AVX Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AVX in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by AVX's CTO by email. After the introduction through the email, I had a phone interview with the CTO. The CTO expressed interest and asked me to have a face to face interview with his team at the Greenville facility and I agreed. The HR administrator then reached out to me to schedule my arrangements. Everything seemed fine and I decided to drive down from Northern Va to the Greenville Facility. When I checked into the hotel the clerk charged my credit card for the room. AVX had not given their charge code authorization for the room. I didn't think much of it and I assumed I would be reimbursed.

The interview was pretty standard. Everyone seemed nice but they made it a point to emphasize that they had 1 billion dollars in cash in the bank and they were in acquisition mode. The senior management also made comments about how they were hard to work for at times and that most of the senior management had been with the company for over 20 years.

They also expressed concern over the number of companies I have worked for over the years. (I believe this is one of the factors on why I didn't get an offer besides current salary level) Most of the companies I have worked for have transitioned their manufacturing to MX. So if I would have stayed, I would have been laid off.

The interview lasted for 5hrs.

After returning home I filed my paperwork for reimbursement. This process started in October. The reimbursement owned to me was over $800. The only things I wanted to be reimbursed for was mileage to and from and the hotel charge. After 2 months of sending emails to the HR administrator and the VP of HR (who didn't even respond to my email) I decided to escalate the conversation to the CTO that had originally emailed me. He was quick to ask for status and he received a response quickly. I received my check for reimbursement in mid December and it was $300 dollars short. They only paid for mileage one way. I learned a couple of things from my interactions with the AVX group, time in service at one job doesn't mean that you are good at your job and AVX can be underhanded in their dealings. Beware

Interview Questions

• For this team it was " Why did you job hop so much?"   1 Answer

Ceramic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AVX in February 2014.

Interview

It was great. I met them in the facility in a conference room on a Monday. There were three people in the room with me. Plant manager, engineering manager, and HR manager. We chit chatted. Later that week they came and took me out for beer in my hometown. It was a good experience. Very slow moving though and overall process took several months to get offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about fundamental theory of ceramic tape casting.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AVX (Greenville, SC).

Interview

It actually took them 3 months to make the offer. I had 6 phone interviews and then 4 back to back interviews in one day that took over 4 hours of my time. In the end, I was interviewed 11 times.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AVX (Biddeford, ME) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy.
    I met with who became my supervisor. The questions we pretty generic.
    The hiring process was lengthy. There is a lot of training, and extensive HR documentation you have to go through.