AT&T

Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

1st step is a phone interview. A recruiter will contact you and ask you basic qualifications and if you are willing to relocate. Here is where you make a good first impression. Recruiter will be in contact with you throughout process.

2nd step is a online interview. You'll see a short pre-recorded video where a retail manager will ask you an interview question. You have 3 seconds to think of an answer before it begins recording you. Once you are done, you push stop. Total of 6-8 questions.

3rd step is another online interview with initial recruiter. Make sure you know how to use the STAR method (Situation/Task, Action, Result). My recruiter wanted me to answer all questions in that format.

4th step is a phone interview with recruiters' boss. More behavioral based questions with STAR responses.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time your integrity was compromised. How did you handle it and would you have handled it differently?

Tell me about a time you had to change someone's way of thinking. What did you do and what was the result?

Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How did you realize it and what did you do to change it?

Basic questions about retail experience, leadership experience, personal experience.

Answer Question
Salary is non-negotiable. AT&T provides housing during program and program start date is negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

4 rounds of interviews, first round is a screening where you answer questions that are pre-recorded then respond via webcam. The second round is a phone interview with HR. Third round is a FaceTime or Skype interview with a director from the RLDP program and the last interview is either an in-person or FaceTime interview depending on your location.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding various retail situations, customer and employee issues, integrity, and then they ask you to sell something that is with you. Most of the questions need you to recall previous situations and how you handled them. In the phone interview they had a case that was read and had you answer 3 questions as to how you would handle the situation   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary (hourly and eligible for overtime), you get free housing for 6 months, and a relocation check. You can negotiate your start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

Phase 1: Automated webcam interview
    Phase 2: Phone call from recruiter in your region explaining the program.
    Phase 3: Phone interview with recruiter.
    Phase 4: Phone Interview with recruiters boss.
    Phase 5: In person Interview with the program director.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you changed/influenced someones way of thinking ?   View Answer
    The salary was in my range (Above 50K) so I accepted the offer as is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in May 2014.

There are a total of four interviews, a preliminary interview where you answer questions on your computer webcam. I then had a phone interview and was immediately scheduled for the second interview in person at the headquarters in Atlanta. The questions are all experienced based. They want you to answer using the STAR method. Remember to tell your results and give variations between good and bad situations don't try to be perfect. Every question that I was asked is already posted on here. The final interview is a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me one thing in this room?
      Tell me about a time when you did something wrong and how did you correct it?
      What are you strengths/weaknesses?

View Answer

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

3 Interviews, 2 online via webcam on their site.

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Met recruiter at college career day. after that was sent an email inviting me to virtual interview, then had skype interview. After this interview, I was invited to the final round in Atlanta at headquarters. Once in Atlanta, the experience was a bit overwhelming. They are a bit overly friendly. Too energetic for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in March 2014.

First did a video interview, then had an interview over the phone with a lady from HR - now waiting to schedule a skype interview with one of the directors... it has been two weeks and no response yet!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Phone Interview
    Skype Interview
    Executive Interview in Atlanta

Interview Questions
    • All easy- Use STAR method when answering questions   View Answer
    None

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

pretty much the same process as everyone else previously stated. I applied and received an email for a virtual interview. Two weeks later had a phone interview with a recruiter. She said I did a good job. That same day I got an email saying they were going to pursue other candidates because they may or may not have more 'experience'. Its a recent graduate program so the point is to get experience

Interview Questions
    • behavioral questions. What was your best sale? How do you deal with difficult customer? Your hardest obstacle?   Answer Question

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

you initially do a virtual interview after completing that phase you get a web cam cam interview. i did not make it past that phase

Interview Questions
    • STAR - questions make sure to use situtation, task, action, result   Answer Question