AXA Advisors

AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. First interview was on campus - talking more about the role and what I'd be doing. The second interview was more formal setting with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted over LinkedIn, met with a senior advisor. Talked about how much money you can make if you work hard, etc. Normal for this business.

However, never talked about how they can help a beginner get the ball rolling. Why take entry level people if you don't intend on teaching them how to prospect?

Interview Questions

• How do you build a book of business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very short first interview. It was mainly informational about the company, what they stand for, and the position itself. It is a very entrepreneurial position, with the potential to make probably a decent salary after a few months of training and very long hours at work. It is more for a person with plenty of free time, and great determination.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Wellesley, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me, went over the licensing process. Came in a few days later for first interview, again a week or two later to meet the VP and then an offer was made about a week later. After I accepted, the recruiter began going more in depth about my timeline for being fully licensed, their in house training program and when I can expect to be out in the field meeting clients and making connections.

Interview Questions

• Are you self motivated, are you personable etc
      Typical interview questions

1 Answer
    • /Are you a friendly, what do you like to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is not much negotiating of salary since it is mostly a sales position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Two in-house interviews. Interview questions were very straightforward, nothing out of the norm. First interview was more focused on interviewer explaining more about Axa and its products. In the second interview I was asked to present a business plan in regards to what my target market would be and how I was going to meet the initial commission hurdle

Interview Questions

• How does Axa's products differ in respect to those of big investment banks such B of A?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

3 mins only. Spoke to a VP. Sales only. He is honest and said sales depends on personality. He said he is not good at numbers and would like to communicate. We did not waster our time, which is good, except the time I went there.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbury, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Originally, I was told the interview process was in three parts but it was abbreviated to two. My point of contact was a mentor that I would work with, if I was to join the firm. Meeting first with my potential mentor and an intern, I then met again with my mentor and the marketing specialist. My third meeting was to be with branch management, but that was eliminated to expedite the process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First spoke on the phone briefly to schedule an interview. Currently on the second interview which is in a week. The first interview was pretty straight forward and it went well. I told the vice president my ideas and about myself.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask any. We just had a conversation to get to know each other, the company, and position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

Who in your family or friends has money? If none, how good are you at cold calling and being an entrepreneur. The interview was really more of management selling me on why I should work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had the option to work on 100% commission or 50% commission and a very small base salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Interview

Initial communications were by phone and email and I scheduled an interview in early January. The first interview was kind of a screening to make sure that you are well-dressed and gives you an overview of the position. They asked some questions related to work ethic, what I knew about sales, and what I thought of the position. They explained the broad aspects of the position and gave me a background check form that they would review before I was called in again.

The second interview was more in-depth and they explained the training process, support structure, contract options, and the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but they want to know that you have the potential to succeed in a role based mostly on commission.   Answer Question

This particular office gave me the feeling of a pyramid scheme and that I would not reap the total benefits of my work.