AVG Technologies Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AVG Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Job opening was advertised by staffing agency. Sent resume to recruiter and received immediate response. After initial phone screen recruiter set up phone interview with hiring manager (VP of Product). Phone interview went well and hiring manager mentioned several times that is very impressed with my background and employment history. After the phone interview never heard back from recruiter or hiring manager. Two weeks later made several calls to recruiter to get a status of my application but had no luck. Left message - No response. Sent follow up email - No response. Called hiring manager - No response. Emailed hiring manager - No response. Perhaps they found better fit but after experience like this don't think that would want to be part of this team and report to a manager that cannot even complete hiring process by sending final status to all who applied.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AVG Technologies (North Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Group phone interview and onsite coding test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hard to negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AVG Technologies (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

2 steps, 2 technical questions parts. you have one hour to solve test with basic questions. The people are nice, and the place are very comfortable. they are looking for developers almost 7 months, and filtering people without any problem even if they answer all good.

Interview Questions

• They ask the standart qerstions about multithreading,networking, handlers ,DB... basic stuff   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AVG Technologies (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

2 interviews, i did not pass the first one that was only technical.

Interview Questions

• They gave me 45 minutes and a list of Android questions on a paper. Then they came back and we discussed the answers. The android questions were mainly around services/async task/broadcast receivers- when to use each one of them. Also discuss how to deal with data between processes (IPC) and some storage options. At the end they asked me to design a messaging client app (kind of whatsapp) in a very high level.   Answer Question

Devops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AVG Technologies (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in March 2014.

Interview

First phone interview, general questions about DevOps with focus on Git knowledge Second interwiew: Git Multiple Choice and HR interview and technical configuration manager interview Third interview: Actual test: create a .Net project build with Teamcity and Octopus Time between interviews was somewhat lengthy and inconsistent between the reviews. Place looks awesome, kind people.

Interview Questions

• Part of Git 18 multiple choice questions 1) What is Git stash 2) command (more than one answer is true) to present the last 4 commits a) log -4 b) log -4..HEAD c) log HEAD~4..HEAD d) log HEAD^^^^..HEAD 3) What is the Git branch grapgh after applying the following commands ... git add . git commit -m "Addding files" git branch Hotfix git cehckout Hotfix git add . git commit - "Aff hotfix" 4) if you need to remove a file permanentaly from Git repository what command will you use: A) Simply delete the file B) Git rm <file_name> 5) What is a bare repository A) what's being created after git init 6) What is the use of a staging area 7) If you want to go back to a previous commit what command will you use: A) git reset B) git reset --HARD 8) What is Fast Forward (FF) in Git 9) What are the differenced between pull and fetch A) pull=fetch+merge 10) what is a cherry pick 11) when do you use a submodule 12) How many remote repositories can your local repository have A) Infinity B) One C) Two D) None 13) .gitconfig   Answer Question

Web Analytics Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AVG Technologies (Prague (Czech Republic)) in July 2013.

Interview

at first, the phone interview came about and a week after face to face interview with the managers. The interview were mostly about the job role, the company and the team. They also asked about my experience, some examples of the projects i worked on and the communication with other people at work. Everything ran smoothly and even friendly questions appeared at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What were the projects you worked on and what about the results?   Answer Question

Marketing Function Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AVG Technologies.

Interview

8 interviews, 2 via phone, 6 on site

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AVG Technologies in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for a position on the company's website. A HR arranged an interview in company and then I arrived there. This took aprox. 25 days. During the interview they promised they call me back within 7 days, but they didn't. I realized the interview result after my telephone call with the HR assistant.

Marketeer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AVG Technologies (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2010.

Interview

Het interviewproces was heel snel en efficient. Het beslissingsmaakproces en indiening van aanbod was snel. HR mensen zijn heel professioneel.

the interview process was really fast and efficient. The decision making process and submission of offer was quick. HR people are very professional.

Interview Questions

• Algemene interviewproces ging soepel. Ik kwam geen onverwachte vragen tegen.   Overall interview process was smooth. I didn't encounter any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Aanbod was ok en er was een belofte om aandeelopties te krijgen naar IPO. Aandeeloptieprogramma is nog niet vastgelegd.

Offer was OK and there was a promise to get stock options after IPO. Stock option program has not been rolled out yet.