AT&T

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.7

182 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

phone interview, in person interview, 3 weeks training may put you up in a hotel depending on the location of training. vigerous training process long days lots of lecturing and paperwork

Interview Questions
  • when was a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
salary is pretty set

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

I had relocated to a different state, and was in need of work. Though out of my industry I thought I was qualified for the job. So I had first interview at the corporate office went extremely well, so I got an in-store interview went well, thought I had the job walked me out.."just how the company makes them do with there customers" and she said expect a call within the next 7 days. Didn't hear a thing. Called back left voicemails no call-back. The position has been filled would of been nice. In reality they did me a favor but what happend to common courtesy...?

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions typical sales, teamwork, and situational questions.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

The process took a few weeks. I was contacted by phone and set up an interview with the regional hiring manager, and she asked typical sales questions. I did not end up getting an offer due to my lack of sales experience on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were particularly proud of how you dealt with a customer.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Applied online about 2 months ago, received a call from an HR recruiting company, asked a few questions to see if you fit the job, gave interview with store, arrived at interview date along with 50 others. It was a large hiring event after all, waiting for news this and next week as told.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a situation where a coworker was breaking the rules?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

I received an email from a recruiter scheduling interviews. In reality, they were pre-screen interviews. She was very unprofessional and never told me which store I was interviewing at. I had to call her repeatedly, then she gave me a nasty response. I arrived at the interview early and sat for around 10 minutes. The employees just looked it me. It was awkward. The interviewer finished with the interview before me, and was very friendly. The whole time was nonchalant and laid back. She as smiling the whole time and laughing. In the end I never heard back and realize she wasn't considering me atall, it was a joke to her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

Applied to a couple of locations and either no answer or rejected. Finally attended a local Hiring Event hosted by AT&T and dressed to the nines, prepared an impressive resume and came confident, knowing the ins and outs of the job description, its responsibilities and an adequate amount of knowledge about the company.

Arrived early at the location, and impressed the set of two managers at each table. Several locations wanted me, but I was thrown into the two-panel managers in a closer location to my home. The managers kept asking questions about my work ethic, knowledge into the business, and why the career switch. They did not ask me to sell them anything, but did ask me what salesmanship abilities do I have that will generate profit and income for the company.

Pay is great but can always be greater depending on your subjective needs. If you can sell well and know how to convince people to gain products then this career is good to love and grow. In the end I accepted because I was done with my old chosen career and this is the new door for me in the new chapter of my life. Hiring takes four weeks. Online application, Character/Personality assessment/ In person Interview, Optional Foreign Language test, Hiring job offer call, Background Check, Drug Test, Hiring call and then training.

Interview Questions
    • How did you generate profit for your previous employer and in what way was it effective?   View Answer
    No negotiation. AT&T salary is defined as a union job, accordingly it has perks and benefits in commission and potential for raise or promotion but nothing negotiable at first hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Applied online and received a email one week later to complete an online assessment. After completing the online assessment I received a call from the HR 3-4 weeks later. The call was very informative towards the hours, location and more in depth about the position and also to schedule a interview the following day at the corporate location.
    I arrived at the interview the next day 45 min and was then greeted by the clerk who then directed me to the lobby where I was then directed to the interview room. The interviewer informed me that he was conducting a "Blitz" interview where he wanted to ask as much about me and my past experience in a shorter time period. There weren't any questions which really caught me off guard, just basic questions asking about my past work experience, education, career goals, and what keeps me motivated. He then gave me more information regarding the RSC, hours, company information, what is to be expected, and lastly gave me a chance to ask questions. At the end of the interview he informed me that if I was selected to move forward that I would hear something with the next 3-4 business days. However I received a phone call the very next day to conduct a final face-to-face interview the following day at the store location which I applied at.
    When I arrived at the final interview I was a little nervous but once I began speaking to the store manager I was at ease and more comfortable. The manager just went over my resume, asked questions about my sales experience and surprisingly did not ask any scenario questions. They had me shadow a store employee for about 45 min to see how well I fit in and interacted with the customers. I left that interview feeling confident but unsure at the same time and a week and a half later I received a phone call to extend a offer. Being that I am a recent college graduate, I kinda expected a higher start pay but with the bonuses, commissions, and yearly raises I am very satisfied to be working for this company.

No negotions

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

I didn't get very far as I completed their online questionnaire and application and shortly thereafter received an email stating they weren't interested and they'd keep my information on file.

Interview Questions
    • All of them were pretty tricky as you weren't sure what the best answer would be.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

The initial interview was relatively easy. It was a sit-down interview where they basically discussed personal characteristics about me. They also told me the hourly wage and what the job entails. The second interview allowed me to get in touch with the manager of the location that I would potentially be working.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had a difficult customer to handle in the past and I did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

I was recommended by someone employed by AT&T. I was contacted by a recruiter on 7/1/14. The position was for a FT-Retail Sales Consultant 3 hours away from my home (being that I was ready to relocate). After speaking to the recruiter she arranged me an interview with the hiring manager for 7/9/14. The interview with the hiring manger went well. I was then set an interview with a store manager on 7/19/14. The interview went great although I was very nervous. The recruiter contacted me on 7/22/14 with an offer pending a background check. I submitted my info to HireRight on 7/23. My drug testing information arrived via UPS the next day. I took it to the testing center less than an hour later. I was very stressed through the whole ordeal. I'm not sure why because I knew all of my ducks were in a row. HireRight had no problems with any of my information. The background took approximately 5 business days. On 7/30/14 I received a call from my recruiter welcoming me to the team. I start my training 8/26 in Tennessee. I'm so excited!

Interview Questions
    • If a customer comes in wanting to buy an iPhone, what will you do?   View Answer

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!