AT&T

Updated Aug 1, 2014

2.9

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Manager was an hour late to interview. I was offered a position and didn't accept bc of this treatment. The interviewer didn't have any eye contact or want to be conversational during the process. He sped through it.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you had to overcome a difficult task and did so successfully. Explain the steps   Answer Question

They just want warm bodies. I was treated as a number during the interviewing process. Person interviewing me was an hour late. They have some crazy base pay plus commission - base pay. I want a percentage of what I sell

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in February 2011.

Apply online and receive an email that the application was received! set up phone a psychology exam; if you did well a phone interview would be scheduled followed by an in person or group interview. If chosen, you will have to pass a drug test

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

This was a long process. I think it was about 3 to 6 months total. Once you apply you are contacted by their HR and all your background checks, exact dates of employment and things of that nature. The back and forth with HR is the longest part. Once they've got that info, you receive a call asking if you can go to a facility, that day, for your drug test. Once you pass all that, then you are ready for your actual interview at your work location. I think my interview lasted about an hour. If that goes well, the person you interviewed with at the job location, will give HR the "OK" and then HR gives you the good news. Finally you are given a date in which you start your 12 week training.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle angry customers all day, every day?   View Answer
    They said we would like to offer you a position with our company. Be here at this time on this date to begin your training. I said OK.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in October 2010.

My hiring process was a phone interview about my work experience and how I have handled customers in those positions. Questions like how have you handled a difficult customer? Tell me a time you had a problem with your manager? 2nd interview was with the HR hiring person. 3rd interview was at the store location with the store manager. After that and the background check I got an email from the 1st interviewer with pay information, training information and when to go to the store to start work. Took about a month for the entire process

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you could not satisfy a customer   View Answer
    No negotiation. You get an email with the hourly then the commission is up to how well you do your job

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

Apply online then they will call u for a interview. Then u will go to training.

Pretty easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

One on one and a hot, tiny room. He had generic questions to ask like always.

Interview Questions
    • What is your best quality. Whenever I answered the question he questioned me on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2009.

I was an internal candidate. So, my process and experience will be different from someone coming in from the outside. Once the offer was made, the leadership team did not want to release me, so they told the hiring manager that he would have to wait for 90 days in an attempt to deny my promotion. Despite the long wait, I did get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview questions were straight forward and not of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

This a very long and arduous process. The background check through hire rite is beyond extensive. The face to face interview itself was not that hard. You are told to try and sell products to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Why did your previous employer say you were too competitive.   Answer Question
    They just came back with a salary, no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 months - interviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

I applied for AT&T about 8 months before. I received an Email telling me to call for an phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked some questions about how my past work experience will help me at AT&T. At the end of the phone interview, she then scheduled me for an 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 interview consisted of questions like why did you choose to apply for AT&T, describe a time you wish you handled a situation at work differently and other similar questions. I was also asked to sell them an item. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear from them in the next couple of days if they choose to schedule a 2nd interview. I thought the interview went well, I felt like I answered all the questions correctly and got a good vibe both managers who was in the room that they liked what they was hearing. Howeverly I did not recieve a call back and went online to check my job status and seen that they had choosen somebody else. A few people have told me that its pretty difficult to get hired unless you know somebody who works for the company. Idk how true it is but after what I thought was a good interview on my behalf, I can certainly believe it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you have to show extra emotional support for a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your work was critized and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in August 2011.

Well it pretty much goes like all the other postings around this website. A phone interview, personality test, and then 1 on 1 interview.

The interview is pretty basic and easy when you actually apply for it and get all the way to the actual interview. The only problem was that I had previously worked at a store and I was coming back to work for the company after a year. Everything was clear up my backgrounds, re hire status, etc.. The only problem that I had about this position was that I was interviewing for a full time position rather than a part time. Which in order to be a EOE a company must interview outside candidates for any job posting. Which in my situation I was interviewing with a current PT employee who was already working at the store. So obviously I didn't get the position because it make no sense to hire someone, train them, and assimilate them with a new team. I just thought it was straight up waste of time, effort, and money to have gone through the whole process. So I'm pretty much going to tell you about the position and the company because I'm never going to work at this company ever again nor waste my time ever applying to a position even if its that last job on earth.

1. Expect to work Retail hours and have no life. Why?. they over work everybody and they don't necessarily care because they have a high turnover for this position. 110 hr every 2 weeks is normal.

2. Expect to never grow or move up unless your planning on working for the company for 6 plus years. Every position is based on seniority doesn't matter if you nail the interview to move to another position.

3. They have a union which pretty much makes every thing worse. You have lousy, unmotivated, uneducated, bitter people that you will have to work with. Could benefit you could not depends on the store. If you are in a HIT store basically don't apply unless you can speak fluent Spanish. Remember its SALES!

4. The company has horrible benefits especially for PT workers. Pretty much all of your paycheck goes to cover those costs if you have kids forget about it. Plus you are commission which is taxed by uncle sam like crazy!. But you make 16-18 and hour depending on your location. Also you have to pay the Union. Which helps out allot especially if you have douche bag Managers who write you up for being 5 mins late.

5. You have point system which is 5 points and termination after. They are removed 6 months after the actual date you were late. 1 point for not showing up or being 30+ minutes late. Basically don't show up to work if your an hour late.

So if you are a looking for a job you think the above stuff is ok with you then apply. I just think that its my duty to make sure you guys have an idea of what your getting yourself into. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!