ATS Automation Tooling Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corvallis, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in January 2013.

I applied through LinkedIn. ATS Automation flew me out for a day and half to see the area and interview for 3/4 of a day. Three panel interviews and final interview with the GM. The offer was extended the next day. The Start date was negotiated.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was that the GM was not wiling to negotiate salary at all.   View Answer
    Only able to negotiate vacation accrual rate.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in February 2010.

The interview process was fun and somewhat informal. I interviewed multiple people at the same time who put me at ease by adding some humor to the conversation. The company has a laid back culture and employees are very much into sports and outdoor activities. They gave me a tour of the factory that was really cool.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in July 2013.

Applied via school portal. Interview was straight forward, and was with one of the senior engineers. As such, not too much on the HR side of things. Interview began with him asking if I had any questions, and then questions about my background (he just went through my resume).
    Afterwards, there were just a bunch of technical problems, involving basic physics, spatial reasoning, and some real life cases to analyse.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Everything was pretty standard. Goofed up on one of the case studies, though.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling.

Multiple interviews, HR First, Hiring manager - Second, higher manager or the team - Third

Interview Questions
    • What to you dislike about your present role?   View Answer
    It was handled by the agency.

Control Systems Software Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling.

1. Phone interview: standard technical overview.
    2. On site technical interview: experience and knowledge + written test.
    3. On site "personality" interview: how did you handle different situation at your previous workplace.
    4. Background check: references, education ...

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised with amount of questions on ladder diagram logic, including ladder logic simplifying.   Answer Question

Control Systems Software Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in April 2012.

took 2 hours including a written exam.

Interview Questions
    • 1. They are just only asking PLC programming, simplifying the circuits.

2. A servo motor control problem
        View Answer

Machine Vision Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

The process took 4 days - interviewed at ATS Automation Tooling in March 2012.

there are two interviews in total with ATS, the first one is an orientation kind interview where the interviewees meet with the managers of each department to have a short talk and circulating around. the second time the interview is conducted on a different day and the interviewee is interviewed by one HR and one department manager to which the interviewee is applying for

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle the situation where in a team one team member is not contributing?   Answer Question
    • what's your most interested subject   Answer Question
    i didn't really have any negotiations, as it happens, i talked with the interviewer about my knowledge and understanding of the job and its related field of study and basic information about my personal information, and initiative of applying to the job

Worked for ATS Automation Tooling? Contribute to the Community!