AT&T

16 interviews

2.5

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Support Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

The hiring process for me started about 2 weeks after I submitted my application. I was then i was contacted by hiring manager to conduct 1st interview in corporate location in NYC, NY. After interview, I was later contacted within 3 days for second interview, with the stores area retail sales manager. I was later in the rest of the hiring process which consisted of drug test and recent employment background check.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question I would have to say was " Can you deal with people? Because they can be a handful"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Sales Support Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2012.

Getting on with AT&T is hard! First you'll be contacted by a hiring recruiter, who will ask you a few questions and basically see if you qualify for the job and are you still interested. Next, you'll be contacted by a Staffing Manager who will be responsible for your entire journey through hiring. He or she will set up your interview to meeting with a Centralized Hiring Manager, who will interview you face to face. If everything went well, you'll be sent to the appropriate store location for a small interview with the store manager and assistant manager. If chosen, you'll be contacted again by the Staffing Manager in order to run background, drug test, criminal background, past employer verification, etc. Upon successful completion, you will be scheduled for training which varies according to the position. After training, you're placed in your store and from there it's good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a moment when you had to deal with an irate customer, what was the issue and how did you solve and what was the resolution?   View Answer
    I didn't have to negotiate anything. I was very pleased with what was offered.

Sales Support Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

Interview process was very lengthy. It took about a month and a half to get hired. Received an email after I submitted all of my information (resume, etc) and it took about a week after that to get a response from a recruiter. She called and texted me, which was refreshing. We set up an interview with the district recruiter and i passed that one. After that, there was an "interview" with the sales manager but it was more about job expectations than an actual interview. The background check took about 2-3 weeks to clear.

Interview Questions
    • Question at the 2nd interview: tell us about yourself   View Answer
    salary, i got more as a bilingual speaker.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2014.

I applied online and took the online assessment with a lot of questions, mostly personality ones. I was called by an AT&T staffing recruiter the next day to set up an interview with the central hiring manager for the region. It was going to be a phone interview but his office was located close enough to me that they wanted to do an in-person interview. The interview was fairly easy. He just looked over my résumé and asked questions about my work and school experience and goals to make sure I was a good fit for the company and the position. He then told me he would be forwarding my information to the store manager for the store I applied to and to expect a call from him soon. The store manager called me two days later and set up an in person interview at the store. That interview was also fairly easy. He asked a few situational questions and explained a little about the primary responsibilities of the position. He said he had a few more interviews to do but was very impressed by me and would hear back by the beginning of the next week with a decision. A few days later I received an email from AT&T staffing asking for social security and tax information. I completed it and the store manager called me the following day saying they were going to extend me an offer. The AT&T staffing person called me later that day with the details of my offer and I verbally accepted. I was then emailed a new hire packet to complete, background check to fill out, and instructions for a drug screen to be completed within 48 hours. A few days later after background check and drug test results came back clean, I was contacted by AT&T staffing to confirm a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time someone wanted you to bend the rules and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you got frustrated at work and what you did to handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they just give you a number and you can accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Lengthy, but it really depends on the needs of the company. I lucked up and had only one phone interview, followed by a one on one with an ASM at the corporate office. I ended up working for the person that hired me as well.
    You start by applying online, then you will get contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview. If you meet expectations, you will be scheduled an official interview. Usually, you have one interview, then another, during which you will shadow on sight and see if you fit in the work environment.
    You are notified by the recruiter if you are offered or declined a position within the company. There will be a dollar amount given that is non-negotiable as well. Be sure to ask for as much money as you think you deserve on the initial apps. AT&T will only give what is required.

Interview Questions
    • All questions pertained to working in retail...what would you do if? What do you think about? Oh! And the favorite!!- Where do you see yourself in the next 10yrs.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Phone call, then emailed new hire packet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in May 2011.

Phone interview,Job Fair (one on one's with 3-4 different managers from all over the country,Background and Drug Test,Training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in March 2013.

I applied in September 2012 and and had my first interview at Plaza Bonita. First was a phone interview, then and interview with the hiring manager, and lastly I had an interview with management. Felt that I had a great chance but because I did not pass the Spanish test, my application was put into the good pool and I got another offer for a group interview in January 2013. The group interview took place late February, the first was informational and I had another 2 weeks later in a room were several management was interviewing others at the same time. Then about 2 weeks later I had an interview with the management. Luckily the district manager was there at the time so I did not have to go through yet another interview with them. Alast, I was favored more by the district manager than the store manager and got the position!

Interview Questions
    Long, but was always in contact with the hiring manager who was very kind.

Sales Support Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Pretty much behavioral focuses on customer experience a lot. Be ready to talk about yourself and going through your resume. Call backs are usually within 2 weeks and of course the mandatory background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to ask someone to do something three times and they still did not do what you asked? What did you end up doing.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, union determined pay

Sales Support Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AT&T.

The hiring process is a bit long (for me it took 3 months) so try to keep that in mind. With the interview try to be as confident as possible and stress your passion for sales (since AT&T is revolved around sales) and the importance of exceptional customer service. They utilize the STAR method for interviews as well so there aren't too many surprises. Good luck

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AT&T in June 2012.

I received a phone call from a hiring manager on a Saturday. We spoke for about 15 minutes mostly about myself and my relevant experiences. She offered to schedule a second interview with the district hiring manager, which occurred 10 days later at the Hurst store. I arrived at the store at around 8:30a and it was just the gentleman there. He opened the door for me and we went to a back office. I handed him my resume and materials after he offered me a seat. During this interview, he went through my resume and then asked me several personality questions and What-if's. Also asked "Name a time when..." This was pretty straight forward and lasted about 35 minutes. Soon after he explained the process going forward. He did tell me that usually there is a third interview, but that he really liked my interview so he went and scheduled the drug test for me!

Interview Questions
    • Name and explain a time when you had to make a decision that was unpopular.   Answer Question
    They allow you to negotiate your base pay based on your experiences. I didn't have much room to negotiate since this was my first major job.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!