AT&T

AT&T Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in June 2011.

First HR called and spoke about my background. Then the team lead called a week later and had a 1 hour interview in which he asked several questions some of which I could not answer. He was impolite in general and never heard back from them again. Was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between namenode and datanode in Hadoop?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AT&T in April 2010.

Spoke with HR rep first. Then spoke with hiring manager. Set up team interview where I met with hiring manager and 4 team members.

They proceeded to ask me the standard software engineer interview questions. Asked me to white board a few basic algorithms. One guy brought his laptop into the interview and never took his eyes off of it, very unprofessional.

They will hire you if you remember how to do sort and partition algorithms that you wouldn't have done since college. They do not like to speak about your current work or projects. They also ask questions that will tell them how your family life is. For example: "Tell me about how or if you are involved in your community", or "Tell me about a time outside of work, where you took a risk." All of those questions were to get me to tell them if I have a family or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in December 2009.

The interview started from HR, the reception area is crowded, the room where interview performed is hot. The interviewers came in one by one, total 5, each took around 40 minutes. Some of them hadn't seen my resume, and let me think they were so busy. The answers to the questions are not about yes or no, it is about good, better or best. The questions were all algorithm-related, not easy to me.

Interview Questions
    • what is the best way to check a number is a perfect number or not?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in June 2007.

First round is phone interview, then there is an on site manager interview. It just fro some general questions such as overall and objective and some other HR questions. After a few weeks, then there is a group technical interview. The group interview has about 3 team leaders. basically the interviewers are very nice. The question are technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in September 2011.

1. difference between class and structure
    2. difference between pointer and reference
    3. difference between map, list and vector

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in July 2011.

The recruiter interview me on the phone and asked personal question, and also about my experience
    Then we schedule an interview 1:1. The process included two technical interviews, HR interview and final interview by the development manager.

Interview Questions
    • Software Design: how would you implement a system that have multiple protocols such as: TCP, UDP and few encryption algorithms: AES, DES and exc.
      Give a solution of implementation - class diagram.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AT&T in September 2009.

The interview involved questions on what I was working on. It was more of a technical interview and had questions on my willingness to work on new technologies. There was an initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The background verification took a month but otherwise the process was very smooth.