AVI Foodsystems Inc.

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Napoleon, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. in August 2013.

Interview Details – Called for job opening. Interviewed at place of work. Took hair drug test. Passed and filled out paperwork. Two days of training.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Toledo, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty Simple. Just a few basic operations questions and mostly about background.

Interview Question – What are you bringing to AVI?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some back and forth. Initially offered 20% below market value. Final offer was more consistent with General Managers in the area.

Branch Manager Interview

Interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc.

Interview Details – Long process taking over 5 months. Multiple interviews with multiple levels of upper management. Well worth jumping through all the hoops.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary,   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Vending Attendant
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc..

Interview Details – was interrupted many times, manager taking phone calls, people walking in, really just filled out paperwork.

Interview Question – we're short on people, when can you start   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, basically here is your wage=takeit or leave it

Vending Machine Route Interview

Falconer, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. in September 2012.

Interview Details – I arrived at 9 am my interview was at 930 am .. so i filled out the application and there was a guy who was there who had an interview and was filling out the app as well. well alittle after 10 am Robin the one doing the interviews somes out and says she is ready for me to interview. The guy was sitting there waiting as we pass thur she says they are going to do the drug test for you in a moment. We go in to the room to interview and she as me about me and what i have done I answer everything and it all is going well. then she looks at my application and there was a time that i got into trouble 8 yrs ago . she laughs about what happened and says something like that happend to her, then we finish the interview. and she says that she has other interviews to go thru an she will get back to me.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Vending Attendant
Dayton, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. in August 2008.

Interview Details – Apply in person, you get a call asking to come in for an interview, usually would be the branch manager or who would be your direct supervisor. You work alone for this position, you have to prove you can work outstandingly without supervision

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Kutztown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. in August 2008.

Interview Details – I had currently worked for the company a a supervisor. They needed a position filled as an assistant retail manger and came to me. I accepted. Pretty simple. The only thing the interview was, was my expectations for the company and a negotiation for salary and benefits.

Interview Question – my expectations   Answer Question

General Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. in April 2009.

Interview Details – Totally unprofessional office attitude---no one was there to give my interview and finally had interview with office manager...far too much chaos in office area and too many people roaming in and out, Decided not to go back for 2nd intrview. They definitely need to work on their innner office communications and also control flow of workers throughout office cocation.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Did not seem to be organized or professional. Not at all comfortable with their ability to organize and train people in a cash money business.

Accounting Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviewers, very relaxed.

Interview Question – Very few questions, just relaxed conversation   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AVI Foodsystems Inc. in September 2008.

Interview Details – sent application which I printed online, only waited a couple days for a phone call. made an appointment to meet with the general manager. talked with him for a short while and he decided I knew what I was doing. went for a drug test. passed it, went to work after 1 interview.

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – stick to your guns when asking for a starting wage because raises are few and far between and very small.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AVI Foodsystems Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AVI Foodsystems Inc. interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by AVI Foodsystems Inc. employees and interview candidates.