AXA Advisors

Average Difficulty
89 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Initial interview was very pleasant. Straightforward about the process and requirements.

Interview Question – How to you currently get clients?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Usually, there are a series of interviews. I believe at least 3 or 4. The 1st is more of a get to know you and what you are about. The 2nd give more details on the company of it commissions/ salary payout. 3rd you meet with site Management. 4th you meet with the supervisor of the career path you choose. For instance, you can choose between traditional and retirement benefits. One focuses on the any and everyone while the other focuses on the school system (teachers and staff).

Interview Question – What motivates you to seek out work in this particular profession?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Branch manager is great and interview is about seeing if you have a good chance of being successful there (if you're outgoing, have good network to tap into, are willing to learn).

Interview Question – Manager is very easy going & personable, so it wasn't too tough.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2013.

Interview Details – Not very difficult. The hiring manager just wanted to make sure I was easy to talk to and some some relevant experience in the field of finance

Interview Question – How will you grow your book of business   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – - Did not ask many questions, just explained the role and requirements. Did not feel like a formal interview
- Very high turnover rate so interviews are held throughout the year
- Multiple interviews are held just for show, to build attachment to the job offer and build credibility
- No formal HR recruiting team, other AXA Advisors will recruit for their own teams

- Very vague description of the job especially pay structure

Interview Question – None, the interview wasn't behavioral or technical at all. They sell you on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – -You will make no money until you've passed all your exams and made sales through cold calling.
-Exam fees are paid from your own pocket until you've made all the requirements and are then reimbursed.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2013.

Interview Details – Received an initial phone call from one of the vice presidents., upon which he held an initial per-screening of my interest and qualifications. From there we set up an in person interview in his office. The first interview is your basic fit and expectations question and answer conversation.

If they like you enough you will be asked to submit to a background check. Once that is cleared you will come in for a final interview with the VP that interviewed you and one of the three executives at the branch. You will be asked to present your business plan and talk about what your market is and how you plan on approaching the business. This interview is a lot more job specific.

They will then take a couple days to review your candidacy with the rest of the VP's. Once that is complete they will let you know of their decision.

Interview Question – Just make sure you are prepared to present a detailed business plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase,. You are start on per-contract, which is a commission only time period where you work towards certain incentives.

New York, NY

I interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2013.

Interview Details – Wanted to get to know you not your resume to see if you're a good fit. After about 2 interviews they wanted me to meet with a managing person and present to them a business plan on how I would approach personal contacts to eventually bring them in as clients. I wasn't comfortable giving them all the details of my personal contacts (even though they said they wouldn't use them, still didn't feel right) so I canceled my next interview. Felt somewhat like an industry where i'd be used for my connections then tossed into the pool to sink or swim. (they said they had a great program that would teach you, but I don't think I was too sold)

Interview Question – They just want to know who you are and if you'd be a great fit for the position. I think the hardest is listing off the top of your head about 3 contacts you would be able to bring to the firm. Dealing with how much information you're willing to provide without giving them the upper hand in using your contacts.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details – I found this job opening on school recruiting website and there were a phone interview, and then two in person interviews. They expected you to know Morningstar well or have any related investment research experience.

Interview Question – How do you earn trust from others   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – My experience included an interview at a job fair, a phone interview, and then two in person interviews. For the final interview I was asked to prepare a business plan.

Interview Question – What are your hobbies?   View Answer

Financial Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – pretty straightforward, first a phone call, then in person interview with no unexpected questions. They are selling their jobs as much as you are selling yourself.

Reason for Declining – I am still considering it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors