AT&T

2.7

177 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Applied online and received a email one week later to complete an online assessment. After completing the online assessment I received a call from the HR 3-4 weeks later. The call was very informative towards the hours, location and more in depth about the position and also to schedule a interview the following day at the corporate location.
I arrived at the interview the next day 45 min and was then greeted by the clerk who then directed me to the lobby where I was then directed to the interview room. The interviewer informed me that he was conducting a "Blitz" interview where he wanted to ask as much about me and my past experience in a shorter time period. There weren't any questions which really caught me off guard, just basic questions asking about my past work experience, education, career goals, and what keeps me motivated. He then gave me more information regarding the RSC, hours, company information, what is to be expected, and lastly gave me a chance to ask questions. At the end of the interview he informed me that if I was selected to move forward that I would hear something with the next 3-4 business days. However I received a phone call the very next day to conduct a final face-to-face interview the following day at the store location which I applied at.
When I arrived at the final interview I was a little nervous but once I began speaking to the store manager I was at ease and more comfortable. The manager just went over my resume, asked questions about my sales experience and surprisingly did not ask any scenario questions. They had me shadow a store employee for about 45 min to see how well I fit in and interacted with the customers. I left that interview feeling confident but unsure at the same time and a week and a half later I received a phone call to extend a offer. Being that I am a recent college graduate, I kinda expected a higher start pay but with the bonuses, commissions, and yearly raises I am very satisfied to be working for this company.

No negotions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

apply online, do assessments, phone interview with recruiter, 1 on 1 with the hiring lead at the corporate offices then 2 days later 1 on 1 with the store manager. now just waiting for final decision

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Incredible experience. It did take awhile to get in the door, but once you do, it's smooth sailing. Hiring Manager was extremely friendly and happy to see me. Right after my first interview, I was sent to my respective store to meet with that Store Manager and she was the same way. Nothing but good things to say about AT&T. Eager to help the interviewee and answers all of your questions quickly.

Interview Questions
    It did take some time to receive my offer, but it was better than expected. Well worth the wait!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

I first applied online and immediately completed the online test. Within passing this, I received a call from a staffing person about 3 days later. (I first applied on Friday, I received this call on a Monday). Unlike others, this was not a phone interview, she simply just asked me when I would be available to meet with the hiring manager. About a week later I met with the hiring manager at a corporate office. This interview last 10-15 minutes. Just went over my resume and was asked about how I deal with difficult customers, what selling techniques do I use, etc. I was also asked what phone I currently have in this interview. I was really unsure of if I would move forward or not because the interviewer showed very little emotion. I was told that i would know if I was selected to move forward by looking online and viewing my job submission status. If it said "not considering you at this time.," then obviously you were not selected.

About an hour later my status updated telling me I was still in the running for the position. 2 days later , on a sunday the store manager called me to set up an interview for later that week. At this interview, I again went through my resume, my selling techniques and my goals in life. I was told about the job and was asked if I was up for challenge. At the end of the interview, He thanked me for my time and that was it.

5 days later, I got a call from the recruiter giving me a contingent offer that would be finalized after I completed my background check through hireright and drugtest.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last criticism you got from a previous boss ?   View Answer
    No negotiating. Was offered. $14.50 for pay plus commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in June 2010.

Was hired in as full time sales after completing a 4 month summer greeter position. Interview consisted of first meeting with in store manager, with a few questions about intentions of employment. Followed up by an interview with regional manager of midwest region. As my sales experience was non existent, interview consisted of basic sales questions and did not involve conversation about wage negotiation.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2012.

I was first contacted by an hiring manager and went through the initial interviewed. Then I proceeded to a second interview with a Store manager. After a week of my second interview a third manager contacted me with the offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. I wasn't asked anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I was called a week after the interviewed and the offered was made and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

Applied to a couple of locations and either no answer or rejected. Finally attended a local Hiring Event hosted by AT&T and dressed to the nines, prepared an impressive resume and came confident, knowing the ins and outs of the job description, its responsibilities and an adequate amount of knowledge about the company.

Arrived early at the location, and impressed the set of two managers at each table. Several locations wanted me, but I was thrown into the two-panel managers in a closer location to my home. The managers kept asking questions about my work ethic, knowledge into the business, and why the career switch. They did not ask me to sell them anything, but did ask me what salesmanship abilities do I have that will generate profit and income for the company.

Pay is great but can always be greater depending on your subjective needs. If you can sell well and know how to convince people to gain products then this career is good to love and grow. In the end I accepted because I was done with my old chosen career and this is the new door for me in the new chapter of my life. Hiring takes four weeks. Online application, Character/Personality assessment/ In person Interview, Optional Foreign Language test, Hiring job offer call, Background Check, Drug Test, Hiring call and then training.

Interview Questions
    • How did you generate profit for your previous employer and in what way was it effective?   View Answer
    No negotiation. AT&T salary is defined as a union job, accordingly it has perks and benefits in commission and potential for raise or promotion but nothing negotiable at first hire.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

I didn't get very far as I completed their online questionnaire and application and shortly thereafter received an email stating they weren't interested and they'd keep my information on file.

Interview Questions
    • All of them were pretty tricky as you weren't sure what the best answer would be.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

The initial interview was relatively easy. It was a sit-down interview where they basically discussed personal characteristics about me. They also told me the hourly wage and what the job entails. The second interview allowed me to get in touch with the manager of the location that I would potentially be working.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had a difficult customer to handle in the past and I did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

I was recommended by someone employed by AT&T. I was contacted by a recruiter on 7/1/14. The position was for a FT-Retail Sales Consultant 3 hours away from my home (being that I was ready to relocate). After speaking to the recruiter she arranged me an interview with the hiring manager for 7/9/14. The interview with the hiring manger went well. I was then set an interview with a store manager on 7/19/14. The interview went great although I was very nervous. The recruiter contacted me on 7/22/14 with an offer pending a background check. I submitted my info to HireRight on 7/23. My drug testing information arrived via UPS the next day. I took it to the testing center less than an hour later. I was very stressed through the whole ordeal. I'm not sure why because I knew all of my ducks were in a row. HireRight had no problems with any of my information. The background took approximately 5 business days. On 7/30/14 I received a call from my recruiter welcoming me to the team. I start my training 8/26 in Tennessee. I'm so excited!

Interview Questions
    • If a customer comes in wanting to buy an iPhone, what will you do?   View Answer

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!