AVT

Profile Unclaimed

AVT Interview Questions

2.3

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AVT in November 2012.

I submitted my application via the AVT website (administered by silkroad.com) and was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke briefly, then she called me back to schedule an interview with the property director. After meeting with him, I was contacted again by the recruiter to let me know that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a past business relationship with an individual who is now also an AVT employee. I was a bit taken aback by the question because I was unsure of the interviewer's reason for asking it.   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AVT in October 2012.

Applied via an ad on Monster.co.uk
    Contacted by the CEO within 24hrs for interview with himself (which surprised me)
    Arranged an interview with him driectly within 3 days; at my convenience - late one evening after work so no working time or holidays lost - extremely flexible. Asked me to complete a personality test, which later on he told me was to "weed out the self-promoters!"
    Met with the CEO, and was very impressed. A very frank interview - I asked some insightful questions and the CEO was extremely impressed.
    Interview was scheduled for 1hr, but lasted almost 3 - by which time we needed to arrange food and decided to call it a night and get home.
    On the way out the CEO told me I was perfect for the role - told me there would be another panel interview with two other Directors - gave me a company USB stick (with case studies and some very detailed information about how they worked) and told me to learn what was on it ; that it would help me in the next stage - which he led me to believe was just a formality. We honestly got on very well.
    Then; before leading; he volunteered to show me the factory including some of the projects we had talked about. Looked amazing. I came away from the interview thinking I was in; I was extremely interested and excited for the role.
    Followed up with a courtesy email 3 days later - no response.
    Called 6 and 10 days later; no repsonse to either message.
    Emailed 17 days later; got a 3 liner email reply saying that his competitor's Contract Manager approached him and he offered the role to him on the spot - and hoped that I understood.

I was utterly flabbergasted and extremely frustrated to say the least!
    I sent a long email thanking him for his time, stating my understanding and acceptance, but that should there be any other opportunities for me; please let me know/keep me in mind. I genuinely expected & wanted a response

It's been 9 months - no response.
    Very frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do/say if we were in a meeting with a client and they requested a 25% reduction in price within 5 minutes or they were going to cancel the contract and leave?   Answer Question

Manager of Event Production Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AVT in February 2012.

Interviewer did not bother to read my resume and did not seem to want to discuss the position that I applied for with me at all. He seemed bored and like he already had someone for the position selected... Talking to me was just a formality.