ATR International Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.5

Applicant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ATR International.

Several of my former colleagues and friends referred me to Ms. Judi Chung, an ATR Recruiter when i was looking for a position.

She was very patient, knowledgeable and informative.

She did not immediately have a position open, but said she would keep me posted and informed of any future openings. I have heard that a million times before, so I doubted I would ever hear back from ATR. However, within two weeks, Ms. Chung called me back with 3 different position opening options, and fielded my rather detailed questions in order to help me decide for which position I would be a best fit.

I have dealt with many, many recruiters in the industry; some never call back when they say they will, and others are overly aggressive to the point of being demeaning, sarcastic, and offensive.

Ms. Chung, however, was very pro-active, responsive, hard working, honest and professional. She remained sharp and well organized even when I was not.

I always recommend to my web designer and programmer colleagues or anyone looking for a quality recruiter/agency when looking for a job or to work with, their first stop should be Ms. Chung at ATR.

ATR is a great company and the people work hard. The pay and benefits packages are fair and competitive.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult...very honest and open process; no trick questions. I truly appreciated that.   Answer Question

Receptionist - Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ATR International in May 2014.

First I received a phone call, usual screening of questions of your past work, seemed like they were desperate though so it went by fast and I was scheduled the next day for an interview. This position was for being the receptionist at their Sunnyvale location, answering calls, placing job orders, etc.
    I was supposed to interview with three people, like I mentioned before, they were unorganized and I only saw two people. They said they would call me the next day to finish up the interview.
    They never did.

The funny thing is that this recruiting company called me about 3 weeks prior about a potential opportunity for another receptionist position for SSL. Though we had mis-communication, I never received an email, phone call, or even LinkedIn message stating anything of what happened. Before I went to the interview for the onsite receptionist, I had messaged the recruiter that called about the position at SSL, she didn't respond, which is fine because who checks LinkedIn everyday? When I saw her in person, of course, being understanding and professional telling her I am excited to interview for their site, she dashed away as soon as possible when the conversation ended.

I think it's probably a good company, but the communications is not good.. at all. For both times, I did not receive an answer regarding anything bad or good. Especially from a recruiting company, they should keep you informed...

Interview Questions
    • "where do you see yourself in 5 years"
      I have never had this asked for an interview even though it's pretty common. I have an interest in HR and I told the interviewer somewhere in HR as a recruiting coordinator or talent acquisition. She asked me why. I said human resources has a lot of different opportunities in different areas and I've been interested since I was a receptionist at eBay. She then asked, so what do you like about it, the paperwork...?
      I didn't know what else to say other than, I am interested in this position because I feel it's a basis of going into HR...
      They have read my resume but had no clue that I had been contacted and dismissed before..very interesting, eh?

Answer Question

Lead Strategist for Creative Brand Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ATR International.

Interviewed with the marketing team and management team

Administrative Assistant II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ATR International in October 2013.

My interview went great. I was asked questions pertaining to my past job experience. I was never asked questions that made me feel unfortable to answer. The person that intereviewed me was very polite and cheerful.

Junior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ATR International in April 2013.

I was first contacted for an on-campus interview with ATR. They had one full day of interviews with any candidate that submitted their resume. The interviewer liked me and passed me along to her manager. The manager gave me a call the following week for another quick interview and then scheduled a one on one interview at the office. There, I interviewed with her and two other employees. I was later contacted with the results.

Interview Questions
    • How do your past experiences help you for this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at ATR International.

You want to dress professional and be prepared to meet all of management. You do not need to be experienced or have experience in HR but you need to be available to start ASAP.

Interview Questions
    No such thing as negotiation