AT&T

2.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

I was called for an interview at San Ramon but I lived in Vallejo. I had to decline the interview schedule because of far travel distance from my home. But I had a phone interview prior to my face interview. The guy from AT&T ask me if I was interested and I said yes. After that, he had asked me a various questions like if I'll be willing to be trained outside location and to be shouldered by AT&T, willing to work long hours of standing, work on late hours, work without accommodation and some other practical questions.

Then I realized after I ask my wife that the place I'm applying was far from my home. The salary will not cover most of my expenses (toll, gas, rent, food & etc.) So I have to decline the interview.

Note, after a week, AT&T still emailed me if I'm still interested in AT&T San Ramon. I didn't bother to reply back.

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

Applies for the position online, about two weeks later I received an invitation to take a qualification test in Oakland about a week and a half later. I passed the test and a week later I received an email inviting me to their "Realistic Job Screening" and interview. I went to the screening/interview and felt very good about it. Unfortunately I received an email the following week stating that the position went to someone more qualified.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly straight forward. As long as you have confidence in your answers, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Sale Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in December 2010.

Must apply on line. 100 question test sent online. Phone interview. Meet at AT&T Building

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in October 2010.

First phone technical interview then a face to face interview.

Have to be strong on Java basics, SQL if for java development. Added benefit is if you are familiar with frameworks like Struts, Spring. Basic understanding of networking is also good.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in October 2009.

AT&T has a very similar process employed by most companies. Initially they made us take a written test consisting of 25 Q's of 100 marks total. A score of 80 was passing and those scored 80 and above were selected and rest were walked to the door. Second was a 1:1 technical interview taken by the senior support managers. Finally the HR manager takes an HR interview as the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to take a written test to assess your basic skills associated with DSL, NIC, NAT, DHCP, Internet, DNS, email protocols, Windows troubleshooting commands, wireless home networking/routers, and Protocols.
      zero configuration network, DNS lookup, NS Lookup, ping, traceroute,
      What is a Network?
      What is a Router?
      What is NIC and what steps would you take to make sure the customer had a NIC installed in Windows XP?
      What is Wireless Zero or what is Wireless Auto Configuration?
      What does NAT stand for & describe its function?
      What utility is used to restore a computer to an earlier date or time in Windows XP?
      What is DHCP and what does it do?
      What does DNS stand for and how do you debug a DNS problem?
      What is POP3 & SMTP?
      What DOS command do you use to show an IP address? or What command do you enter to look up an IP address?
      What trouble shooting DOS commands are used to check network connections? Switch settings would be good to review.
      What is System Configuration Utility used for and what is MSCONFIG?
      What is Spyware and a virus?
      What is a static IP and what is a dynamic IP?
      What is TCP/IP?
      What IP address would you typically use to access the GUI (i.e. admin page) for a router in the default network?
      What DOS command (and switch settings) would you use to continuously ping an IP address with certain wait times?
      What is a wireless SSID and what does it stand for?
      How do you find out the memory and OS running in a Windows system?
      Let's Review your Experience /Trouble Shooting Skills:
      Describe your Call Center and Help Desk experience.
      Describe a difficult situation and how would you resolve it?
      What is your biggest strength?
      Describe a Customer Service experience you had.

Answer Question
    no negotiation

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in June 2009.

I applied online and found the process to be somewhat difficult to use there system. I received a call from an recruiter and sent some additional information that was asked of me. I did a phone interview that lasted 30 mins. I was then called back 3 days later and asked if I could come back in for a 1: 1 interview. I took some tests interviewed with 3 people. I then was offered a job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question like; If you were on a team and one f your co workers was not able to keep up what would you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

The interview process was fairly straightforward. It consisted of an overview of the responsibilities and the position. It also included a skills test based on what they were looking for. Particularly they had an exam discussing technical concepts covering: Java, Oracle, Systems Administration. The questions ranged from very basic such as what is a POJO? to some decent items as Describe in Oracle how to determine what a long-running SQL is actually doing?

There were 5 different individuals ranging from technical leaders, to project leader, to group leader and technical experts. The HR individual while very pleasant was the least knowledgeable about the particular position.

They described the position and what it did. They were also very good about describing the company culture, the atmosphere and the career path progression. They were also very clear that their company did very little professional hiring with my case being the exception.

Interview Questions
    • In a Unix environment what are the top 3-5 considerations for performance monitoring a Java application that has access to a local Oracle instance (located on the same server). Please be as specific as possible (i.e. commands, locations, etc.)   View Answer

Ultimately the offer was not really competitive. The overall compensation was under what most of the local opportunities offer. Benefits and other items were also not necessarily that overwhelming positive to be considered. Also I have done research at Glassdoor and other sites where employees have made mention of the let's just say "strange" approach the company leaders take towards their employees. I had asked a few questions at the interview and they were answered well. Still with so much feedback with concerns about the company and the overall weak compensation in the offer I chose to decline the opportunity.

Tier II Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in December 2008.

phone interview -> in person interview -> background check -> drug test -> training

Interview Questions
    • what is the different between a router and a hub. what type of security does a router offer   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AT&T in October 2008.

I was contacted by a Hiring Manager to come to Interview. The initial interview was at a hiring fair for AT&T. These are not common. I did a traditional interview with an Area Manager. I was asked to come for a second interview to take the Manager's Test and verbal interview with a Hiring Manager. I was then asked to come in to take the Engineer's Exam.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing like telephony. The most similar thing would be water (pipe) engineering. This interview/exam was from 2000, so things may have changed.   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate, but didn't do so well. I just graduated from college and only asked what a similar job offer with a contract firm was offering.

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in September 2008.

Applied online, after a week I was called in to Oakland Ca. There I took a multiple question answer test on computer skills. Then took a multiple question test on mechanics/wiring.

None, They offered the job and asigned a salary based on prior experience. I was not given a oppritunity to give any salary requirments. They offered the job and either I excepted what they offered or not. They also did not give you time to think about it. You had to provide your answer right then and there.