AT&T Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Phone interview was talking about the projects and how my previous skills were applicable. In person interview consisted of 3 or 4 people including the team manager and his boss. Several simple coding questions as well as some in depth conversation about how to change the answer to make it better for a different purpose. Relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were overly difficult. Most were based upon establishing an ability to code with the questions emphasizing how you think and work as opposed to just want you know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Small negotiation was possible. Was hired just as they entered a hiring freeze, so there was less leeway. I did negotiate an additional 3k, started in December, and received another 3k raise effective in March.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (China, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

it was good. nice process followed. questions are easy and sometimes bit tricky be confident to answer any qn asked . dont worry be bold . be strong in basics. prepare properly for this one. jsut do it

Interview Questions

• write program to for finding palindrome write program fro calciulating avg of 2 nos   1 Answer

Negotiation

interview good. cleared it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Middletown, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone and followed by face to face. Complete process took around 3 weeks. Interview was average difficult. Interview was conducted by one person in each stage. Took 1 week for confirmation. They conducted drug test and background check after offering the position.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

First HR called and spoke about my background. Then the team lead called a week later and had a 1 hour interview in which he asked several questions some of which I could not answer. He was impolite in general and never heard back from them again. Was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between namenode and datanode in Hadoop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Glendale, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Spoke with HR rep first. Then spoke with hiring manager. Set up team interview where I met with hiring manager and 4 team members. They proceeded to ask me the standard software engineer interview questions. Asked me to white board a few basic algorithms. One guy brought his laptop into the interview and never took his eyes off of it, very unprofessional. They will hire you if you remember how to do sort and partition algorithms that you wouldn't have done since college. They do not like to speak about your current work or projects. They also ask questions that will tell them how your family life is. For example: "Tell me about how or if you are involved in your community", or "Tell me about a time outside of work, where you took a risk." All of those questions were to get me to tell them if I have a family or not.

Interview Questions

• Can you do a bubble sort for me on the white board?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview started from HR, the reception area is crowded, the room where interview performed is hot. The interviewers came in one by one, total 5, each took around 40 minutes. Some of them hadn't seen my resume, and let me think they were so busy. The answers to the questions are not about yes or no, it is about good, better or best. The questions were all algorithm-related, not easy to me.

Interview Questions

• what is the best way to check a number is a perfect number or not?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T in June 2007.

Interview

First round is phone interview, then there is an on site manager interview. It just fro some general questions such as overall and objective and some other HR questions. After a few weeks, then there is a group technical interview. The group interview has about 3 team leaders. basically the interviewers are very nice. The question are technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T in September 2011.

Interview

1. difference between class and structure 2. difference between pointer and reference 3. difference between map, list and vector

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in July 2011.

Interview

The recruiter interview me on the phone and asked personal question, and also about my experience Then we schedule an interview 1:1. The process included two technical interviews, HR interview and final interview by the development manager. .

Interview Questions

• Software Design: how would you implement a system that have multiple protocols such as: TCP, UDP and few encryption algorithms: AES, DES and exc. Give a solution of implementation - class diagram.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AT&T in September 2009.

Interview

The interview involved questions on what I was working on. It was more of a technical interview and had questions on my willingness to work on new technologies. There was an initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The background verification took a month but otherwise the process was very smooth.