time where you had to deal with a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
  • Give me an example of when you've had to adapt to a serious change and what you did to adapt.   View Answer

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!