AT&T Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.9

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

It went by pretty quick. After I applied online the process took 2 weeks until I took my assessment test. Then they scheduled me for an in-person interview 1 week after I took my test. The interview was straight forward. 10 questions (customer service related/sales related). Basically the typical what would you do in certain situation type questions. Then we did some role playing. Basically he was playing the customer and I was the representative and I'm suppose to make a sale to the customer. The interview was about 45 mins long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I liked everything from start to finish a very interactive process.They pretty much went through how your typical day would be.I had a panel of two interviewers and they all took turns in asking me questions.At one point a senior manager walked in and also had some questions for me.I was also asked to do some role plays and also sale a cable tv to some one who has never heard of it.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter about a month later. I did the required drug test and started training 2 weeks later. The interview was conversational; she wanted to see how well I could communicate with customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an angry customers in a way that would make them responsive to a sales proposal afterwards?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was pretty rigid; I was told that I could make additional compensation based on performance

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

The interview and hiring process at AT& T is a very good and selective process. The job requires someone that has good math, sales skills and a very fluid on the go. The first set of tests is designed to weed out those who are not very computer literate. It will also determine the level of professionalism and which a person handles customer service situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to overcome a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Miramar, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied directly through att.com Sept. 1, received test invite Sept. 9. Took and passed the Employment Inventory (EI) & Call Center Audition (CC Audition) on Sept. 13. Went to Interview on Sept. 29. Interview followed a S.T.A.R. (Situation, Task, Action, and Result) method. The interview consisted of questions from a set list of questions. This was not a traditional interview, so make sure you prepare yourself with clear, concise, answers that are straight to the point. Interview covered Customer service, & sales related questions. Interview also included a roll play segment.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to persuade other people to take action.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview

Manager was an hour late to interview. I was offered a position and didn't accept bc of this treatment. The interviewer didn't have any eye contact or want to be conversational during the process. He sped through it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome a difficult task and did so successfully. Explain the steps   Answer Question

They just want warm bodies. I was treated as a number during the interviewing process. Person interviewing me was an hour late. They have some crazy base pay plus commission - base pay. I want a percentage of what I sell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T (Columbia, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

asked situational questions such as tell me a situation when you did xyz and what was the outcome. consisted of a phone interview, then a interview via skype, and then an interview with the store manager. Took about 7 days to get a reply back from HR

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Apply online then they will call u for a interview. Then u will go to training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AT&T (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

One on one and a hot, tiny room. He had generic questions to ask like always.

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality. Whenever I answered the question he questioned me on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

This a very long and arduous process. The background check through hire rite is beyond extensive. The face to face interview itself was not that hard. You are told to try and sell products to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Why did your previous employer say you were too competitive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just came back with a salary, no negotiation