AT&T

Updated Nov 8, 2014

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter about a month later. I did the required drug test and started training 2 weeks later. The interview was conversational; she wanted to see how well I could communicate with customers.

Interview Questions
  • How would you react to an angry customers in a way that would make them responsive to a sales proposal afterwards?   Answer Question
The negotiation was pretty rigid; I was told that I could make additional compensation based on performance

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

The interview and hiring process at AT& T is a very good and selective process. The job requires someone that has good math, sales skills and a very fluid on the go. The first set of tests is designed to weed out those who are not very computer literate. It will also determine the level of professionalism and which a person handles customer service situations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to overcome a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

I applied directly through att.com Sept. 1, received test invite Sept. 9. Took and passed the Employment Inventory (EI) & Call Center Audition (CC Audition) on Sept. 13. Went to Interview on Sept. 29. Interview followed a S.T.A.R. (Situation, Task, Action, and Result) method. The interview consisted of questions from a set list of questions. This was not a traditional interview, so make sure you prepare yourself with clear, concise, answers that are straight to the point. Interview covered Customer service, & sales related questions. Interview also included a roll play segment.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had to persuade other people to take action.   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Manager was an hour late to interview. I was offered a position and didn't accept bc of this treatment. The interviewer didn't have any eye contact or want to be conversational during the process. He sped through it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to overcome a difficult task and did so successfully. Explain the steps   Answer Question

They just want warm bodies. I was treated as a number during the interviewing process. Person interviewing me was an hour late. They have some crazy base pay plus commission - base pay. I want a percentage of what I sell

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Apply online then they will call u for a interview. Then u will go to training.

Pretty easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

One on one and a hot, tiny room. He had generic questions to ask like always.

Interview Questions
    • What is your best quality. Whenever I answered the question he questioned me on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

This a very long and arduous process. The background check through hire rite is beyond extensive. The face to face interview itself was not that hard. You are told to try and sell products to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Why did your previous employer say you were too competitive.   Answer Question
    They just came back with a salary, no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

I applied for AT&T about 8 months before. I received an Email telling me to call for an phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked some questions about how my past work experience will help me at AT&T. At the end of the phone interview, she then scheduled me for an 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 interview consisted of questions like why did you choose to apply for AT&T, describe a time you wish you handled a situation at work differently and other similar questions. I was also asked to sell them an item. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear from them in the next couple of days if they choose to schedule a 2nd interview. I thought the interview went well, I felt like I answered all the questions correctly and got a good vibe both managers who was in the room that they liked what they was hearing. Howeverly I did not recieve a call back and went online to check my job status and seen that they had choosen somebody else. A few people have told me that its pretty difficult to get hired unless you know somebody who works for the company. Idk how true it is but after what I thought was a good interview on my behalf, I can certainly believe it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you have to show extra emotional support for a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your work was critized and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in August 2011.

Well it pretty much goes like all the other postings around this website. A phone interview, personality test, and then 1 on 1 interview.

The interview is pretty basic and easy when you actually apply for it and get all the way to the actual interview. The only problem was that I had previously worked at a store and I was coming back to work for the company after a year. Everything was clear up my backgrounds, re hire status, etc.. The only problem that I had about this position was that I was interviewing for a full time position rather than a part time. Which in order to be a EOE a company must interview outside candidates for any job posting. Which in my situation I was interviewing with a current PT employee who was already working at the store. So obviously I didn't get the position because it make no sense to hire someone, train them, and assimilate them with a new team. I just thought it was straight up waste of time, effort, and money to have gone through the whole process. So I'm pretty much going to tell you about the position and the company because I'm never going to work at this company ever again nor waste my time ever applying to a position even if its that last job on earth.

1. Expect to work Retail hours and have no life. Why?. they over work everybody and they don't necessarily care because they have a high turnover for this position. 110 hr every 2 weeks is normal.

2. Expect to never grow or move up unless your planning on working for the company for 6 plus years. Every position is based on seniority doesn't matter if you nail the interview to move to another position.

3. They have a union which pretty much makes every thing worse. You have lousy, unmotivated, uneducated, bitter people that you will have to work with. Could benefit you could not depends on the store. If you are in a HIT store basically don't apply unless you can speak fluent Spanish. Remember its SALES!

4. The company has horrible benefits especially for PT workers. Pretty much all of your paycheck goes to cover those costs if you have kids forget about it. Plus you are commission which is taxed by uncle sam like crazy!. But you make 16-18 and hour depending on your location. Also you have to pay the Union. Which helps out allot especially if you have douche bag Managers who write you up for being 5 mins late.

5. You have point system which is 5 points and termination after. They are removed 6 months after the actual date you were late. 1 point for not showing up or being 30+ minutes late. Basically don't show up to work if your an hour late.

So if you are a looking for a job you think the above stuff is ok with you then apply. I just think that its my duty to make sure you guys have an idea of what your getting yourself into. Hope this helps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedartown, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedartown, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in June 2011.

Filled out online application,yhe next morning had a email stating I was set up to do testing the next week to foward my name and the email back to them.went in tested passed and2 months later received a call to come back in for a facve 2 face interveiw thats were I stand atm.