AT&T Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had made acquaintances with one of the store manager before he got promoted. As soon as I found out his new number, we conducted our interview over the phone, then another followed with the current store manager. The questions we went over during the phone interview were pretty straightforward: How has your past job/school experience prepared you for this position? What positions have you held in the past? Have much experience do you in customer service?, etc. The actual face-to-face interview with the manager went a bit different, but about half of the questions asked were targeted towards more specific scenario type questions. Be prepared to use the STAR interview answering method to answer these questions. You want to come in to this interview 110% prepared. Remember all of your answers as if they were written right in front of your face. If you stutter, think too long or hard, or budge, they're most likely going to go with a more qualified candidate. There's little room in the final interview to express your personality because the questions are very technically-based. It's all about your confident delivery and how you phrase the information. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• To name a few: Why should we hire you? Why AT&T? Give a specific example when you over-exceeded (or went above and beyond) your customers expectations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

They mostly asked behavioral type questions, like how you performed under deadlines, in stressful situations, or those requiring to deal with difficult people. I thought the interviewers were very competent. They also provided lunch, which is always a nice touch. I would recommend them to any other high school grads who are working part-time in college.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me how you would sell a product to a most difficult potential customer?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Took 3-4 weeks from the initial application to start training. About 12 business days till contact. Scheduled sit down interview within a few days and started training about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Bunch of irritating psychological questions like " tell me about a time where you were faced with a customer who had many challenges and how did you overcome those challenges while making the customer delighted with joy and shooting rainbows out of their butts with pure joy when they left the store"   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AT&T (Anaheim, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Too many questions, I thought it was going to be positive but it turned out to be negative, because I did not get the job!!! The lady who did the interview was very nice and helpful so I believe that if you prepare more and are really familiar with the way it works in that type of environment you have a chance as for me it was my first time trying out in that area.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself? what is integrity? tell me about something that you're passionate about?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Applied online, took 45 minute assessment.. Attended Hiring event and interviewed with three managers; 2 Store managers and a district manager (whom is really great by the way).. Received a phone call from a +00 number for another interview with a store manager... Interview is next week...

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a technology problem frustrated you? Most difficult situation and how did you handle it? how do you handle a customer who only wants to pay her bill? Tell me about yourself? Why AT&T? What do we do different than other cell phone companies? What do you do if you are not meeting your quota(goal)? what kind of starter are you? Basically are you a self motivator or do you need to be pushed!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Murfreesboro, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied and a few weeks later got a phone interview. They told me that I needed to have a face to face interview within the next couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• How have you exerted yourself to the point where you knew you could not complete a job?   Answer Question

I couldn't get Sundays off.

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

interviewed at AT&T (Raritan, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

The first, I guess preliminary interview, was only about 6 questions. All of the questions were asking you to draw on specific experiences or situations from your life or work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AT&T (San Dimas, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Getting hired for this company is a joke, they put more value in the online skills and personality test than they actually do in the interview. If you get called in for an interview you basically have been hired already you just need to stress importance of customer service even though the company talks like its a number one priority once you actuall finish training and work for them its all about meeting sales quotas and making money.

Interview Questions

• Honestly there was no real unique interview questions. just the standard look over your resume ask about your pior jobs, what you liked and didst like. There human resources department is a joke. The company puts on a front to you intially saying its all about customer service but once u start actual work the whole culture of the company is completely disguisting. they just want you to suck ever penny out of ever customer. they even have a rating for the value of a customer on a computer when you look them up. It basically tells you how important they are to you and if they spend allot of money with AT&T then you give them better customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (San Angelo, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Applied online several times over the course of 3 months. Got a phone interview. During the phone interview he said he would pass my application to the location manager. Was set up with an interview with the location manager. The interview only lasted about 15 minutes. The manager did not go over all of the questions in his little packet before offering me the job. In subsequent interviews for different positions, the interviews lasted longer and were in more depth. I believe my initial interview process was abnormal.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time in your previous retail experience, when you were unable to meet customer satisfaction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR person over the phone negotiated my pay. He had mentioned a range of hourly pay that he would try to get me based off of my experience. When he came back with an hourly rate less than the top of the range, I started asking about that higher number and was given that number. Hourly increases with experience & union negotiations.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in February 2011.

Interview

Applied through their Taleo which took forever, got a call two days later from their corporate HR and asked a few questions that were very general. Called by store manager that I applied to asked pretty much the same questions and was told to bring a resume. When I went in for the store interview I waited for 15 minutes past my scheduled time (not including the 10 minutes early I came) I was greeted by the friendly manager. The job required more sales than what I was looking for, but I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a sale that you positioned yourself for and what was the outcome of the attempt?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were on a team that you were not familiar with and how the experience was   1 Answer

Wasn't looking for that much of a sale oriented position