AVT

Very Easy Interview

Contract Manager Interview

Contract Manager
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AVT in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via an ad on Monster.co.uk
Contacted by the CEO within 24hrs for interview with himself (which surprised me)
Arranged an interview with him driectly within 3 days; at my convenience - late one evening after work so no working time or holidays lost - extremely flexible. Asked me to complete a personality test, which later on he told me was to "weed out the self-promoters!"
Met with the CEO, and was very impressed. A very frank interview - I asked some insightful questions and the CEO was extremely impressed.
Interview was scheduled for 1hr, but lasted almost 3 - by which time we needed to arrange food and decided to call it a night and get home.
On the way out the CEO told me I was perfect for the role - told me there would be another panel interview with two other Directors - gave me a company USB stick (with case studies and some very detailed information about how they worked) and told me to learn what was on it ; that it would help me in the next stage - which he led me to believe was just a formality. We honestly got on very well.
Then; before leading; he volunteered to show me the factory including some of the projects we had talked about. Looked amazing. I came away from the interview thinking I was in; I was extremely interested and excited for the role.
Followed up with a courtesy email 3 days later - no response.
Called 6 and 10 days later; no repsonse to either message.
Emailed 17 days later; got a 3 liner email reply saying that his competitor's Contract Manager approached him and he offered the role to him on the spot - and hoped that I understood.

I was utterly flabbergasted and extremely frustrated to say the least!
I sent a long email thanking him for his time, stating my understanding and acceptance, but that should there be any other opportunities for me; please let me know/keep me in mind. I genuinely expected & wanted a response

It's been 9 months - no response.
Very frustrating.

Interview Question – What would you do/say if we were in a meeting with a client and they requested a 25% reduction in price within 5 minutes or they were going to cancel the contract and leave?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AVT in November 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my application via the AVT website (administered by silkroad.com) and was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke briefly, then she called me back to schedule an interview with the property director. After meeting with him, I was contacted again by the recruiter to let me know that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Question – I was asked about a past business relationship with an individual who is now also an AVT employee. I was a bit taken aback by the question because I was unsure of the interviewer's reason for asking it.   Answer Question

Manager of Event Production Interview

Manager of Event Production

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AVT in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewer did not bother to read my resume and did not seem to want to discuss the position that I applied for with me at all. He seemed bored and like he already had someone for the position selected... Talking to me was just a formality.

Interview Questions

Worked for AVT? Contribute to the Community!