AXA Advisors

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.3

103 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

I first applied through my school's career website. Shortly after, I received a phone call from the company, and this is just your basic screening. The next step was the first face-to-face interview, which consists of a basic overview of the job and necessary training/licensing. Following the interview, we set up a second face-to-face for the next week to go into more detail of how your first year(s) would go. If you impress in both interviews, they will offer to start training you. It seems like a very nice work environment, with a "family" feel to it. During the interviews, they did not hide that the first year is a tough, uphill battle that will take a lot of hard work to start making money. This is a job with a high (almost unlimited) ceiling for those that perform well, or it will be one with a low floor and early exit if its not the job for you.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. Interview was more of a job and training overview, and at the end, there were a handful of basic personality questions that did not seem to hold much weight in their evaluation of you.   Answer Question

Did not decline, but I did not accept either. I am currently working to see if this is the right job for me.

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2014.

It was a campus interview. There were two interviewers but only one of them was asking questions in most of time. There were several behavioral questions, e.g. leadership. They talked about their work and told me that this position is all depending on how I work. There's no based salaries. At the end of the interview they told me the next process would be in NYC but I had never heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you prefer this position instead of accounting positions.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Very easy going, just the location manager and me in his office. Mostly consisted of him explaining the products and services of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Mostly personality questions, they want to know if you want to sell products all day. 4 stage interview, no hard questions throughout any of the stages. They just want to see if you keep coming back for interviews. All smoke and mirros during the process where the hiring manager tempts you with the one success story within the industry and how good and highly ranked his team is.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just say you are willing to work 80 hours a week and want to make a lot of money. Use them for the Series 7 and leave. You will be viewed negatively in the industry if you work for AXA. I know all this through hindsight.   View Answer
    No negotiation. It is a commission only job. Or a very small salary that they tell you is around 45k, but in reality is 2k a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Multiple step interview process really detailed the position and expectations. They said it would be hard and it was but they also talked about the benefits of the position too. They first went through the things they help clients with, then showed what they actually discuss with their clients in meetings and finally talked about the compensation potential which is huge!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have faced rejection and outline how you handled it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Consisted of 4 interviews (1 on the phone). You have the opportunity to interview with a couple different members of the management team as well as a senior parter of the firm and also a younger associate so you get different perspectives.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you questions about how you approach building your business as a financial adviser. They like seeing individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Started with an email, in which i responded to. It was followed up by a 15 minutes phone call. Then there were 3 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and why you would be good for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2014.

Was contacted shortly after applying through my university. I came in for an initial interview where I met with the Managing Director. He then wanted me to come up with a marketing plan and return for a follow-up interview the next week. I created my plan, but it was not what he was looking for and told me to come up with AT LEAST 100 people who could be prospective clients and then come back again.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with the rejection you would be faced with when first starting out in a financial advisor's position?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Screened through on-campus recruiting. Next round consisted of an office visit / phone interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Found them through an on campus job link. Received a phone call shortly after, asking me to do a phone interview or come in to the office. Since they were not willing to pay for travel. I did a phone interview. After phone interview, I was called and asked to do the 2nd round which was presenting a business plan on skype. Since I do not want to get into financial sales. the interview process ended here.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult, very general questions.
      Example of Customer Service, working well with others?

Answer Question

I did not want to get into financial sales. Plus have to do all the certifications and exams before you get paid.