ATS Automation Tooling Interview Questions

3.2

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Corvallis, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn. ATS Automation flew me out for a day and half to see the area and interview for 3/4 of a day. Three panel interviews and final interview with the GM. The offer was extended the next day. The Start date was negotiated.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was that the GM was not wiling to negotiate salary at all.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only able to negotiate vacation accrual rate.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fun and somewhat informal. I interviewed multiple people at the same time who put me at ease by adding some humor to the conversation. The company has a laid back culture and employees are very much into sports and outdoor activities. They gave me a tour of the factory that was really cool.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied via school portal. Interview was straight forward, and was with one of the senior engineers. As such, not too much on the HR side of things. Interview began with him asking if I had any questions, and then questions about my background (he just went through my resume).
    Afterwards, there were just a bunch of technical problems, involving basic physics, spatial reasoning, and some real life cases to analyse.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Everything was pretty standard. Goofed up on one of the case studies, though.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Cambridge, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Multiple interviews, HR First, Hiring manager - Second, higher manager or the team - Third

Interview Questions

• What to you dislike about your present role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was handled by the agency.

Control Systems Software Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ATS Automation Tooling.

Interview

1. Phone interview: standard technical overview.
    2. On site technical interview: experience and knowledge + written test.
    3. On site "personality" interview: how did you handle different situation at your previous workplace.
    4. Background check: references, education ...

Interview Questions

• I was surprised with amount of questions on ladder diagram logic, including ladder logic simplifying.   Answer Question

Control Systems Software Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in April 2012.

Interview

took 2 hours including a written exam.

Interview Questions

• 1. They are just only asking PLC programming, simplifying the circuits.

2. A servo motor control problem

1 Answer

Machine Vision Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ATS Automation Tooling (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

there are two interviews in total with ATS, the first one is an orientation kind interview where the interviewees meet with the managers of each department to have a short talk and circulating around. the second time the interview is conducted on a different day and the interviewee is interviewed by one HR and one department manager to which the interviewee is applying for

Interview Questions

• how do you handle the situation where in a team one team member is not contributing?   Answer Question
    • what's your most interested subject   Answer Question

Negotiation

i didn't really have any negotiations, as it happens, i talked with the interviewer about my knowledge and understanding of the job and its related field of study and basic information about my personal information, and initiative of applying to the job