AXA Advisors

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.4

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2010.

The interview started out like a typical interview with questions about my background, experience & personality. Later on the interviewer started asking questions about what my parents did for a living and what my wife did. The guy used this information to try and 'sell' me the job and tell me why it was a great fit. That kind of tipped me off that this wasn't what I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

The interview process was not a long process. I had previous work experience with success in those positions and prior academic. This provided a basis on which to evaluate my experience. The interview consisted of a screening interview. From that point there was an additional one-on-one interview with the manager. I then had an interview with the branch manager and manager together. After that, an offer was extended.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Had 3 interviews each of them they were weeding out a pool of people to end up selecting 2.

First Interview was the basic get to know you getting to know the company and why I want to be in this line of work. I was called back for a second where we discussed the program and the compensation. Also discussed how we approach clients and personal experiences with the firm

Was called back for a third interview where I was told to think of a target market I would go to if I was hired and then I met with the Branch Head. He was a very smart individual who liked truthful answers and not the typical responses. I was offered the position a week later now I am in the licensing portion before I become on contract with the firm

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all really standard only question you need to really consider is where do you see yourself in 5 years. Be as detailed as possible   Answer Question
    Your just about on Commission from day 1 so for those who don't have a nest egg to start your own practice dont consider AXA. You pay for your licensing about (800) which get reimbursed to you 70% once you pass all the exams.

From there you get paid several weeks a salary while your in a product training program. Once you pass this process you would be offered either commission+B (reduced commission of course) or Commission. Either way every year your salary gets reduced and your commission payout increases. Then one the 3rd year your salary goes away and your on full commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

I completed about four interviews before I accepted the position. The first two were the basics (tell me about yourself, what is your background, etc.) The third one discussed salary and more specifics. And the fourth was to answer questions I may have had and to offer me position. Nothing was too difficult or hard to answer - very generic.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. It was your basic interview questions   Answer Question
    When I was asked about salary they provided me with 3 options and said we will discuss them further. After I accepted the position and went through the training phase (4 weeks in front of a computer) the salary disappeared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

There were four interviews. The first interview was more of an introduction of the company and was asked all of the basic interview questions. The second interview was a description of the position that I have applied for. The third interview we went over the compensation. The fourth interview we went over the exam process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you found something difficult and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

3 interviews. District Manger selling you on unlimited earnings potential.

Interview Questions
    • You need to prepare a one page business plan on how you will acquire clients   Answer Question
    It's a 100% commission so nothing to negotiate here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

This is a drawn out process...at least three interviews. Relatively low pressure interview style. Get the impression that employees are DEFINITELY expected to connect to their natural market (meaning...call your friends and family). Advisors were friendly, and the office seems pretty busy.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, AXA did not ask unexpected questions. The process was almost too easy, which makes me nervous.   Answer Question
    Must show why you add value or are worth more than "Joe" down the hall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2012.

Applied through school's career website, was then contacted over the phone by AXA representative. Then scheduled a time for interview. It was a group interview. Basic questions asked, etc. It is really nothing to worry about. Just do your research. Know what the company does, and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are really basic. Like "what do you want to get out of this internship" etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2013.

Went for the first interview, most what the executive spoke was about the company and how it handled business, also asked about my past, present and future goals. they were mostly considering individuals who wanted to grow their own book, thru referals, organizing events, etc... looks like a great company but not interested in starting again from scratch.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straight forward, didnt have any tricky questions   Answer Question

Didnt want to make a book of business

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2013.

Wanted to get to know you not your resume to see if you're a good fit. After about 2 interviews they wanted me to meet with a managing person and present to them a business plan on how I would approach personal contacts to eventually bring them in as clients. I wasn't comfortable giving them all the details of my personal contacts (even though they said they wouldn't use them, still didn't feel right) so I canceled my next interview. Felt somewhat like an industry where i'd be used for my connections then tossed into the pool to sink or swim. (they said they had a great program that would teach you, but I don't think I was too sold)

Interview Questions
    • They just want to know who you are and if you'd be a great fit for the position. I think the hardest is listing off the top of your head about 3 contacts you would be able to bring to the firm. Dealing with how much information you're willing to provide without giving them the upper hand in using your contacts.   Answer Question