ATA Retail

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at ATA Retail

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ATA Retail.

I only met with the hiring manager once in the HyVee I was going to merchandise. She acted like I got it right away and called me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None. It appears they will hire just about anyone who applies.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It is a set flat rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied online – interviewed at ATA Retail in January 2014.

Fragmented process. Frustrating. Non responsive. Appears little coordination between supervisors, managers, and human resources staff. Snippy email response when you can get one. Questions submitted either go unanswered or are treated as a challenge to the hiring staff

Interview Questions
    • Asked to complete questionnaire in writing with my answers while Supervisor went off to check on the store service   Answer Question

too many bad reviews

Supervisor Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at ATA Retail.

Applied for a Supervisor position, really was excited when the recruiter called me, she told me about the position stating I would be over seeing 40 stores, and have 4-6 employee's below me, I'd be able to teach others, audit, have weekly conference calls and admin time. The job would be no less than 30 hours per week but upwards of 40. I got a call today from the hiring manager who said the job was only 15 hours per week, would never go over 30 because of Obamacare and how ATA does not want to pay for benefits. I told him what the recruiter had told me he stated that was incorrect. I asked how does a supervisor do all the work required in only 15 hours a week, he said he was hiring 6 supervisors for 1 territory to break up the territory so they did not have to pay for benefits under Obama's plan.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked after I was told the job was not 30+ hours but only 15.   Answer Question

I can't work for a company that is obviously Republican based, that does not want to take care of their employee's but would rather hire 6 supervisors and pay out more in hourly than one good supervisor and pay for benefits. I do not think this is a good company to work for and makes no sense they wouldn't want satisfied employee's to work with their company but would rather be ignorant and selfish with their money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ATA Retail in May 2013.

30-min interview. Didn't ask for resume then, but asked for it after they hired me. Extensive interview for such a low paying p/t job.

No negotiating.

Area Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ATA Retail in April 2012.

Interviews start with a phone screen from recruiter, progressing to a call from the area supervisor, then a face to face interview. Once a decision is made, there was a few weeks before training started. Training actually is a continious process, as there are many new impliments to consider with each passing day. With any company to not have change is to fail.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strongest and weakest atrributes   View Answer

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ATA Retail in March 2010.

told me the job description and asked me if I was interested.