AT&T

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.7

195 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in May 2014.

The interview process was at the corporate branch downtown in Indianapolis for Greenwood based sales position. The interviewer was 30 minutes late to our scheduled interview. The process was too mechanic in nature with no deviation from the promts given on her iPad. During the entire process the interviewer was more focus on the iPad rather than on what I was saying.

Interview Questions
  • Many questions were focused on why I was looking to leave my current position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Great interview, Short, Informative and conclusive

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary just questions regarding your personal skills and how it will benefit them if they hire you.   Answer Question
    Email and link to finish the hiring proccess

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

I filled out an application online and completed 2 personality assessments. The position I applied for got filled however a few days later I got an email from a regional hiring manager with a phone number to call. I called and we spoke briefly.

From what I read online it appears as though they do a 3 step interview process. Phone interview, then centralized hiring manager, then realistic job preview or an interview with the management at the store you've applied to. When I spoke to the regional hiring manager I wouldn't say that it was an interview. She asked me questions about my availability and discussed some salary information and asked if I was ok with that.

After that I scheduled an interview with the centralized hiring manager at a store. She told me at the beginning of the interview that her job was to decided "if i could do the job". I smiled a lot and I wore a lot of confidence to the interview. I was knowledgeable about the telecommunications interview and I answered all of her questions. The interview questions were behavioral interview questions so if you can google that and maybe the night before copy and paste a WHOLE BUNCH into a word document and just type out your answers and spend time going over it. They want you to answer the questions in STAR format. Google that and prepare your answers. Be specific in your examples and make sure you make note of the result.

Be friendly. In my interview we didn't spend a lot of time with the questions at all. The interview lasted about an hour but to be honest it didn't feel that way. We did a lot of talking about other things industry related. Tomorrow I will be going on my realistic job preview and I'm excited!

Also when you leave your interview be sure to ask for a card and send a letter of thanks to the interviewer for the opportunity and why you feel like you'll be a great fit. If you're told that you'll be receiving a response or to expect a call by a certain day or time ... reach out to the centralized hiring manager IMMEDIATELY if you have not been contacted by that time. Show you're interested and show you're punctual.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest interview question I think anyone should be prepared for is WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU AND WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST WEAKNESS.   View Answer
    I'm anticipating an offer they told me about when the training class starts.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Applied online and received a phone call a couple weeks later that consisted of a short phone interview. Scheduled an in person interview and did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you over all the other candidates?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

I started about a month ago and was called by a HR personnel, i was schedule for an interview and went. It was a good experience even though i dont consider myself to have good interview skills. I was hoping to get called back but the status was updated to not considering you at this time, i left it there and moved on. Two weeks later the same HR personnel called me to ask if i was interested on another location which is two blocks from my house and i said yes today i got a call from the store manager and i am expecting the best. But i know there is a lot of competence and people with better interviewing skills, i tend to get very nervous while being interviewed. Anybody with any tips for the store manager interview?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you receive negative feedback? How do you respond to feedback?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Went online and applied.
    Got an email 2 weeks later to attend an event.
    Interviewed with a manager.
    Now I'm just waiting (1 week so far).

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Took 6 months of interviews and call backs

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Phone screening, then an interview, then one more and a job offer. Had to take two online assessments as well. The interviews were pretty simple, sales oriented questions. They did not require any sales interaction or trial in store. Just an interview and then a job offer. It was a easy and quick overall process.

Interview Questions

Not enough money, offered me less than average and would not negotiate.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

was hired originally by a dealer location that was sold off to company and became corporate store. so no opinion.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

I applied online and filled out their assessment test. Received a call 2 weeks later from the HR staffing who asked a few questions and scheduled me for a 1 on 1 with the Hiring Manager. She asked me a lot of scenario questions from my previous jobs. They like using the STAR method. After the interview, I was asked to have an interview with the store manager the following week.

Second interview with the store manager went well. Just basic questions about selling and what great customer service is. He scheduled me an interview with the area sales manager the following day. The head honcho really grilled me, but she was also very informative about the company. She asked also the basic questions about selling, customer service, etc. I was asked to sell her something. Be sure to ask questions after the interview. They want to know that you're interested in the company. After the third interview, she said the hiring manager is away on vacation but she will get back to me in 2 weeks. Since everything went well, I waited for the call.

After a month of interviews and waiting, I got a call from HR staffing of a conditional offer granted background check and drug test cleared. Did all that within 72 hours and 3 days later got an official email that everything cleared and when my training will start.

Sometimes you have to be patient. The whole process takes about a month if not more. AT&T doesn't really update your online application status as often as you think they do. Most often the managers you interviewed with will give you their business cards. You should follow up by emailing them a thank you note for the interview. That gives you brownie points. If you don't hear back, you can always call HR or the store manager to follow up.

Good luck to all!

Interview Questions
    • My pet peeve is when people are late. Would you say you're late a lot?
      Why AT&T and not some other company?
        View Answer
    I didn't negotiate since I got a reasonable offer. I heard pay ranges from $12-16. It all depends on experience. You get more if you're bilingual and have a college degree.