AT&T

2.7

177 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheyenne, WY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Put in an application online and got a phone call about a week and half late. Basic phone interview asking why I was interested in the job and where I picture myself in 5 years. Got another call another week later to schedule an in person interview. I was interviewed by the regional manager as well as the store manager. It was pretty easy because it was the store manager's first ever hiring. Normal questions, Tell us about a time you had to deal with an upset customer, why should we hire you, stuff like that. Then I got a call about 3 days later offering the job. Just be very open and don't be shy. They're looking for people with the right attitude, whether you have sales experience or not. As they told me, that can be taught. Personality is going to stay the same.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

I started about a month ago and was called by a HR personnel, i was schedule for an interview and went. It was a good experience even though i dont consider myself to have good interview skills. I was hoping to get called back but the status was updated to not considering you at this time, i left it there and moved on. Two weeks later the same HR personnel called me to ask if i was interested on another location which is two blocks from my house and i said yes today i got a call from the store manager and i am expecting the best. But i know there is a lot of competence and people with better interviewing skills, i tend to get very nervous while being interviewed. Anybody with any tips for the store manager interview?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you receive negative feedback? How do you respond to feedback?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

I applied online and filled out their assessment test. Received a call 2 weeks later from the HR staffing who asked a few questions and scheduled me for a 1 on 1 with the Hiring Manager. She asked me a lot of scenario questions from my previous jobs. They like using the STAR method. After the interview, I was asked to have an interview with the store manager the following week.

Second interview with the store manager went well. Just basic questions about selling and what great customer service is. He scheduled me an interview with the area sales manager the following day. The head honcho really grilled me, but she was also very informative about the company. She asked also the basic questions about selling, customer service, etc. I was asked to sell her something. Be sure to ask questions after the interview. They want to know that you're interested in the company. After the third interview, she said the hiring manager is away on vacation but she will get back to me in 2 weeks. Since everything went well, I waited for the call.

After a month of interviews and waiting, I got a call from HR staffing of a conditional offer granted background check and drug test cleared. Did all that within 72 hours and 3 days later got an official email that everything cleared and when my training will start.

Sometimes you have to be patient. The whole process takes about a month if not more. AT&T doesn't really update your online application status as often as you think they do. Most often the managers you interviewed with will give you their business cards. You should follow up by emailing them a thank you note for the interview. That gives you brownie points. If you don't hear back, you can always call HR or the store manager to follow up.

Good luck to all!

Interview Questions
    • My pet peeve is when people are late. Would you say you're late a lot?
      Why AT&T and not some other company?
        View Answer
    I didn't negotiate since I got a reasonable offer. I heard pay ranges from $12-16. It all depends on experience. You get more if you're bilingual and have a college degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in September 2013.

Interview Questions

Applied for "part time" 20hr max, during interview process i was asked to work 24 - 32 hrs.
    currently have a FT position.

Great interview, Short, Informative and conclusive

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary just questions regarding your personal skills and how it will benefit them if they hire you.   Answer Question
    Email and link to finish the hiring proccess

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

Applied online and received a phone call a couple weeks later that consisted of a short phone interview. Scheduled an in person interview and did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you over all the other candidates?   View Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Went online and applied.
    Got an email 2 weeks later to attend an event.
    Interviewed with a manager.
    Now I'm just waiting (1 week so far).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2010.

4 WEEKS

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Basic sales and history of employment questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

Applied on the 20th

Phone interview on the 27th

1 on 1 interview with DM on March 3rd

Interview w/ Store Manager & ASM on March 3rd ( same day )

Called from Staffing ( on the 4th ) to set up a date to take a Spanish assessment for March 7th ( has nothing to do with hiring, it's just for Salary purposes )

---- AT THIS POINT, I WOULD SAY ITS SAFE TO SAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE OFFERED THE JOB.

--- HR does not call on weekends, so don't expect anything. ----

March 12th - Offered the position explained pay rate, drug test, background check was offered $14.53 + commission

I start training 30 in April ( that's if background check/drug test comes back good - so DO NOT put in your 2 weeks yet. )

Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • - Which subject would you prefer English or Math
      - Tell me about yourself ( 1st question )
      - Roleplay ( sell me this paperclip )
      - How would you deal with an angry customer

FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS ON SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE.
      Happy Customers = More Referrals = More Sales <--- THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR!
        Answer Question
    didn't try, satisfied with offer.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Took 6 months of interviews and call backs