AT&T

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Consultant

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in February 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online and receive an email that the application was received! set up phone a psychology exam; if you did well a phone interview would be scheduled followed by an in person or group interview. If chosen, you will have to pass a drug test

Louisville, KY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

Interview Details – This was a long process. I think it was about 3 to 6 months total. Once you apply you are contacted by their HR and all your background checks, exact dates of employment and things of that nature. The back and forth with HR is the longest part. Once they've got that info, you receive a call asking if you can go to a facility, that day, for your drug test. Once you pass all that, then you are ready for your actual interview at your work location. I think my interview lasted about an hour. If that goes well, the person you interviewed with at the job location, will give HR the "OK" and then HR gives you the good news. Finally you are given a date in which you start your 12 week training.

Interview Question – Can you handle angry customers all day, every day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said we would like to offer you a position with our company. Be here at this time on this date to begin your training. I said OK.

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in October 2010.

Interview Details – My hiring process was a phone interview about my work experience and how I have handled customers in those positions. Questions like how have you handled a difficult customer? Tell me a time you had a problem with your manager? 2nd interview was with the HR hiring person. 3rd interview was at the store location with the store manager. After that and the background check I got an email from the 1st interviewer with pay information, training information and when to go to the store to start work. Took about a month for the entire process

Interview Question – Name a time when you could not satisfy a customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get an email with the hourly then the commission is up to how well you do your job

Sales Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Apply online then they will call u for a interview. Then u will go to training.

Interview Question – Pretty easy basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

Interview Details – One on one and a hot, tiny room. He had generic questions to ask like always.

Interview Question – What is your best quality. Whenever I answered the question he questioned me on it.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate. So, my process and experience will be different from someone coming in from the outside. Once the offer was made, the leadership team did not want to release me, so they told the hiring manager that he would have to wait for 90 days in an attempt to deny my promotion. Despite the long wait, I did get the position.

Interview Question – Most of the interview questions were straight forward and not of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

Interview Details – This a very long and arduous process. The background check through hire rite is beyond extensive. The face to face interview itself was not that hard. You are told to try and sell products to the interviewer.

Interview Question – Why did your previous employer say you were too competitive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just came back with a salary, no negotiation

Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – Once you submit your resume via the AT&T Careers website, your resume is forwarded to Human Resources for review. Once they have indicated you may be a good fit, they contact the specific stores in which you applied. The Store Manager then contacts you for an interview.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions. Just typical questions for retail sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for AT&T about 8 months before. I received an Email telling me to call for an phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked some questions about how my past work experience will help me at AT&T. At the end of the phone interview, she then scheduled me for an 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 interview consisted of questions like why did you choose to apply for AT&T, describe a time you wish you handled a situation at work differently and other similar questions. I was also asked to sell them an item. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear from them in the next couple of days if they choose to schedule a 2nd interview. I thought the interview went well, I felt like I answered all the questions correctly and got a good vibe both managers who was in the room that they liked what they was hearing. Howeverly I did not recieve a call back and went online to check my job status and seen that they had choosen somebody else. A few people have told me that its pretty difficult to get hired unless you know somebody who works for the company. Idk how true it is but after what I thought was a good interview on my behalf, I can certainly believe it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have to show extra emotional support for a coworker.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when your work was critized and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in August 2011.

Interview Details – Well it pretty much goes like all the other postings around this website. A phone interview, personality test, and then 1 on 1 interview.

The interview is pretty basic and easy when you actually apply for it and get all the way to the actual interview. The only problem was that I had previously worked at a store and I was coming back to work for the company after a year. Everything was clear up my backgrounds, re hire status, etc.. The only problem that I had about this position was that I was interviewing for a full time position rather than a part time. Which in order to be a EOE a company must interview outside candidates for any job posting. Which in my situation I was interviewing with a current PT employee who was already working at the store. So obviously I didn't get the position because it make no sense to hire someone, train them, and assimilate them with a new team. I just thought it was straight up waste of time, effort, and money to have gone through the whole process. So I'm pretty much going to tell you about the position and the company because I'm never going to work at this company ever again nor waste my time ever applying to a position even if its that last job on earth.

1. Expect to work Retail hours and have no life. Why?. they over work everybody and they don't necessarily care because they have a high turnover for this position. 110 hr every 2 weeks is normal.

2. Expect to never grow or move up unless your planning on working for the company for 6 plus years. Every position is based on seniority doesn't matter if you nail the interview to move to another position.

3. They have a union which pretty much makes every thing worse. You have lousy, unmotivated, uneducated, bitter people that you will have to work with. Could benefit you could not depends on the store. If you are in a HIT store basically don't apply unless you can speak fluent Spanish. Remember its SALES!

4. The company has horrible benefits especially for PT workers. Pretty much all of your paycheck goes to cover those costs if you have kids forget about it. Plus you are commission which is taxed by uncle sam like crazy!. But you make 16-18 and hour depending on your location. Also you have to pay the Union. Which helps out allot especially if you have douche bag Managers who write you up for being 5 mins late.

5. You have point system which is 5 points and termination after. They are removed 6 months after the actual date you were late. 1 point for not showing up or being 30+ minutes late. Basically don't show up to work if your an hour late.

So if you are a looking for a job you think the above stuff is ok with you then apply. I just think that its my duty to make sure you guys have an idea of what your getting yourself into. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!