AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T in March 2015.

I've applied to three positions total, the first one they told me right away the next day I did not qualify so the next weekend I tried two more. I applied online Sunday evening and got an email from the staffing manager before noon on monday about having a Telephone Pre-Screen Interview tuesday, wish me luck!

Interview Questions
  • They ask a lot of questions about if you've thought about stealing or ever stole from a job and a lot about if you would fire someone who stole less than $5.00 or $10.00.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AT&T in January 2015.

I went onto the AT&T careers page. I submitted my information and resume. I was then invited to take an assessment. I passed the initial assessment. Then I got another assessment about honesty and drug use; I failed that assessment. The assessments use psychological tests to "weed" people out.

If you normally fail personality tests for jobs like Target, Macy's, Walmart, etc..., then this is much worse and I pray for you.

If you are a person that always tries to do the right thing, you are put at a disadvantage because the social desirability measure essentially calls you a liar. For instance, if you say that you try not to litter, they will assume that you are lying. If you say that you have never thought about stealing money from work, they will think that you are lying; I have never worked in a job that had money so how can they call me a liar when I say that I didn't have thoughts about stealing it?

If you are completely honest with them and your thoughts and opinions don't line up, good luck...

The only way to pass this assessment is to trick the system. Even if you don't litter, admit to it because they think that everyone litters... I have only been able to pass one of these so called psychological tests once at Macy's in 2011.

T-Mobile and Sprint's interview process is way more straightforward and probably has more validity to the retail shopping experience; they just want to know how good of a sales person you would be and they do not assume that their potential employees are inherently dishonest. Really AT&T, do you think that you can predict when a person will steal using a poorly constructed survey? I probably can answer that because numerous self-reported employees and customers claim that AT&T is an expert on stealing money from its dwindling fan base.

The only positive thing to this process was that they kept good communication and feedback; they let you know immediately if you are still being considered or not.

Interview Questions
    • If you knew that a family member was stealing, would you report it to management?
      probably no
      probably yes

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

1)Online application w/ short questioner. 2)If passed you'll be offered to take an online assessment. If passed the application status will change to "your résumé is being reviewed." 3)If you meet all requirements a hiring manager will call, ask a few basic questions & schedule an interview. Online application status will change to "hiring manager is scheduling interviews." You should also receive emails. 4)1-on-1 interview took 30min, behavior question. They encourage interviewees to ask several questions. 5)Scheduled to meet the store manager, this is not in interview. Simply a time so see the store as an employee. Make sure you have LOTS of questions to ask. 6)Official job offer with pre-onboarding paperwork and drug test.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. Accepted first offer with base salary plus target commission.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T.

I applied 2:30 in the am received a call back the same morning at 11:30am for the first interview waities Until that Friday for the second phone interview and then the set me for the rjp that monday so it took me about 5 days before the background check

Interview Questions
    • Do you have flexible hours because you are always going to be at work   View Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

phone interview, in person interview, 3 weeks training may put you up in a hotel depending on the location of training. vigerous training process long days lots of lecturing and paperwork

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    salary is pretty set

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in November 2014.

Applied online at Att.com and received a phone call two days later from a recruiter. The recruiter conducted a quick phone screen interview to gauge my interest and talk about my work history and education. After the phone interview I was told I would be contacted for a second interview if I was a good match. Received a call to schedule an in person interview with the central hiring manager within a couple of hours. The second interview was at a corporate store in the area and was about 45 minutes long. It was relaxed and straight forward, we talked about my previous work, education, and future career goals. I was told there would be a third interview if they decided to move forward with me. Within 3 hours I received an email scheduling the third interview with an area manager at a different local store on the same day. The third interview was similar in style as the second and much of the same was discussed. Due to my education and work history I was hired on the spot. Received a continent offer within 5 business days of my last interview. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base salary plus commission. Was given a higher base due to having a college degree.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Applied online. Was contacted by email to come in for an interview in-person. Was called a week and a half later with a job offer after a drug screening. The training was a month long, and very rigorous, and consisted of me travelling 3 hours each way for a two day training-vacation.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very team-oriented, but nothing difficult if you've been through one of these generalized corporate form interviews before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

you meet with the hiring manager, manager of the store as well as assistant manager. it is a very easy process as long as your "normal" and don't say anything to left field. the longest process is the online tests and drug test, and background. Once you pass that your basically home free.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T in November 2014.

Took about a week, received a call from H.R. to schedule interview with recruiter. Arrived 15 min early. Interview lasted about 30 min. Basically went over resume & discussed training, hours, locations. Then recruiter told me he would call me back to schedule interview with hiring manager. Have not heard back since. I called back H.R. & was told my application was on hold, but that they are always hiring. Not really sure what to think.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if hours & locations would be an issue as well as traveling for training.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T.

Went in, filled out some paperwork about me and past jobs, was asked some basic questions, but never got a call back and was never offered the job. Would definitely not recommend.