ATS Automation Tooling

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied in-person - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was fun and somewhat informal. I interviewed multiple people at the same time who put me at ease by adding some humor to the conversation. The company has a laid back culture and employees are very much into sports and outdoor activities. They gave me a tour of the factory that was really cool.

Intern Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via school portal. Interview was straight forward, and was with one of the senior engineers. As such, not too much on the HR side of things. Interview began with him asking if I had any questions, and then questions about my background (he just went through my resume).
Afterwards, there were just a bunch of technical problems, involving basic physics, spatial reasoning, and some real life cases to analyse.

Interview Question – Nothing really. Everything was pretty standard. Goofed up on one of the case studies, though.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews, HR First, Hiring manager - Second, higher manager or the team - Third

Interview Question – What to you dislike about your present role?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was handled by the agency.

Control Systems Software Designer Interview

Control Systems Software Designer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview: standard technical overview.
2. On site technical interview: experience and knowledge + written test.
3. On site "personality" interview: how did you handle different situation at your previous workplace.
4. Background check: references, education ...

Interview Question – I was surprised with amount of questions on ladder diagram logic, including ladder logic simplifying.   Answer Question

Control Systems Software Designer Interview

Control Systems Software Designer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in April 2012.

Interview Details – took 2 hours including a written exam.

Interview Question – 1. They are just only asking PLC programming, simplifying the circuits.

2. A servo motor control problem
  View Answer

Machine Vision Interview

Cambridge, ON (Canada)

The process took 4 days - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in March 2012.

Interview Details – there are two interviews in total with ATS, the first one is an orientation kind interview where the interviewees meet with the managers of each department to have a short talk and circulating around. the second time the interview is conducted on a different day and the interviewee is interviewed by one HR and one department manager to which the interviewee is applying for

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – i didn't really have any negotiations, as it happens, i talked with the interviewer about my knowledge and understanding of the job and its related field of study and basic information about my personal information, and initiative of applying to the job

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ATS Automation Tooling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ATS Automation Tooling interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by ATS Automation Tooling employees and interview candidates.