AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Davie, FL).

Interview

I did an online application May 14th and within a couple of minutes received the "next step" email from them prompting me to complete the questionnaire. The next day May 15th i received a call from the AT&T recruiter who did a brief over the phone interview and got a quick idea of my skills/ experience with retail and customer service, she then scheduled me for my first face to face interview for Monday May 18th with a hiring manager. This interview was slightly more formal and lasted a little under an hour. The interviewer asked me why i chose AT&T along with various situational scenarios describing my encounters working in retail. We also did a quick role play activity where i was asked to sell him something(anything i choose) that i believe i am knowledgeable on. He explained to me that AT&T does 3 interviews before extending an offer. The first with himself(the hiring manager) and the next 2 with two store managers from the district in which i would be placed. Yesterday May 29th i had my second interview with 1 of the store managers and it went. This interview was way shorter and straight to the point, basically getting a feel if your a good fit for their store. He explained that he believed my qualifications and skills would be a great fit for his location and that i would hear from him within the next few days. I have heard that AT&T's hiring process is a bit lengthy so the waiting game begins....

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AT&T Are you comfortable in an environment where you have to meet set goals and quotas What experience do you have working in sales/retail   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

applied online, got a call after 2 weeks for an interview with the store manager. A week after an interview with the regional HR person. A few days later they start doing a background check and drug test. After that, you get an job offer from HR. They send you to training for a month with all the expenses included. The whole process takes 2+ months until you start working at the store

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here? Tell me an example of a difficult situation you've had in the past? How did you solve the problem? Why should I hire you? Do you plan to move to management?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It was an okay experience overall. I felt welcomed. Questions were behavioral. They went over my resume as well. Then, I was asked technical questions on another round. I did very well, I thought. However, I had to decline the offer due to other more lucrative offers from a competitive company. It was closer to my home as well.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

It took 2 weeks from the online application to schedule my phone interview. The phone interview went great the recruiter scheduled my face to face interview with a man from corporate in a local store. When I arrived for my interview the store gm took me back and told me I was an hour early and she would be the first to interview me. She asked a variety of random questions with no role play. Then the corporate man came and and basically said hello we may call you . A week later I received and email stating someone else was more qualified.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Phone interview, HR recruiting interview, store managers interview. Phone interview was just general info and scheduling in person interview. HR guy was most formal, sticking to important info. Store managers were much more informal and less professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... you went above and beyond, you solved a problem, you closed a sale with an irate person, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Youngstown, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy process. Applied and received a phone call from a recruiter who asked very basic questions (i.e Can you work full time? Can you stand for 8 hours at a time? Do you have open availability?) and was scheduled for an in person interview during the call. Met with the regional hiring manager who was very laid back and asked several questions about past sales experience and dealing with difficult customers. There were a few trick questions, however, so be careful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever persuaded someone to make a sale?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Look it was cool, took a while before they got back to me about a little over a month and half before I heard anything. The interview process was good had a phone interview then a store interview immediately following. Took a while before I knew i was hired

Interview Questions

• The standard questions that you lost likely get asked in any interview to see if you are qualified   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I've applied to three positions total, the first one they told me right away the next day I did not qualify so the next weekend I tried two more. I applied online Sunday evening and got an email from the staffing manager before noon on monday about having a Telephone Pre-Screen Interview tuesday, wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions about if you've thought about stealing or ever stole from a job and a lot about if you would fire someone who stole less than $5.00 or $10.00.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

1)Online application w/ short questioner. 2)If passed you'll be offered to take an online assessment. If passed the application status will change to "your résumé is being reviewed." 3)If you meet all requirements a hiring manager will call, ask a few basic questions & schedule an interview. Online application status will change to "hiring manager is scheduling interviews." You should also receive emails. 4)1-on-1 interview took 30min, behavior question. They encourage interviewees to ask several questions. 5)Scheduled to meet the store manager, this is not in interview. Simply a time so see the store as an employee. Make sure you have LOTS of questions to ask. 6)Official job offer with pre-onboarding paperwork and drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Accepted first offer with base salary plus target commission.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AT&T in January 2015.

Interview

I went onto the AT&T careers page. I submitted my information and resume. I was then invited to take an assessment. I passed the initial assessment. Then I got another assessment about honesty and drug use; I failed that assessment. The assessments use psychological tests to "weed" people out. If you normally fail personality tests for jobs like Target, Macy's, Walmart, etc..., then this is much worse and I pray for you. If you are a person that always tries to do the right thing, you are put at a disadvantage because the social desirability measure essentially calls you a liar. For instance, if you say that you try not to litter, they will assume that you are lying. If you say that you have never thought about stealing money from work, they will think that you are lying; I have never worked in a job that had money so how can they call me a liar when I say that I didn't have thoughts about stealing it? If you are completely honest with them and your thoughts and opinions don't line up, good luck... The only way to pass this assessment is to trick the system. Even if you don't litter, admit to it because they think that everyone litters... I have only been able to pass one of these so called psychological tests once at Macy's in 2011. T-Mobile and Sprint's interview process is way more straightforward and probably has more validity to the retail shopping experience; they just want to know how good of a sales person you would be and they do not assume that their potential employees are inherently dishonest. Really AT&T, do you think that you can predict when a person will steal using a poorly constructed survey? I probably can answer that because numerous self-reported employees and customers claim that AT&T is an expert on stealing money from its dwindling fan base. The only positive thing to this process was that they kept good communication and feedback; they let you know immediately if you are still being considered or not.

Interview Questions

• If you knew that a family member was stealing, would you report it to management? no probably no probably yes yes   1 Answer