AT&T

2.7

173 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Lansing, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in June 2010.

Was hired in as full time sales after completing a 4 month summer greeter position. Interview consisted of first meeting with in store manager, with a few questions about intentions of employment. Followed up by an interview with regional manager of midwest region. As my sales experience was non existent, interview consisted of basic sales questions and did not involve conversation about wage negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at AT&T.

Applied to a couple of locations and either no answer or rejected. Finally attended a local Hiring Event hosted by AT&T and dressed to the nines, prepared an impressive resume and came confident, knowing the ins and outs of the job description, its responsibilities and an adequate amount of knowledge about the company.

Arrived early at the location, and impressed the set of two managers at each table. Several locations wanted me, but I was thrown into the two-panel managers in a closer location to my home. The managers kept asking questions about my work ethic, knowledge into the business, and why the career switch. They did not ask me to sell them anything, but did ask me what salesmanship abilities do I have that will generate profit and income for the company.

Pay is great but can always be greater depending on your subjective needs. If you can sell well and know how to convince people to gain products then this career is good to love and grow. In the end I accepted because I was done with my old chosen career and this is the new door for me in the new chapter of my life. Hiring takes four weeks. Online application, Character/Personality assessment/ In person Interview, Optional Foreign Language test, Hiring job offer call, Background Check, Drug Test, Hiring call and then training.

Interview Questions
    • How did you generate profit for your previous employer and in what way was it effective?   View Answer
    No negotiation. AT&T salary is defined as a union job, accordingly it has perks and benefits in commission and potential for raise or promotion but nothing negotiable at first hire.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2012.

I was first contacted by an hiring manager and went through the initial interviewed. Then I proceeded to a second interview with a Store manager. After a week of my second interview a third manager contacted me with the offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. I wasn't asked anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I was called a week after the interviewed and the offered was made and I accepted.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AT&T.

I didn't get very far as I completed their online questionnaire and application and shortly thereafter received an email stating they weren't interested and they'd keep my information on file.

Interview Questions
    • All of them were pretty tricky as you weren't sure what the best answer would be.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

The initial interview was relatively easy. It was a sit-down interview where they basically discussed personal characteristics about me. They also told me the hourly wage and what the job entails. The second interview allowed me to get in touch with the manager of the location that I would potentially be working.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had a difficult customer to handle in the past and I did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

I was recommended by someone employed by AT&T. I was contacted by a recruiter on 7/1/14. The position was for a FT-Retail Sales Consultant 3 hours away from my home (being that I was ready to relocate). After speaking to the recruiter she arranged me an interview with the hiring manager for 7/9/14. The interview with the hiring manger went well. I was then set an interview with a store manager on 7/19/14. The interview went great although I was very nervous. The recruiter contacted me on 7/22/14 with an offer pending a background check. I submitted my info to HireRight on 7/23. My drug testing information arrived via UPS the next day. I took it to the testing center less than an hour later. I was very stressed through the whole ordeal. I'm not sure why because I knew all of my ducks were in a row. HireRight had no problems with any of my information. The background took approximately 5 business days. On 7/30/14 I received a call from my recruiter welcoming me to the team. I start my training 8/26 in Tennessee. I'm so excited!

Interview Questions
    • If a customer comes in wanting to buy an iPhone, what will you do?   View Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in May 2012.

The initial hiring process was to apply through the website. With that, there was a 100 questionnaire. After that process, about a week later, I got a call from HR for a screening. Once I was past the screening, I then interviewed with the store manager and district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing weird or out of the ordinary. Questions about being able to interact with people and a fairly easy going conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at AT&T in June 2013.

Applied online and later received a call from a Area Store Director, he interviewed me asked me the usual questions. Then he proceeded with another interview with a store manager then after with a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    Weren't able to negotiate since its a union job.

Anonymous Employee  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

I applied online on June 9th and immediately got a message to take the qualification tests. After about a week, I got an email saying to call into a number in order to make an appointment for an interview. I called the number and spoke with an HR manager that asked me a number of qualifying questions and then set me up with an interview with another HR manager in my area. This 2nd interview was on June 20th, and went really well, however I had not heard anything from them for about 2 weeks after. I had even sent in a Thank You letter to both managers that I had spoken to. After 2 weeks, I got a call from a store and went in to interview with her and the assistant manager. This was an awesome interview and job preview. After my session was completed, I was told that I had to have yet another interview with the area manager the following week. During this interview, I was a bit intimidated by this guy because I was asked to sell him something. Okay, simple (ya think)? I remembered that when I was meeting with the store manager and assistant, I was told that there were 5 selling points for every transaction. So, I asked him a number of questions and directly related his sale to products that were offered and exactly what he had been looking for during that purchase. I QUALIFIED HIM. I couldn't read him even though I was nailing it. This made it even more intimidating because he seemed so unimpressed, but polite. He said that he had a number of interviews lined up for that day and that I would get a call that week with a decision... needless to say, I am still waiting to hear back from them and it has been a week. I don't know what to expect anymore at this point. You would think that I was interviewing for an IT position within the CIA or National Defense Department (4 INTERVIEWS, JEEZ!)

Interview Questions
    • If I were to walk in as a customer, what would you sell me?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

You will first be required to take a test to make sure that you have the ability to work there. Then your results will be sent to a hiring manager where you will be called for a phone interview. If the hiring manager approves you will be asked for a in person interview that asks the general interview questions (what are your goals, when was a time that you were faced with a difficult decision and how did you overcome that obstacle, what motivates you, if you saw an employee stealing what would you do even if that person was your good friend, etc.) after that you will be asked to shadow in a local store most likely on the same day. After that you will go through one final interview with the store manager that you shadowed in the manager and hiring manager will discuss how you performed and make a division within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • You are applying to work for a communications company; on a scale of 1-10 how much do you know about how a call/text/data makes it to your phone?   View Answer
    Terms were non-negotiable

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!