AT&T Interview Questions in San Ramon, CA

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.3

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview at San Ramon but I lived in Vallejo. I had to decline the interview schedule because of far travel distance from my home. But I had a phone interview prior to my face interview. The guy from AT&T ask me if I was interested and I said yes. After that, he had asked me a various questions like if I'll be willing to be trained outside location and to be shouldered by AT&T, willing to work long hours of standing, work on late hours, work without accommodation and some other practical questions. Then I realized after I ask my wife that the place I'm applying was far from my home. The salary will not cover most of my expenses (toll, gas, rent, food & etc.) So I have to decline the interview. Note, after a week, AT&T still emailed me if I'm still interested in AT&T San Ramon. I didn't bother to reply back.

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applies for the position online, about two weeks later I received an invitation to take a qualification test in Oakland about a week and a half later. I passed the test and a week later I received an email inviting me to their "Realistic Job Screening" and interview. I went to the screening/interview and felt very good about it. Unfortunately I received an email the following week stating that the position went to someone more qualified.

Interview Questions

• They were all fairly straight forward. As long as you have confidence in your answers, you should be fine.   Answer Question

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

There was an initial written test. Some questions were technical, but most were simple logic problems. I don't think you need to score very high to pass. The next stage was a group interview. It was not really an interview, but more of an info session filled with disclaimers about how hard the job is.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer that was upset.   1 Answer

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick and direct. I would believe that the interview process took no longer than 10 minutes as there will be many others interviewing in one day. Main concern would be written exam.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a sales background?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

10-15 question written test and basic computer terminology. Once pass the test you have another round of interview with senior level technician. It was fairly easy and meant to weed out alll the nontechnical people. Being the job was for a call center environment, it was group testing then one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a router? Why would you use ping? What is dns and how is it used? What does dhcp stand for?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program (Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

First interview was via phone. Second interview was via phone and final was 1:1 in person. They screen you with a recruiter via phone, then a level 2 manager via phone. You visit a regional HQ to meet with a cohort of semi to finalist, where your final 1:1 interview occurs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Typical. Offer. Decision.

Sale Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Must apply on line. 100 question test sent online. Phone interview. Meet at AT&T Building

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

First phone technical interview then a face to face interview. Have to be strong on Java basics, SQL if for java development. Added benefit is if you are familiar with frameworks like Struts, Spring. Basic understanding of networking is also good.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

AT&T has a very similar process employed by most companies. Initially they made us take a written test consisting of 25 Q's of 100 marks total. A score of 80 was passing and those scored 80 and above were selected and rest were walked to the door. Second was a 1:1 technical interview taken by the senior support managers. Finally the HR manager takes an HR interview as the last interview.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to take a written test to assess your basic skills associated with DSL, NIC, NAT, DHCP, Internet, DNS, email protocols, Windows troubleshooting commands, wireless home networking/routers, and Protocols. zero configuration network, DNS lookup, NS Lookup, ping, traceroute, What is a Network? What is a Router? What is NIC and what steps would you take to make sure the customer had a NIC installed in Windows XP? What is Wireless Zero or what is Wireless Auto Configuration? What does NAT stand for & describe its function? What utility is used to restore a computer to an earlier date or time in Windows XP? What is DHCP and what does it do? What does DNS stand for and how do you debug a DNS problem? What is POP3 & SMTP? What DOS command do you use to show an IP address? or What command do you enter to look up an IP address? What trouble shooting DOS commands are used to check network connections? Switch settings would be good to review. What is System Configuration Utility used for and what is MSCONFIG? What is Spyware and a virus? What is a static IP and what is a dynamic IP? What is TCP/IP? What IP address would you typically use to access the GUI (i.e. admin page) for a router in the default network? What DOS command (and switch settings) would you use to continuously ping an IP address with certain wait times? What is a wireless SSID and what does it stand for? How do you find out the memory and OS running in a Windows system? Let's Review your Experience /Trouble Shooting Skills: Describe your Call Center and Help Desk experience. Describe a difficult situation and how would you resolve it? What is your biggest strength? Describe a Customer Service experience you had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied online and found the process to be somewhat difficult to use there system. I received a call from an recruiter and sent some additional information that was asked of me. I did a phone interview that lasted 30 mins. I was then called back 3 days later and asked if I could come back in for a 1: 1 interview. I took some tests interviewed with 3 people. I then was offered a job the next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question like; If you were on a team and one f your co workers was not able to keep up what would you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question