ATA Retail

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Olympia, WA

I applied online - interviewed at ATA Retail in January 2014.

Interview Details – Fragmented process. Frustrating. Non responsive. Appears little coordination between supervisors, managers, and human resources staff. Snippy email response when you can get one. Questions submitted either go unanswered or are treated as a challenge to the hiring staff

Interview Question – Asked to complete questionnaire in writing with my answers while Supervisor went off to check on the store service   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – too many bad reviews

Retail Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ATA Retail.

Interview Details – I only met with the hiring manager once in the HyVee I was going to merchandise. She acted like I got it right away and called me the next day with an offer.

Interview Question – None. It appears they will hire just about anyone who applies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. It is a set flat rate.

Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ATA Retail in May 2013.

Interview Details – 30-min interview. Didn't ask for resume then, but asked for it after they hired me. Extensive interview for such a low paying p/t job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Very Easy Interview

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ATA Retail.

Interview Details – Applied for a Supervisor position, really was excited when the recruiter called me, she told me about the position stating I would be over seeing 40 stores, and have 4-6 employee's below me, I'd be able to teach others, audit, have weekly conference calls and admin time. The job would be no less than 30 hours per week but upwards of 40. I got a call today from the hiring manager who said the job was only 15 hours per week, would never go over 30 because of Obamacare and how ATA does not want to pay for benefits. I told him what the recruiter had told me he stated that was incorrect. I asked how does a supervisor do all the work required in only 15 hours a week, he said he was hiring 6 supervisors for 1 territory to break up the territory so they did not have to pay for benefits under Obama's plan.

Interview Question – No questions were asked after I was told the job was not 30+ hours but only 15.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I can't work for a company that is obviously Republican based, that does not want to take care of their employee's but would rather hire 6 supervisors and pay out more in hourly than one good supervisor and pay for benefits. I do not think this is a good company to work for and makes no sense they wouldn't want satisfied employee's to work with their company but would rather be ignorant and selfish with their money.

Very Easy Interview

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ATA Retail in March 2010.

Interview Details – told me the job description and asked me if I was interested.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ATA Retail? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ATA Retail interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by ATA Retail employees and interview candidates.