AVG Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager - AVG Privacy Products - SAN Francisco - Oct 2013 Interview

Product Manager - AVG Privacy Products - SAN Francisco - Oct 2013
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AVG Technologies in October 2013.

Interview Details – Job opening was advertised by staffing agency. Sent resume to recruiter and received immediate response. After initial phone screen recruiter set up phone interview with hiring manager (VP of Product). Phone interview went well and hiring manager mentioned several times that is very impressed with my background and employment history. After the phone interview never heard back from recruiter or hiring manager. Two weeks later made several calls to recruiter to get a status of my application but had no luck. Left message - No response. Sent follow up email - No response. Called hiring manager - No response. Emailed hiring manager - No response. Perhaps they found better fit but after experience like this don't think that would want to be part of this team and report to a manager that cannot even complete hiring process by sending final status to all who applied.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
North Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AVG Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – Group phone interview and onsite coding test.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate.

Web Analytics Administrator Interview

Web Analytics Administrator
Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AVG Technologies in July 2013.

Interview Details – at first, the phone interview came about and a week after face to face interview with the managers. The interview were mostly about the job role, the company and the team. They also asked about my experience, some examples of the projects i worked on and the communication with other people at work. Everything ran smoothly and even friendly questions appeared at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – What were the projects you worked on and what about the results?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Android Developer
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied online and interviewed at AVG Technologies.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, i did not pass the first one that was only technical.

Interview Question – They gave me 45 minutes and a list of Android questions on a paper. Then they came back and we discussed the answers.
The android questions were mainly around services/async task/broadcast receivers- when to use each one of them. Also discuss how to deal with data between processes (IPC) and some storage options.

At the end they asked me to design a messaging client app (kind of whatsapp) in a very high level.
  Answer Question

Devops Interview

Devops
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AVG Technologies in March 2014.

Interview Details – First phone interview, general questions about DevOps with focus on Git knowledge
Second interwiew: Git Multiple Choice and HR interview and technical configuration manager interview
Third interview: Actual test: create a .Net project build with Teamcity and Octopus
Time between interviews was somewhat lengthy and inconsistent between the reviews.
Place looks awesome, kind people.

Interview Question – Part of Git 18 multiple choice questions

1) What is Git stash

2) command (more than one answer is true) to present the last 4 commits
a) log -4
b) log -4..HEAD
c) log HEAD~4..HEAD
d) log HEAD^^^^..HEAD

3) What is the Git branch grapgh after applying the following commands ...
git add .
git commit -m "Addding files"
git branch Hotfix
git cehckout Hotfix
git add .
git commit - "Aff hotfix"

4) if you need to remove a file permanentaly from Git repository what command will you use:
A) Simply delete the file
B) Git rm <file_name>

5) What is a bare repository
A) what's being created after git init

6) What is the use of a staging area

Answer Question

Marketing Function Interview

Marketing Function
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AVG Technologies in June 2010.

Interview Details – the interview process was really fast and efficient. The decision making process and submission of offer was quick. HR people are very professional.

Interview Question – Overall interview process was smooth. I didn't encounter any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was OK and there was a promise to get stock options after IPO. Stock option program has not been rolled out yet.

Marketing Function Interview

Marketing Function

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AVG Technologies.

Interview Details – 8 interviews, 2 via phone, 6 on site

Interview Question – Not really, regular professional questions   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AVG Technologies in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for a position on the company's website. A HR arranged an interview in company and then I arrived there. This took aprox. 25 days. During the interview they promised they call me back within 7 days, but they didn't. I realized the interview result after my telephone call with the HR assistant.

Interview Question – no surprised question asked   Answer Question

Worked for AVG Technologies? Contribute to the Community!