AT&T Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Honolulu, HI) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from the regional HR manager and scheduled a phone interview for the next day. I was so nervous but she made me feel calm and was very thorough throughout the process. She asked behavioral and personality questions. Easy stuff, but be prepared and study. Know the history of this company and the job description you are applying for. Try to sell yourself and convince them that you deserve the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Rochester, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview office location was quite difficult to find, interview room was probably 80 degrees. Sat with interviewer and listened for 10 minutes to a clear and concise description of her background and an explanation of the entire on-boarding process for AT&T. Was told that I would not have a choice in choosing job location, could be anywhere in greater Rochester area. Would have to travel during on-boarding process as far as Boston or NYC with expenses paid. Really not a great flow, didn't seem like a conversation just various random questions and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an interaction with a customer who was upset with the service you provided   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was easy process. Applied one time for position. Interview question were very easy. Was able to apply my previous skills the the interview questions that were asked. Also completed a basic knowledge test on computer and that had basic math and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes the process was easy. I also started at a lower per hour and a temp. After 6 months I was hired permanent and received a $7.00 pay increase.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

You have to take an assessment test. If you pass the test then you interview with one of the managers that ask you the basic questions like why should we hire you or what made you choose to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• There is not really a difficult question just the basic when interviewing for a job. They don't go by the star method, but this would be good because the question is similar if you know this method you should have no problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation you start out at base pay and work your way up.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Basic questions on sales and tech, lots of questions about sales experience, not as much of what to expect in the job description as everything is a case by case, customer by customer basis. However, it was enjoyable

Anonymous Employee in Duncanville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Duncanville, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I simply came in about the job opening and filled out the application then interviewed about a week later. From there I came in About 2 weeks later, and I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you to work at our store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non - negotiable. Everyone gets paid the same base minimum wage, but commission is made by the employee.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Typically, there is classroom training for 2 months, then 2 more of incubation. In incubation you are actually performing the job but under close supervision. I received an email telling me I had been turned down for a job, and then a week later received instructions wanting me to take a pee test. Weird.

Interview Questions

• At the time the questions came from HR, not the interviewer. The decision is then made by HR, not the interviewer. It's based on the answers they wrote down that you gave them. The interviewer in this situation really just acts as a secretary.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

The process in not too difficult at all but , it can be a while before you hear from them after filling out an application, so be patient. They give personality test , test communication skills background check etc. I advise to go well dressed , not over dress and be prepared. Your ability to read and follow instructions will be necessary and ask questions if you have any doubts or aren't clear.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

one interview with several follow ups

Interview Questions

• explain a situation where you had to think on your feet   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Hartford, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

Took several weeks, 3-4. !st interview was a telephone with a corporate recruiter, just asking basics... can I stand for 8 hrs a day, am i comfortable assisting customers, basic stuff that if you are truly interested in retail you already qualify for.. mad me wonder what kind of riff raff they are weeding out! (I am a 15 year seasoned retail manager) 2nd interview was at a corporate office with an HR person, we chit chatted mostly, he was testing my interpersonal skills I supposed. The last interview was with a district manager, she asked the usual questions expected but then started asking me management interview questions (how to deal with employee conflict, training methods etc) and I was confused becasue i was expecting a sales associate interview! But i got through and she said she was considering me to progress very quickly in the company. Next I was contacted with a offer... a GREAT one too! and told I needed a background check and drug test... sadly I am also a drug charged felon and was denied the position becasue it was 7.5 yrs ago and they require at least 8 years past of clean record :( it would have been GREAT if I had known that earlier... why fall in love with me and have 3 stores fighting to have me only to deny me becasue of my past transgressions? :(

Interview Questions

more like i got an offer than they declined me on my criminal record