AT&T

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in June 2011.

Interview Details – First HR called and spoke about my background. Then the team lead called a week later and had a 1 hour interview in which he asked several questions some of which I could not answer. He was impolite in general and never heard back from them again. Was a waste of time.

Interview Question – What is the difference between namenode and datanode in Hadoop?   Answer Question

Glendale, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at AT&T in April 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with HR rep first. Then spoke with hiring manager. Set up team interview where I met with hiring manager and 4 team members.

They proceeded to ask me the standard software engineer interview questions. Asked me to white board a few basic algorithms. One guy brought his laptop into the interview and never took his eyes off of it, very unprofessional.

They will hire you if you remember how to do sort and partition algorithms that you wouldn't have done since college. They do not like to speak about your current work or projects. They also ask questions that will tell them how your family life is. For example: "Tell me about how or if you are involved in your community", or "Tell me about a time outside of work, where you took a risk." All of those questions were to get me to tell them if I have a family or not.

Interview Question – Can you do a bubble sort for me on the white board?   View Answers (3)

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview started from HR, the reception area is crowded, the room where interview performed is hot. The interviewers came in one by one, total 5, each took around 40 minutes. Some of them hadn't seen my resume, and let me think they were so busy. The answers to the questions are not about yes or no, it is about good, better or best. The questions were all algorithm-related, not easy to me.

Interview Question – what is the best way to check a number is a perfect number or not?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in June 2007.

Interview Details – First round is phone interview, then there is an on site manager interview. It just fro some general questions such as overall and objective and some other HR questions. After a few weeks, then there is a group technical interview. The group interview has about 3 team leaders. basically the interviewers are very nice. The question are technical questions.

Interview Question – tell a case how to design a software cycle.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1. difference between class and structure
2. difference between pointer and reference
3. difference between map, list and vector

Interview Question – Reason for leaving   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter interview me on the phone and asked personal question, and also about my experience
Then we schedule an interview 1:1. The process included two technical interviews, HR interview and final interview by the development manager.

Interview Question – Software Design: how would you implement a system that have multiple protocols such as: TCP, UDP and few encryption algorithms: AES, DES and exc.
Give a solution of implementation - class diagram.
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AT&T in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview involved questions on what I was working on. It was more of a technical interview and had questions on my willingness to work on new technologies. There was an initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The background verification took a month but otherwise the process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.