AT&T Sales Support Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.4

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out an online app, interviewed with one manager that was more of a legit interview, then met with a second manager on a different day to see how well I'd mesh with the team. Then completed background check & drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Originally offered less than what I really wanted, but after providing more work experience on my online AT&T profile they bumped up my wage.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

There was a two part interview. I met with the hiring manager first and before I left she set up an interview with the store manager. The interview went smooth and I felt confident however the interview was done in Feb and I have not heard anything back, it is now the end of march. The website still says waiting HR review (that was last updated Feb 4).

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

It took forever to get a response back. Went for testing and was approved, call back for interview and was rejected by email. Horrible choice of interviewer who kept asking questions that made no sense relative to the position. The interviewer had a thick accent and I had to have her repeat a few questions. She was not friendly at all. I don't see how she was working for a company such as AT&T.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

First there was an assessment online then a phone interview and then I interviewed with three different managers. I spoke to a regional manager and he forwarded my resume to two other store managers. One of those store managers was extremely rude he didn't even look at my face when interviewing the other one which offerred me the position was a lot more friendly he seemed to be going based of a sheet.
    *basically be super upbeat, friendly and smile a lot that's what they're looking for someone who is upbeat and friendly

Interview Questions

• Why AT&T?
      How does your previous experience apply to Att?
      Role play scenario with an angry customer

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

Filled out online application which was fairly easy. Received a call from the recruiter a couple hours later. scheduled interview then was referred to store manager. Store manager interview was then scheduled. 2 days later i received a call stating i was chosen and would need to take a drug test and pass background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

The hiring process for me started about 2 weeks after I submitted my application. I was then i was contacted by hiring manager to conduct 1st interview in corporate location in NYC, NY. After interview, I was later contacted within 3 days for second interview, with the stores area retail sales manager. I was later in the rest of the hiring process which consisted of drug test and recent employment background check.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I would have to say was " Can you deal with people? Because they can be a handful"   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX).

Interview

Lengthy, but it really depends on the needs of the company. I lucked up and had only one phone interview, followed by a one on one with an ASM at the corporate office. I ended up working for the person that hired me as well.
    You start by applying online, then you will get contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview. If you meet expectations, you will be scheduled an official interview. Usually, you have one interview, then another, during which you will shadow on sight and see if you fit in the work environment.
    You are notified by the recruiter if you are offered or declined a position within the company. There will be a dollar amount given that is non-negotiable as well. Be sure to ask for as much money as you think you deserve on the initial apps. AT&T will only give what is required.

Interview Questions

• All questions pertained to working in retail...what would you do if? What do you think about? Oh! And the favorite!!- Where do you see yourself in the next 10yrs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Phone call, then emailed new hire packet.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Lakewood, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and took the online assessment with a lot of questions, mostly personality ones. I was called by an AT&T staffing recruiter the next day to set up an interview with the central hiring manager for the region. It was going to be a phone interview but his office was located close enough to me that they wanted to do an in-person interview. The interview was fairly easy. He just looked over my résumé and asked questions about my work and school experience and goals to make sure I was a good fit for the company and the position. He then told me he would be forwarding my information to the store manager for the store I applied to and to expect a call from him soon. The store manager called me two days later and set up an in person interview at the store. That interview was also fairly easy. He asked a few situational questions and explained a little about the primary responsibilities of the position. He said he had a few more interviews to do but was very impressed by me and would hear back by the beginning of the next week with a decision. A few days later I received an email from AT&T staffing asking for social security and tax information. I completed it and the store manager called me the following day saying they were going to extend me an offer. The AT&T staffing person called me later that day with the details of my offer and I verbally accepted. I was then emailed a new hire packet to complete, background check to fill out, and instructions for a drug screen to be completed within 48 hours. A few days later after background check and drug test results came back clean, I was contacted by AT&T staffing to confirm a start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time someone wanted you to bend the rules and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you got frustrated at work and what you did to handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they just give you a number and you can accept.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very lengthy. It took about a month and a half to get hired. Received an email after I submitted all of my information (resume, etc) and it took about a week after that to get a response from a recruiter. She called and texted me, which was refreshing. We set up an interview with the district recruiter and i passed that one. After that, there was an "interview" with the sales manager but it was more about job expectations than an actual interview. The background check took about 2-3 weeks to clear.

Interview Questions

• Question at the 2nd interview: tell us about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary, i got more as a bilingual speaker.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Pretty much behavioral focuses on customer experience a lot. Be ready to talk about yourself and going through your resume. Call backs are usually within 2 weeks and of course the mandatory background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to ask someone to do something three times and they still did not do what you asked? What did you end up doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, union determined pay