AT&T Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.5

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Asked a lot about sales techniques. I think they liked how I talked about my experience in conveying value quickly and efficiently to the consumer. Having previous sales experience was probably the most important thing, besides already knowing a couple employees (including the manager).

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for a job here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AT&T (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

Horrible and rude experience with the redhead lady from hell. She doesn't smile, she asks the same typical questions about your sales background and has you sell or teach her something new. If this is the kind of personalities at&t are looking for than there's no way I'd want to be a part of that. By the way, if your hired you get the leftover shifts that people don't want, until you have been there the longest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you overcame a problem with a customer?   1 Answer

Would never have a say on my schedule. All weekends and always closing, no thank you!

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to set up a phone interview with the hr manager in about a week, had the phone interview about 3 days later. This was followed by a call about five days later to set up an interview with the area manager which I had the following day. He asked me if I had a store preference and said he'd talk to the hr manager about where they wanted to put me. Got a call two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel more comfortable working in a commission based workplace?   Answer Question
    • How do you react when someone who doesn't understand new technology needs assistance?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of the most rememberable belligerent you dealt with, how did you handle it? How did it make you feel?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, got the offer and took it.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

first you go thru the online process and take an aptitude test. Once you pass it you will get a phone interview. After that you will be contacted by email by the regional hiring manager. She/He will schedule an interview on the store that is closest to the location you applied for.

Interview Questions

• The question about irate customers. What will you do with one?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Kansas City, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

Took a long time to get back call for interview. Now I am waiting for a call for 2nd interview which they said could take a few weeks. Initially, I had to call to find out what the hold up was about. Anyhow, I'm needing a job bad now but have it continue to wait.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a difficult situation with a customer and what was the turn out?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interview was a cyber interview. Recorded questions and timed 2-3 minute responses. The questions were standard questions such as Reasons for joining the At&t company, your values, your strengths, your weaknesses. I was concerned with the audio and when the hiring manager would receive my replies if i recorded my responses properly but upon my phone call shortly after, everything was done properly.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of retail or if one had has retail experience before   Answer Question

still a full time student and they wanted to employ right away. they mentioned contacting me later again but when they did it was to let me know i was no longer a candidate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Lengthy hiring process. Took three months to get hired. Phone interview, in person interview, drug screen, background, credit and employment check. general interview questions...make sure you tell them "you like to help people."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, there is not budging on the hourly wage unless you are bi lingual.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

It's change so much since I've started, but you basically train for about three weeks, while some of that time is in the store you're hired, the other in a trainning location.

Interview Questions

• Mostly role-playing. Make sure you're confident in sales   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pretty set in stone of what they offer you hourly due to union.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Quick if qualified and non responsive if not qualified

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions with some situational questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T (Memphis, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

Just completed the first interview for a retail sales rep with the AT&T hiring manager. I enjoyed the thoroughness of the questions and the in-depth explanation of AT&T's expectations. The interview lasted an hour or so. My interviewer was extremely courteous and very well-informed about any questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question- when was the last time you received negative feedback? how did you respond?   Answer Question