AXA Advisors

Average Difficulty
89 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – There is a detailed, three interview long process involved however there are very few standard interview questions. The interviews are to see if you are personable and can hold a conversation beyond a simple "How was your weekend" question. The job requires an outgoing, "type A" personality, so if you're quiet and reserved, it may not be the position for you.

Interview Question – Background & Credit Check. No drug test   View Answer

Clayton, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2014.

Interview Details – They were quick to call after submitting my resume. The interview was with Vice President of the Company. Went over training and what happens after training. Answered all questions and was honest about it being a job that if you want to make money you have to work hard.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. The interview was more of the applicant asking questions to see if it is a good fit.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details – They do not hire you until you complete all the necessary license requirements including the Series 7 and 66 licenses. You work to obtain the licenses but with no guarantee that you will be employed at AXA.

Interview Question – There were no questions really. They are just looking for individuals that will go through the grind of obtaining licenses for 9 months without pay.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – 6 month prepare for 3 licenses, no basic salary, need find your owe clients, reimbursement only apply after your full time contract signed, and you need to wait 3 month to get those money, retention rate is about 10% for the first 4 yrs

Columbia, MD

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a career fair through my university. They immediately asked if I would be interested in interviewing. I had three in-person interviews where I met a few members of the team and individuals at various levels. For the final interview I had to prepare a written proposal for my approach to selling their products.

Interview Question – How will you schedule your time each day?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The commission based salary was not appealing to me.

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a campus interview. There were two interviewers but only one of them was asking questions in most of time. There were several behavioral questions, e.g. leadership. They talked about their work and told me that this position is all depending on how I work. There's no based salaries. At the end of the interview they told me the next process would be in NYC but I had never heard from them.

Interview Question – Why do you prefer this position instead of accounting positions.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Went through 3 rounds of interviews, all face to face. First one was a basic interview to get to know more about the applicant. The second one was more about the job and duties and what will your training will be like. The last interview was about scheduling your licensing and such.

Interview Question – An example that you have failed and figured a way to turn it into a success.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have not declined or accepted yet, still considering the offer.

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details – I first applied through my school's career website. Shortly after, I received a phone call from the company, and this is just your basic screening. The next step was the first face-to-face interview, which consists of a basic overview of the job and necessary training/licensing. Following the interview, we set up a second face-to-face for the next week to go into more detail of how your first year(s) would go. If you impress in both interviews, they will offer to start training you. It seems like a very nice work environment, with a "family" feel to it. During the interviews, they did not hide that the first year is a tough, uphill battle that will take a lot of hard work to start making money. This is a job with a high (almost unlimited) ceiling for those that perform well, or it will be one with a low floor and early exit if its not the job for you.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Interview was more of a job and training overview, and at the end, there were a handful of basic personality questions that did not seem to hold much weight in their evaluation of you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not decline, but I did not accept either. I am currently working to see if this is the right job for me.

Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted shortly after applying through my university. I came in for an initial interview where I met with the Managing Director. He then wanted me to come up with a marketing plan and return for a follow-up interview the next week. I created my plan, but it was not what he was looking for and told me to come up with AT LEAST 100 people who could be prospective clients and then come back again.

Interview Question – How would you deal with the rejection you would be faced with when first starting out in a financial advisor's position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2012.

Interview Details – Brought you in, wanted to see if you can sell.

Interview Question – Can you sell.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – didn't like the job

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors Financial Advisor interview questions and advice. All 89 interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees and interview candidates.