AT&T

Relevance Date Difficulty

Premesis Technician Interview

Premesis Technician
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applies for the position online, about two weeks later I received an invitation to take a qualification test in Oakland about a week and a half later. I passed the test and a week later I received an email inviting me to their "Realistic Job Screening" and interview. I went to the screening/interview and felt very good about it. Unfortunately I received an email the following week stating that the position went to someone more qualified.

Interview Question – They were all fairly straight forward. As long as you have confidence in your answers, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in October 2010.

Interview Details – First phone technical interview then a face to face interview.

Have to be strong on Java basics, SQL if for java development. Added benefit is if you are familiar with frameworks like Struts, Spring. Basic understanding of networking is also good.

Network Technician Interview

Network Technician
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and found the process to be somewhat difficult to use there system. I received a call from an recruiter and sent some additional information that was asked of me. I did a phone interview that lasted 30 mins. I was then called back 3 days later and asked if I could come back in for a 1: 1 interview. I took some tests interviewed with 3 people. I then was offered a job the next day.

Interview Question – I was asked a question like; If you were on a team and one f your co workers was not able to keep up what would you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AT&T in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Hiring Manager to come to Interview. The initial interview was at a hiring fair for AT&T. These are not common. I did a traditional interview with an Area Manager. I was asked to come for a second interview to take the Manager's Test and verbal interview with a Hiring Manager. I was then asked to come in to take the Engineer's Exam.

Interview Question – There is nothing like telephony. The most similar thing would be water (pipe) engineering. This interview/exam was from 2000, so things may have changed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate, but didn't do so well. I just graduated from college and only asked what a similar job offer with a contract firm was offering.

Sale Support Representative Interview

Sale Support Representative
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2010.

Interview Details – Must apply on line. 100 question test sent online. Phone interview. Meet at AT&T Building

Interview Question – Why do you want this job   Answer Question

Premesis Technician Interview

Premesis Technician
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in September 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, after a week I was called in to Oakland Ca. There I took a multiple question answer test on computer skills. Then took a multiple question test on mechanics/wiring.

Negotiation Details – None, They offered the job and asigned a salary based on prior experience. I was not given a oppritunity to give any salary requirments. They offered the job and either I excepted what they offered or not. They also did not give you time to think about it. You had to provide your answer right then and there.

Tier II Support Analyst Interview

Tier II Support Analyst
San Ramon, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2008.

Interview Details – phone interview -> in person interview -> background check -> drug test -> training

Interview Question – what is the different between a router and a hub. what type of security does a router offer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Ramon, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in October 2009.

Interview Details – AT&T has a very similar process employed by most companies. Initially they made us take a written test consisting of 25 Q's of 100 marks total. A score of 80 was passing and those scored 80 and above were selected and rest were walked to the door. Second was a 1:1 technical interview taken by the senior support managers. Finally the HR manager takes an HR interview as the last interview.

Interview Question – be prepared to take a written test to assess your basic skills associated with DSL, NIC, NAT, DHCP, Internet, DNS, email protocols, Windows troubleshooting commands, wireless home networking/routers, and Protocols.
zero configuration network, DNS lookup, NS Lookup, ping, traceroute,
What is a Network?
What is a Router?
What is NIC and what steps would you take to make sure the customer had a NIC installed in Windows XP?
What is Wireless Zero or what is Wireless Auto Configuration?
What does NAT stand for & describe its function?
What utility is used to restore a computer to an earlier date or time in Windows XP?
What is DHCP and what does it do?
What does DNS stand for and how do you debug a DNS problem?
What is POP3 & SMTP?
What DOS command do you use to show an IP address? or What command do you enter to look up an IP address?
What trouble shooting DOS commands are used to check network connections? Switch settings would be good to review.
What is System Configuration Utility used for and what is MSCONFIG?
What is Spyware and a virus?
What is a static IP and what is a dynamic IP?
What is TCP/IP?
What IP address would you typically use to access the GUI (i.e. admin page) for a router in the default network?
What DOS command (and switch settings) would you use to continuously ping an IP address with certain wait times?
What is a wireless SSID and what does it stand for?
How do you find out the memory and OS running in a Windows system?
Let's Review your Experience /Trouble Shooting Skills:
Describe your Call Center and Help Desk experience.
Describe a difficult situation and how would you resolve it?
What is your biggest strength?
Describe a Customer Service experience you had.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
San Ramon, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straightforward. It consisted of an overview of the responsibilities and the position. It also included a skills test based on what they were looking for. Particularly they had an exam discussing technical concepts covering: Java, Oracle, Systems Administration. The questions ranged from very basic such as what is a POJO? to some decent items as Describe in Oracle how to determine what a long-running SQL is actually doing?

There were 5 different individuals ranging from technical leaders, to project leader, to group leader and technical experts. The HR individual while very pleasant was the least knowledgeable about the particular position.

They described the position and what it did. They were also very good about describing the company culture, the atmosphere and the career path progression. They were also very clear that their company did very little professional hiring with my case being the exception.

Interview Question – In a Unix environment what are the top 3-5 considerations for performance monitoring a Java application that has access to a local Oracle instance (located on the same server). Please be as specific as possible (i.e. commands, locations, etc.)   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Ultimately the offer was not really competitive. The overall compensation was under what most of the local opportunities offer. Benefits and other items were also not necessarily that overwhelming positive to be considered. Also I have done research at Glassdoor and other sites where employees have made mention of the let's just say "strange" approach the company leaders take towards their employees. I had asked a few questions at the interview and they were answered well. Still with so much feedback with concerns about the company and the overall weak compensation in the offer I chose to decline the opportunity.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T interview questions and advice in San Ramon, CA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.