AT&T

Average Difficulty
171 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Interview Details – Went online and applied.
Got an email 2 weeks later to attend an event.
Interviewed with a manager.
Now I'm just waiting (1 week so far).

Interview Question – Asked to pitch a sale. Really easy.   Answer Question

Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2010.

Interview Details – 4 WEEKS

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Basic sales and history of employment questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the 20th

Phone interview on the 27th

1 on 1 interview with DM on March 3rd

Interview w/ Store Manager & ASM on March 3rd ( same day )

Called from Staffing ( on the 4th ) to set up a date to take a Spanish assessment for March 7th ( has nothing to do with hiring, it's just for Salary purposes )

---- AT THIS POINT, I WOULD SAY ITS SAFE TO SAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE OFFERED THE JOB.

--- HR does not call on weekends, so don't expect anything. ----

March 12th - Offered the position explained pay rate, drug test, background check was offered $14.53 + commission

I start training 30 in April ( that's if background check/drug test comes back good - so DO NOT put in your 2 weeks yet. )

Good Luck!

Interview Question – - Which subject would you prefer English or Math
- Tell me about yourself ( 1st question )
- Roleplay ( sell me this paperclip )
- How would you deal with an angry customer

FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS ON SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Happy Customers = More Referrals = More Sales <--- THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't try, satisfied with offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Took 6 months of interviews and call backs

Interview Question – Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in July 2010.

Interview Details – Process wasn't too bad. Applied online. Met with the store manager at the location I applied for. Had a 2nd interview with the the regional manager at the corporate headquaters. Very typical process. After started a one month training course at the corporate headquarters. Completed and started at the retail store I applied to.

Interview Question – Honestly it wasn't too bad. Most question had to do with sales and how proficient I was with technology. Also asked if I liked talking to people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a retail job. There wasn't any negotiations really

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Phone screening, then an interview, then one more and a job offer. Had to take two online assessments as well. The interviews were pretty simple, sales oriented questions. They did not require any sales interaction or trial in store. Just an interview and then a job offer. It was a easy and quick overall process.

Interview Question – None, they were easy questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough money, offered me less than average and would not negotiate.

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2011.

Interview Details – There is a phone interview, then an in-person interview and finally a phone call from one of their HR person. After words you get trained.

Interview Question – If you could be any animal what animal would you be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got an offer at another retailer and decided to take that job instead.

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – was hired originally by a dealer location that was sold off to company and became corporate store. so no opinion.

Port Arthur, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online from AT&T's career's website. Within a few weeks, I received a call from a recruiter who sent information for some online assessments. After that there was an interview with the area's human resource manager. This was your typical job interview. Questions about past experience, overcoming problems, where you think you want to go in the next 5 years. A day later I received a call from the area HR Mgr to set up a store visit. This was not an interview but more a let's see if you fit, this is what we do, situation. Within a couple days, the recruiter called back with an offer.

Interview Question – All the questions during the interview with the area HR Manager were typical interview questions. Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied several times before I got an interview. Interview process was really smooth, easy questions just related to my past experience and customer service experience

Negotiation Details – They just match your previous experience and salary to make a good offer