AT&T

2.7

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

I was called for an interview at San Ramon but I lived in Vallejo. I had to decline the interview schedule because of far travel distance from my home. But I had a phone interview prior to my face interview. The guy from AT&T ask me if I was interested and I said yes. After that, he had asked me a various questions like if I'll be willing to be trained outside location and to be shouldered by AT&T, willing to work long hours of standing, work on late hours, work without accommodation and some other practical questions.

Then I realized after I ask my wife that the place I'm applying was far from my home. The salary will not cover most of my expenses (toll, gas, rent, food & etc.) So I have to decline the interview.

Note, after a week, AT&T still emailed me if I'm still interested in AT&T San Ramon. I didn't bother to reply back.

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

Applies for the position online, about two weeks later I received an invitation to take a qualification test in Oakland about a week and a half later. I passed the test and a week later I received an email inviting me to their "Realistic Job Screening" and interview. I went to the screening/interview and felt very good about it. Unfortunately I received an email the following week stating that the position went to someone more qualified.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly straight forward. As long as you have confidence in your answers, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in April 2013.

Got interview through connection at company. Made plans to talk over the phone for 10 minutes to send in resume and go online to email in my experience.

Took online background information and it was in the works.

Interview Questions
    • All were pretty standard. Need to know how to work really fast and re-act to questions. Greatcompnay to go work for. Questions was. What systems do you know of and how do they work.   View Answer
    Tell them what you made before and they match it. Plus the benefits are top notch.

Retail Leadership Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

First, I got a phone call from one of AT&T recruiter and made appointment of webcam interview for next week. The webcam interview is through AT&T connection(it's not efficient and took me a while to figure out). The recruiter was nice and asking all the basic behavior questions

Interview Questions
    • Three strengths and one weakness?Why retail?what do you know about AT&T   Answer Question

Splicing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

Contacted by company staffer, then went through medical, background, resume verification, and pass/fail training.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions but you must stay customer service oriented. Tech does not impress during interview. People skills at that point.   Answer Question
    no negotioation.

Cable Splicer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T.

Drug test, balance test, strength test & simple knowledge test of reading a map

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T in August 2012.

Had 3 Phone interviews before a face to face interview. first spoke with a national recruiter, then the store manager, then the district manager. Then the face to face interview was with an acting store manager and all of them went well.

The interviewer admitted that she was just checking my energy level to make sure I was outgoing. She said she really did not care what came out my mouth because they were going to train me on the product anyways. She wanted an energetic person.

Interview Questions
    • Just pay attention to the problem solving questions and the weakness questions and answer with confidence.   Answer Question
    I was a bit concerned about this part. I wanted to ask for a certain amount and the hiring recruiter told me that I have been hired. Then she asked me what hourly am I asking for so it can be approved by the union which is a total lie. It was a line to prevent me from asking for something higher than the starting base.

RF Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in August 2011.

My experiene is based on working for them and deciding to go perm. In general is interview is pretty laid back. First interview was with a group of engineers and the manager that would hire me. Second interview was with the director.

First interview, was a last minute setup. I did not prepare myself well for the technology I will be working in. Sadly, this is how the group gauge my level of epxerience. In the end, I felt i let myself down and did not show what I can offer. Even though I have alot more experiences and well rounded beyond my peers in what I can offer, it was a appointment on my part. I know if I take the job, it will take more time and energy to prove myself. I accepted the position and so far it is true.

Interview Questions
    • What is unused frequency and something....I don't really remember but it has something to do with compress mode or IRAT.   Answer Question
    I was given a very low salary but at the end I end up getting just the avg
    My advice is don't be afraid to go 20-30K more than what they offer as this was my issue. I thought going at 20K more than they offer me was a good deal;however, this is what HR want to make you feel. It is a trap. So go at least 20K or at least what you think you are worth.

Security Consulting (PCI) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in June 2011.

Interview process was very straightforward. Traditional in every way of the word, inclusive of the Technical writing samples test that lasted one hour.

Talked to managers, directors, and line staff of the unit I would be joining, as well as parallel units that I had wanted to work with.

Discussions all primarily focused on my background, reason for wanting to change, and lots of options for questions and my own concerns.

Maybe it was the group I was joining, PCI consulting, but everyone was great and still had that startup feel, which is rare that its still allowed to thrive in such an old company as ATT.

Interview Questions

Amazingly enough, for a company that spent the time to interview and make an offer, they would not move or change a single thing about the package. Taking into consideration that I told them my current salary, PTO, Stock package, and bonuses... They didnt seem to care to make any concessions on what thjey initially offered, which was considerably below market.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in May 2011.

Phone interview,Job Fair (one on one's with 3-4 different managers from all over the country,Background and Drug Test,Training.