AT&T

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Typically, there is classroom training for 2 months, then 2 more of incubation. In incubation you are actually performing the job but under close supervision. I received an email telling me I had been turned down for a job, and then a week later received instructions wanting me to take a pee test. Weird.

Interview Question – At the time the questions came from HR, not the interviewer. The decision is then made by HR, not the interviewer. It's based on the answers they wrote down that you gave them. The interviewer in this situation really just acts as a secretary.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was similar to all others . Human resources were not the brightest of the bunch and because they get money from the government for hiring certain types of people they will hire knowing the majority dont make it out of training class

Negotiation Details – You are not able to negotiate as it is union

Toms River, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2011.

Interview Details – The process took about a month. It starts off with a phone screening followed by an online personality assessment. Its one of those agree, disagree, type deals. It asks how you would feel towards different situations you'll encounter in the job. Then you're called in for a small group interview at the store. They'll ask your typical customer service questions along with role playing a sales scenarios. When you do the role playing part for this, there is one very important thing to remember:

After your small talk/greeting, product or service information, make sure to ask for the sale!

Interview Question – In your past experience, do you believe management provided the best and most timely information or training?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Convince them your background in Sales is good enough and they'll bump up your hourly a few dollars. The commission rate won't change.

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions pertaining to social decision-making.

Interview Question – Fairly straightforward and predictable. Zealous managers may ask specific questions pertaining to past incidents that may have uniquely desirable answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted proposed compensation.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview and in-person interview with manager. Pretty routine questions.

Interview Question – Tell me what would you bring to this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiable within reason but i've heard that has changed, not sure.

Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in October 2013.

Interview Details – Took several weeks, 3-4. !st interview was a telephone with a corporate recruiter, just asking basics... can I stand for 8 hrs a day, am i comfortable assisting customers, basic stuff that if you are truly interested in retail you already qualify for.. mad me wonder what kind of riff raff they are weeding out! (I am a 15 year seasoned retail manager) 2nd interview was at a corporate office with an HR person, we chit chatted mostly, he was testing my interpersonal skills I supposed. The last interview was with a district manager, she asked the usual questions expected but then started asking me management interview questions (how to deal with employee conflict, training methods etc) and I was confused becasue i was expecting a sales associate interview! But i got through and she said she was considering me to progress very quickly in the company. Next I was contacted with a offer... a GREAT one too! and told I needed a background check and drug test... sadly I am also a drug charged felon and was denied the position becasue it was 7.5 yrs ago and they require at least 8 years past of clean record :( it would have been GREAT if I had known that earlier... why fall in love with me and have 3 stores fighting to have me only to deny me becasue of my past transgressions? :(

Interview Question – Why is att better than verizon   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – more like i got an offer than they declined me on my criminal record

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – The process in not too difficult at all but , it can be a while before you hear from them after filling out an application, so be patient. They give personality test , test communication skills background check etc. I advise to go well dressed , not over dress and be prepared. Your ability to read and follow instructions will be necessary and ask questions if you have any doubts or aren't clear.

Interview Question – I honestly don't recall a truly difficult question.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in March 2010.

Interview Details – very well trained HR staff

Interview Question – are you willing to travel if needed.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – one interview with several follow ups

Interview Question – explain a situation where you had to think on your feet   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was easy they just want great sellers

Interview Question – Asking about the worse customer experience   Answer Question

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!