AT&T

AT&T Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Applied online, took 45 minute assessment.. Attended Hiring event and interviewed with three managers; 2 Store managers and a district manager (whom is really great by the way).. Received a phone call from a +00 number for another interview with a store manager... Interview is next week...

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when a technology problem frustrated you?
    Most difficult situation and how did you handle it?
    how do you handle a customer who only wants to pay her bill?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Why AT&T?
    What do we do different than other cell phone companies?
    What do you do if you are not meeting your quota(goal)?
    what kind of starter are you? Basically are you a self motivator or do you need to be pushed!

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

I applied and a few weeks later got a phone interview. They told me that I needed to have a face to face interview within the next couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How have you exerted yourself to the point where you knew you could not complete a job?   Answer Question

I couldn't get Sundays off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

interviewed at AT&T in November 2012.

The first, I guess preliminary interview, was only about 6 questions. All of the questions were asking you to draw on specific experiences or situations from your life or work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in November 2011.

Getting hired for this company is a joke, they put more value in the online skills and personality test than they actually do in the interview. If you get called in for an interview you basically have been hired already you just need to stress importance of customer service even though the company talks like its a number one priority once you actuall finish training and work for them its all about meeting sales quotas and making money.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there was no real unique interview questions. just the standard look over your resume ask about your pior jobs, what you liked and didst like. There human resources department is a joke. The company puts on a front to you intially saying its all about customer service but once u start actual work the whole culture of the company is completely disguisting. they just want you to suck ever penny out of ever customer. they even have a rating for the value of a customer on a computer when you look them up. It basically tells you how important they are to you and if they spend allot of money with AT&T then you give them better customer service   Answer Question
    NO NEGOTIATION

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in October 2008.

Applied online several times over the course of 3 months. Got a phone interview. During the phone interview he said he would pass my application to the location manager. Was set up with an interview with the location manager. The interview only lasted about 15 minutes. The manager did not go over all of the questions in his little packet before offering me the job. In subsequent interviews for different positions, the interviews lasted longer and were in more depth. I believe my initial interview process was abnormal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a time in your previous retail experience, when you were unable to meet customer satisfaction.   Answer Question
    The HR person over the phone negotiated my pay. He had mentioned a range of hourly pay that he would try to get me based off of my experience. When he came back with an hourly rate less than the top of the range, I started asking about that higher number and was given that number. Hourly increases with experience & union negotiations.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in February 2011.

Applied through their Taleo which took forever, got a call two days later from their corporate HR and asked a few questions that were very general. Called by store manager that I applied to asked pretty much the same questions and was told to bring a resume. When I went in for the store interview I waited for 15 minutes past my scheduled time (not including the 10 minutes early I came) I was greeted by the friendly manager. The job required more sales than what I was looking for, but I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a sale that you positioned yourself for and what was the outcome of the attempt?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were on a team that you were not familiar with and how the experience was   View Answer

Wasn't looking for that much of a sale oriented position

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in June 2010.

I started by filling out the application online. Then got an e-mail to complete the 50 question personality/character online test. About 2-3 week later I got a call from the recruiter to complete the phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked two questions - 1) when was a time that you were able to solve a problem with a customer? 2) What techniques do you use to make a customer comfortable during a sale? For the first question, they basically want to hear that "there is a solution to every problem, especially when dealing with customers"--customer is always right! Then the recruiter said that he would forward my application to the local store manager, who would set up a one on one face to face interview. The store manager asks you a lot of questions. Basically they want to hear that you are looking for a career rather then a job. So tell them CAREER! They also want to know what are your strong points. You got to sell yourself, especially since you are applying for a sales job. Then after the interview was over, I got a call from the original recruiter about one and half weeks later; he told me that I got the job contingent on passing the drug screen and background check. Going through the background check and drug screen took about two to three weeks. Once that was completed, I started the one month training course.

Interview Questions
    • What about you, sets you apart from other sales associates?   Answer Question
    • Please make a sales pitch on a product you really love (obviously besides cell phones).   Answer Question
    No negotiating...salary is based on experience