AT&T

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – Interview was a cyber interview. Recorded questions and timed 2-3 minute responses. The questions were standard questions such as Reasons for joining the At&t company, your values, your strengths, your weaknesses. I was concerned with the audio and when the hiring manager would receive my replies if i recorded my responses properly but upon my phone call shortly after, everything was done properly.

Interview Question – Knowledge of retail or if one had has retail experience before   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – still a full time student and they wanted to employ right away. they mentioned contacting me later again but when they did it was to let me know i was no longer a candidate

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by recruiter, phone interview, in person interview, realistic job preview, offer.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in May 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with recruiter then with hiring manager.

Interview Question – none almost all situational sales questions   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Lengthy hiring process. Took three months to get hired. Phone interview, in person interview, drug screen, background, credit and employment check. general interview questions...make sure you tell them "you like to help people."

Interview Question – They ask average questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, there is not budging on the hourly wage unless you are bi lingual.

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – It's change so much since I've started, but you basically train for about three weeks, while some of that time is in the store you're hired, the other in a trainning location.

Interview Question – Mostly role-playing. Make sure you're confident in sales   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pretty set in stone of what they offer you hourly due to union.

Interview Details – Quick if qualified and non responsive if not qualified

Interview Question – typical interview questions with some situational questions   Answer Question

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

Interview Details – The process was kind of long and drawn out. I first went through a phone interview, on which I was scheduled for another interview with a regional hiring manager. The first and second interviews went well. After the first two interviews they scheduled a "Realistic Job Preview". The job preview/interview went well.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me to sell him a pen.   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in September 2013.

Interview Details – Just completed the first interview for a retail sales rep with the AT&T hiring manager. I enjoyed the thoroughness of the questions and the in-depth explanation of AT&T's expectations. The interview lasted an hour or so. My interviewer was extremely courteous and very well-informed about any questions I asked.

Interview Question – Most difficult question- when was the last time you received negative feedback? how did you respond?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in May 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, interview with store manager and interview with district manager

Interview Question – what is one thing you hate most about yourself   Answer Question

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – The current interview process involves meeting with a member of the HR team. They are looking for sales and customer service experience. Lots of "give me an example of a time when..." They primarily recruit from retail companies that have cellular or electronic sales. Think about challenging sales and customer services situations that you have had and how you overcame them.

Interview Question – The classic what are your three greatest weaknesses. Honestly don't get hung up on oddball questions the good recruiters keep to practical questions. If you flunk always reapply. They always need good sales people.   Answer Question

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!