AWEA Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at AWEA

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AWEA (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a VP in the regulatory affairs team, then a follow up in-person interview with the same VP, the director for environmental permitting, and their senior counsel. I already interned their previously during law school, so I had an active rapport with senior counsel. Despite being a panel interview, they were all very personable.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very geared toward the job description that was listed on their website. The job involves leading a steering committee so there was a focus on managing conflict among members of the committee. Included were questions on my ability to pick up new material quickly (I have little wildlife experience but that is a substantial portion of their work in regulatory affairs) and ability to understand scientific findings in a regulatory context.   1 Answer

Legal Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AWEA (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was very simple, one round with the senior counsel. He is mostly interested in your passion towards environmental law/energy law/wildlife law. He himself is a big fan of wildlife law.