AXA Advisors

AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

After having a phone interview and a webinar, they finally scheduled an in-person interview. The position requires a lot of preparation with them not able to pay/hire you until you completed several tests and acquire several licenses. The job stresses on having you find your own clients and managing your own sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're capable of doing this job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

They called to set up a phone interview. Initial call took 5 minutes and the point is to set up a 15 minute follow up. I applied off of LinkedIn. They seem to be wanting fresh people for the industry. It may be a great way to obtain a series 7. I will post more of an update next week after the follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• General availability. they called less than a week of applying off of LinkedIn   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

One on one interview with VP. The interviewer was very personable. Straightforward questions about why you want to be an adviser and why you will be successful. Beware, a lot of hidden costs they do not spell out to you. Ask questions. You earn the highest commissions on insurance products. They say they will not push these insurance products on your clients... Doubtful. They are salesmen, selling their company to you. Keep that in mind.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. the first was just to get to know the VP of the department. the second was giving some information about the company, culture and day in the life of the position. the third involved you coming up with a business marketing plan to see how you would obtain clients.

Interview Questions

• why did you pick AXA? what do you hope to accomplish with our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for Financial Advisor role. Ended up being a retirement fund sales job. Was told it would be a 12 hour a day job sitting by phone and calling people, setting up meetings, etc. Was not what I wanted to do. Person I interviewed with told me to interview in other financial companies first and then come back to him (strange). Never called him back.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

3 rounds until decision is made. First round: casual and is a 30-60 min session of getting to know why you want to work for AXA. Second Round: more informative and lays out the structure of pay and how one can be successful at the company. Third Round, meet with the branch manager and make a short business plan on how you will be successful at AXA (most of this comes from the second interview--so take notes if you want to do well).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you like sales? How do you handle rejection (sales based)?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Pretty sure it's a three interview process. Went in for the first interview with the vp of the office. He didn't ask many questions, we were just going over the logistics of the job, a lot of cold calling to create your cliental base. For the second interview he was going to give me a packet of information and wanted me to bring in a business proposal on how to get more clients. He invited me for the second interview but I declined.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone call, then three in-person interviews to make sure you are a competent public speaker and self-starter. They really just want to make sure you wont give up as soon as you start.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I met one of the managers at a college career fair and gave him my resume. I was called the following week for an interview. It was more of an info session and the only question he asked was if I had any questions. He invited me back for an interview with the branch manager. This interview was more of an interview and he asked me questions about sales and why I would want this job. He also provided me with more information about the training program and compensation. The training program was not very extensive and they would be paying you minimum wage for the duration of it. The starting salary was also very low once you get past training.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Introduced to the company through a career fair, very positive environment. First round of interviews through a phone call: very personal and a surprising amount of depth. Made it to second round off of interview. Ultimately decided not to go with company, but the process was honest and inviting, making me consider the position much more than I normally would have

Interview Questions

• "We can teach you finance, but we can't teach you values. What are the most important values that you live and work by? Would your family and peers agree with you when I ask them?"   Answer Question