AT&T

Average Difficulty
164 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

Interview Details – You will first be required to take a test to make sure that you have the ability to work there. Then your results will be sent to a hiring manager where you will be called for a phone interview. If the hiring manager approves you will be asked for a in person interview that asks the general interview questions (what are your goals, when was a time that you were faced with a difficult decision and how did you overcome that obstacle, what motivates you, if you saw an employee stealing what would you do even if that person was your good friend, etc.) after that you will be asked to shadow in a local store most likely on the same day. After that you will go through one final interview with the store manager that you shadowed in the manager and hiring manager will discuss how you performed and make a division within a few days.

Interview Question – You are applying to work for a communications company; on a scale of 1-10 how much do you know about how a call/text/data makes it to your phone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Terms were non-negotiable

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied in-person and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – I interviewed people for retail sale consultant positions through open call hiring fair type of events. We would bring people in and interview them on behalf of the company. We made the decision of who we would hire and who we wouldn't. If a person wore a tie and didn't cuss in the job interview, they were better than 1/3 of the interviewees. (If you are submitting a resume online you will almost certainly have to have some sort of sales job on the application.) We were looking for people who had sales experience, great personality, good attitude and a willingness to work late and weekends. If people weren't interested in working retail hours, there's no point in them showing up. Once someone has reached some seniority, they have some flexibility in schedule. Everyone was essentially asked the same set of questions. They are asked to tell us about a time they overcame an objection or how they dealt with conflict. Interviewers select from a long list of possible questions. Be confident and have a good time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you would do it differently.   Answer Question

Union City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview then face to face with Area Manager. nothing else to add. it was easy and fair. 30 words is too long of a process. It should be shorter.

Interview Question – How to stay motivated. How to exceed goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none. union pay.

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – There was about 3 interviews, phone, 1 on 1, and in-store. Phone interview ask you the basics things like your job experience. Second interview goes in depth and asks about experience from previous jobs. Third interview ask you about your skill set and what you would bring to the team if you are hired.

Interview Question – What are you're weaknesses and how did you over come them?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the May 28th

Phone interview on June 9th

1 on 1 interview with HR on June 10th

Interview w/ Store Manager & ASM on June 10th ( same day )

AT THIS POINT, I WOULD SAY ITS SAFE TO SAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE OFFERED THE JOB. --- HR does not call on weekends, so don't expect anything. ---- June 19th- was told that I was selected for the position. Was Offered the position June 20th explained pay rate, drug test, background check was offered $14.95+ commission I start training either July 10th or August 4th depending on when background comes back

Interview Question – Name a time you had to break company policy to complete a task   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation $14.95 an hour was more than what I asked for.

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Got a chance to attend an interview. Went to the location, there were 3 managers interviewing 3 people at the same time. Questions are typical past job experiences and what you can bring to the table. They are very specific so make sure you think of the things you can highlight about your past jobs before going to the interview. Not hard at all.

Interview Question – Nothing really. They will ask you what is the hardest situation you've been in while working for your past employer.   View Answer

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process is easy, but time consuming.
• Applied on AT&T's website, completed personality test.
• Phone interview by an AT&T hiring contractor.
• In person interview with a centralized hiring manager.
• In person interview with a store manager.
• Background check, drug test.

The background check company HireRight contacts everyone with a "request for information to assist with background check". Basically, each person needs to scan and send copies of their last W2.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a similar pay offer on a fixed M-F 8-5 shift.

Very Difficult Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on may 12th.. Got a still in the running email June 17th. Got a call June 18th which was sort of a phone interview and during the call inset up the 1:1 date which was June 26th. There were about eight of us.. We all were interviewed in the same room by different store managers at the same time. It was interesting. I'm now waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Name A time where you had to deal with a difficult customer .   Answer Question
  • Think of a technology device that you have, and explain why you chose it.   View Answer

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online less than a week ago and got an email yesterday from the hiring manager, saying he wanted to do a phone interview. I literally just graduated from high school a month ago and am looking for a full-time job. He said that this is a very demanding job, it's very competitive, but the benefits seem great. He was very forthcoming about everything expected of a new-hire, which I was impressed with. Most employers try to just sell you on the job, but he made it clear that it's not for everyone, and I honestly don't think it's for me. He did mention that you need a month's worth of training, but you will be paid salary plus full commission during that time. The starting pay here, in Colorado Springs, is typically $13/hr and then if you meet or exceed sales goals, he said you can make up to $50,000 a year. I don't know how accurate that is, but that's what I was told. The interview lasted about thirty minutes. He just went over what is required and expected, told me how demanding the job is, and asked me some questions about myself. Mainly, he wanted to know what my sales and customer service background is, which is limited seeing as I'm right out of high school. He also wanted to know what I thought my future with the company would be. As long as you're personable, it's a pretty easy and straightforward interview. Nothing too hard. It was actually the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out among your peers when it comes to sales?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The money is really good, but I don't think the job is a good fit for me. I love customers, and I love interacting with people, but it seems like the biggest thing with this company is the numbers, and that's just not for me. It seems like a great job for someone really competitive, who is willing to give up a lot of their personal time, and sacrifice for the company. It's also a union job, so I would have to pay monthly union dues. I'm not against unions, but I don't really want to be a part of one personally. I'm not ready to give up my life for a company that I'm not even sure I'll love working for. That's why I declined.

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – They ask you questions like what is the worst scenario that you have encountered with a customer and how you were able to take care of it. I really dont remember the rest because this interview was a few years back already.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation that you had with a customer? How did you personally deal with it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Retail Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 164 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.