AVI-SPL

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AVI-SPL in February 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly straight-forward interview process. No unexpected questions or mind games. The company simply wanted to get to know your qualifications. There were two interviews. The first was more on a level of what type of worker or person you were - basically work ethics. The second was more in-depth focused on the actual job position with questions that were more technical in nature.

Interview Question – As mentioned above there weren't any surprise questions and was not a difficult interview. Obviously, it might be difficult for someone who was not qualified for the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fair process. As mentioned above, there were no "games".

Production Administrator Interview

Production Administrator
Parker, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AVI-SPL in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a response via email a few days later. The email asked if I could come in for an interview, which was scheduled for a couple days later. When I came in for the interview, I sat down with the Operations Manager and someone else from upper management. The questions I was asked were directed more toward finding out more about me, what skills I have that qualify me for the position, and my past experience and how those skills were developed. I wasn't asked about why I had left my previous positions, which I appreciated.

Several days after the initial interview, I received another email asking if I could come in for a second interview. Of course I did, and went in a few days later. This time, the Operations Manager had me sit down with the four Production Managers in their office, as well as herself. The managers took turns asking similar questions as in the first interview, with others that were aimed at getting to know me and my character. One of the managers gave me a five-digit number to memorize. She asked me later in the interview what the number was, which I was able to recall. They were very friendly and I was able to get some laughs out of them. It was a very comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Audio Visual Technician III Interview

Audio Visual Technician III
Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AVI-SPL in January 2013.

Interview Details – My interview experience was fairly stress free. I had 2 interviews. One was with the Operations Manager, and the second was with the Full management team. The first interview was conducted face to face. The second was conducted via Video Conference.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked. Everything was straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the pay that I asked for.

AV Designer Interview

AV Designer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at AVI-SPL in December 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through a third party job placement company
Had several phone interviews
Submitted answers to company questions
I was working overseas and the manager insisted that a personal interview was needed to complete the selection
Traveled to California at my own expense and sat in on a three hour interview, no issues were raised about my qualifications
After several weeks of no response from the company I received an email from the job placement company stating that I was not fully qualified in two areas and therefor not hired
Both areas were on my resume and mentioned in my interviews and no concerns were mentioned

Interview Question – What do I consider my worse qualities.   Answer Question

Corporate Video Specialist Interview

Corporate Video Specialist
Midland, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at AVI-SPL in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email by an administrative assistant of one of the managers. They were flexible with scheduling a face to face interview. When I arrived I was kind of overwhelmed by the number of people in the interview (5) and the fact that some of them came and left at the interview went on. It made me think that not everyone was committed to the process.

Interview Question – The most unexpected questions I was asked were about my personal experience of being a female who does a job usually performed by males.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Audio Video Tech I Interview

Audio Video Tech I

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AVI-SPL in April 2010.

Interview Details – Was like a mill. Had me come in for about five minutes and offered a position I had not applied for that was actually below my skill set. I needed a job so I took it. Made a lot of promises which of course they did not keep.

Interview Question – They did not ask questions about my qualifications or experience. All they did was sell me on how great it was to work for them. The only question I do recall was if I was open to working outside of the city and I told them I had a car.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. They offered what I expected so I didn't haggle. I would say if you accept an offer and it is not what you want tell them you aren't interested and they will up it. This company has a very high turnover rate and they try to make you think you aren't worth anything. People who turned down offers were always offered more when they could not fill positions. Also, do not the job if all they want to offer you is freelance with the promise of getting a permanent job later. You will never get it. They are just using you to fill space until they can find someone else for the permanent job.

Worked for AVI-SPL? Contribute to the Community!