AT&T

Average Difficulty
170 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

East Lansing, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was hired in as full time sales after completing a 4 month summer greeter position. Interview consisted of first meeting with in store manager, with a few questions about intentions of employment. Followed up by an interview with regional manager of midwest region. As my sales experience was non existent, interview consisted of basic sales questions and did not involve conversation about wage negotiation.

Interview Question – "Sell me this phone."   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – The initial interview was relatively easy. It was a sit-down interview where they basically discussed personal characteristics about me. They also told me the hourly wage and what the job entails. The second interview allowed me to get in touch with the manager of the location that I would potentially be working.

Interview Question – Have you had a difficult customer to handle in the past and I did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – I was recommended by someone employed by AT&T. I was contacted by a recruiter on 7/1/14. The position was for a FT-Retail Sales Consultant 3 hours away from my home (being that I was ready to relocate). After speaking to the recruiter she arranged me an interview with the hiring manager for 7/9/14. The interview with the hiring manger went well. I was then set an interview with a store manager on 7/19/14. The interview went great although I was very nervous. The recruiter contacted me on 7/22/14 with an offer pending a background check. I submitted my info to HireRight on 7/23. My drug testing information arrived via UPS the next day. I took it to the testing center less than an hour later. I was very stressed through the whole ordeal. I'm not sure why because I knew all of my ducks were in a row. HireRight had no problems with any of my information. The background took approximately 5 business days. On 7/30/14 I received a call from my recruiter welcoming me to the team. I start my training 8/26 in Tennessee. I'm so excited!

Interview Question – If a customer comes in wanting to buy an iPhone, what will you do?   View Answer

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in May 2012.

Interview Details – The initial hiring process was to apply through the website. With that, there was a 100 questionnaire. After that process, about a week later, I got a call from HR for a screening. Once I was past the screening, I then interviewed with the store manager and district manager.

Interview Question – Nothing weird or out of the ordinary. Questions about being able to interact with people and a fairly easy going conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AT&T in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and later received a call from a Area Store Director, he interviewed me asked me the usual questions. Then he proceeded with another interview with a store manager then after with a phone interview.

Interview Question – What are your past accomplishments   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Weren't able to negotiate since its a union job.

Phila, PA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on June 9th and immediately got a message to take the qualification tests. After about a week, I got an email saying to call into a number in order to make an appointment for an interview. I called the number and spoke with an HR manager that asked me a number of qualifying questions and then set me up with an interview with another HR manager in my area. This 2nd interview was on June 20th, and went really well, however I had not heard anything from them for about 2 weeks after. I had even sent in a Thank You letter to both managers that I had spoken to. After 2 weeks, I got a call from a store and went in to interview with her and the assistant manager. This was an awesome interview and job preview. After my session was completed, I was told that I had to have yet another interview with the area manager the following week. During this interview, I was a bit intimidated by this guy because I was asked to sell him something. Okay, simple (ya think)? I remembered that when I was meeting with the store manager and assistant, I was told that there were 5 selling points for every transaction. So, I asked him a number of questions and directly related his sale to products that were offered and exactly what he had been looking for during that purchase. I QUALIFIED HIM. I couldn't read him even though I was nailing it. This made it even more intimidating because he seemed so unimpressed, but polite. He said that he had a number of interviews lined up for that day and that I would get a call that week with a decision... needless to say, I am still waiting to hear back from them and it has been a week. I don't know what to expect anymore at this point. You would think that I was interviewing for an IT position within the CIA or National Defense Department (4 INTERVIEWS, JEEZ!)

Interview Question – If I were to walk in as a customer, what would you sell me?   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

Interview Details – You will first be required to take a test to make sure that you have the ability to work there. Then your results will be sent to a hiring manager where you will be called for a phone interview. If the hiring manager approves you will be asked for a in person interview that asks the general interview questions (what are your goals, when was a time that you were faced with a difficult decision and how did you overcome that obstacle, what motivates you, if you saw an employee stealing what would you do even if that person was your good friend, etc.) after that you will be asked to shadow in a local store most likely on the same day. After that you will go through one final interview with the store manager that you shadowed in the manager and hiring manager will discuss how you performed and make a division within a few days.

Interview Question – You are applying to work for a communications company; on a scale of 1-10 how much do you know about how a call/text/data makes it to your phone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Terms were non-negotiable

Union City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview then face to face with Area Manager. nothing else to add. it was easy and fair. 30 words is too long of a process. It should be shorter.

Interview Question – How to stay motivated. How to exceed goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none. union pay.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process is easy, but time consuming.
• Applied on AT&T's website, completed personality test.
• Phone interview by an AT&T hiring contractor.
• In person interview with a centralized hiring manager.
• In person interview with a store manager.
• Background check, drug test.

The background check company HireRight contacts everyone with a "request for information to assist with background check". Basically, each person needs to scan and send copies of their last W2.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a similar pay offer on a fixed M-F 8-5 shift.

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the May 28th

Phone interview on June 9th

1 on 1 interview with HR on June 10th

Interview w/ Store Manager & ASM on June 10th ( same day )

AT THIS POINT, I WOULD SAY ITS SAFE TO SAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE OFFERED THE JOB. --- HR does not call on weekends, so don't expect anything. ---- June 19th- was told that I was selected for the position. Was Offered the position June 20th explained pay rate, drug test, background check was offered $14.95+ commission I start training either July 10th or August 4th depending on when background comes back

Interview Question – Name a time you had to break company policy to complete a task   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation $14.95 an hour was more than what I asked for.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!