AT&T

Getting the Interview

135 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and filled out their assessment test. Received a call 2 weeks later from the HR staffing who asked a few questions and scheduled me for a 1 on 1 with the Hiring Manager. She asked me a lot of scenario questions from my previous jobs. They like using the STAR method. After the interview, I was asked to have an interview with the store manager the following week.

Second interview with the store manager went well. Just basic questions about selling and what great customer service is. He scheduled me an interview with the area sales manager the following day. The head honcho really grilled me, but she was also very informative about the company. She asked also the basic questions about selling, customer service, etc. I was asked to sell her something. Be sure to ask questions after the interview. They want to know that you're interested in the company. After the third interview, she said the hiring manager is away on vacation but she will get back to me in 2 weeks. Since everything went well, I waited for the call.

After a month of interviews and waiting, I got a call from HR staffing of a conditional offer granted background check and drug test cleared. Did all that within 72 hours and 3 days later got an official email that everything cleared and when my training will start.

Sometimes you have to be patient. The whole process takes about a month if not more. AT&T doesn't really update your online application status as often as you think they do. Most often the managers you interviewed with will give you their business cards. You should follow up by emailing them a thank you note for the interview. That gives you brownie points. If you don't hear back, you can always call HR or the store manager to follow up.

Good luck to all!

Interview Question – My pet peeve is when people are late. Would you say you're late a lot?
Why AT&T and not some other company?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate since I got a reasonable offer. I heard pay ranges from $12-16. It all depends on experience. You get more if you're bilingual and have a college degree.

Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in September 2013.

Interview Details – 3

Interview Question – When can you start   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Applied for "part time" 20hr max, during interview process i was asked to work 24 - 32 hrs.
currently have a FT position.

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – Great interview, Short, Informative and conclusive

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary just questions regarding your personal skills and how it will benefit them if they hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Email and link to finish the hiring proccess

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call a couple weeks later that consisted of a short phone interview. Scheduled an in person interview and did not get the job.

Interview Question – Why should I choose you over all the other candidates?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Interview Details – Went online and applied.
Got an email 2 weeks later to attend an event.
Interviewed with a manager.
Now I'm just waiting (1 week so far).

Interview Question – Asked to pitch a sale. Really easy.   Answer Question

Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2010.

Interview Details – 4 WEEKS

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Basic sales and history of employment questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the 20th

Phone interview on the 27th

1 on 1 interview with DM on March 3rd

Interview w/ Store Manager & ASM on March 3rd ( same day )

Called from Staffing ( on the 4th ) to set up a date to take a Spanish assessment for March 7th ( has nothing to do with hiring, it's just for Salary purposes )

---- AT THIS POINT, I WOULD SAY ITS SAFE TO SAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE OFFERED THE JOB.

--- HR does not call on weekends, so don't expect anything. ----

March 12th - Offered the position explained pay rate, drug test, background check was offered $14.53 + commission

I start training 30 in April ( that's if background check/drug test comes back good - so DO NOT put in your 2 weeks yet. )

Good Luck!

Interview Question – - Which subject would you prefer English or Math
- Tell me about yourself ( 1st question )
- Roleplay ( sell me this paperclip )
- How would you deal with an angry customer

FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS ON SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Happy Customers = More Referrals = More Sales <--- THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't try, satisfied with offer.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Took 6 months of interviews and call backs

Interview Question – Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in July 2010.

Interview Details – Process wasn't too bad. Applied online. Met with the store manager at the location I applied for. Had a 2nd interview with the the regional manager at the corporate headquaters. Very typical process. After started a one month training course at the corporate headquarters. Completed and started at the retail store I applied to.

Interview Question – Honestly it wasn't too bad. Most question had to do with sales and how proficient I was with technology. Also asked if I liked talking to people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a retail job. There wasn't any negotiations really

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Phone screening, then an interview, then one more and a job offer. Had to take two online assessments as well. The interviews were pretty simple, sales oriented questions. They did not require any sales interaction or trial in store. Just an interview and then a job offer. It was a easy and quick overall process.

Interview Question – None, they were easy questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough money, offered me less than average and would not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Retail Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 135 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.