AXA Advisors

2.3

106 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2014.

Was contacted shortly after applying through my university. I came in for an initial interview where I met with the Managing Director. He then wanted me to come up with a marketing plan and return for a follow-up interview the next week. I created my plan, but it was not what he was looking for and told me to come up with AT LEAST 100 people who could be prospective clients and then come back again.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with the rejection you would be faced with when first starting out in a financial advisor's position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Screened through on-campus recruiting. Next round consisted of an office visit / phone interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Found them through an on campus job link. Received a phone call shortly after, asking me to do a phone interview or come in to the office. Since they were not willing to pay for travel. I did a phone interview. After phone interview, I was called and asked to do the 2nd round which was presenting a business plan on skype. Since I do not want to get into financial sales. the interview process ended here.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult, very general questions.
      Example of Customer Service, working well with others?

Answer Question

I did not want to get into financial sales. Plus have to do all the certifications and exams before you get paid.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Initial interview was very pleasant. Straightforward about the process and requirements.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Usually, there are a series of interviews. I believe at least 3 or 4. The 1st is more of a get to know you and what you are about. The 2nd give more details on the company of it commissions/ salary payout. 3rd you meet with site Management. 4th you meet with the supervisor of the career path you choose. For instance, you can choose between traditional and retirement benefits. One focuses on the any and everyone while the other focuses on the school system (teachers and staff).

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you to seek out work in this particular profession?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Branch manager is great and interview is about seeing if you have a good chance of being successful there (if you're outgoing, have good network to tap into, are willing to learn).

Interview Questions
    • Manager is very easy going & personable, so it wasn't too tough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2014.

I met with the VP three times. The first time was a sit down social meeting. He asked a few things about me from my resume and where I'm from. He was just trying to see if I was coachable and willing to put in the work to be successful. Then he went into explaining the business and the requirements. The second time he spent time explaining, on a dry erase board, the average hours typically put in one week. Next, he went over the license requirements, which they don't reimburse for the life and health exam you'll be required to take. They do for series 7, but that's if you make it. Anyway, the third time was the most unorthodox to me. He wanted me to come in with a list of leads. We discussed why he should hire me. He went through the commission compensation process. At the end he told me how to get study materials for life and health and how to register for the test (that you pay out of pocket). I asked him how long it typically takes to study, he says about a week (30-40 hrs). So I told him I'd let him know when I pass the test, and that was that. It's been about a week because I'm waiting on the study guide to come in. Then another week of studying and schedule the exam a week later. Based on other reviews of candidates going through the same process, after life and health exam there is the preliminary employment agreement, which means your not contracted but your an agreement to be contracted if you make it through the next 6 months. And, again, from other's experience that 6 months is grueling, cold-calling, quota-making, working your butt off kind of 6 months. Some say 50-60 hrs (even my VP said this) a week. A big network book at hand already is big advantage. I recommend networking events in your area or networking clubs (i.e. BNI). Anyway, also during that 6 months your studying for your series 7 because you don't get contracted until you get that license. And thats a 6-8 weeks studying period. From what I've read there is a quota to be made in the PEA (6mo) and it's 3,000 PCs?? not sure what PCs are exactly but they're something to do with how much commission you need to make, which most of the time starting off your splitting with your management because they are mentoring you and have to do your meetings because you don't know how exactly yet. So double the 3,000. Oh and if you don't get it, then you don't get contracted. Also, something like a 75-100 client base. So there are perks but it seems it definitely takes hard work to obtain them. Some things I question, that I've also read experiences about, is the manager that is saying he's willing to do your meetings for you (my VP said he'd do the 6 months for free but I'm feeling shadiness from it) at split commission is busy too. How is that manager going to have time for your meetings if they have their own meetings all day everyday. So you basically have to figure out your bosses schedule before you can make yours. Some suggestions are to make friends with every manager in the office and make deals for splitting commission because that's they only way they'll help you. I'm not sure why my VP offers to mentor me for free but I feel like it's something that will benefit him in the long run. Not sure if he's getting commission from these respective clients forever from this 6 month period. I also forgot to mention that usually the 6 months PEA is the RGB portion of the process. Basically, your selling retirement packages to faculty in schools around your area. Hence, a lot of driving around/ hard sales. However, I don't think this is the case for me because my VP interviewer has hardly talked about that and has focused our conversation on the leads I have and how I pitched to them about entering the market and gaining their trust. So there's my rant on what I've been through with AXA so far. I think it's a good company to start a career but it seems like the rookie stages are some cut throat rough stuff. But I've been unemployed since out of college (like 9 months) and this is an enticing opportunity. Mainly, because I get skeptical of the companies I interview. I do as well with AXA but there comes a point where your not going to know for yourself until you try it or start somewhere. I think my number one drive is not failing at it, so I'm determined to make it through the first year and the series 7 (that's the main goal).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2014.

The interview itself was fairly easy. I met one-on-one with an upper level management position who was pretty laid back. He asked a lot of questions to see if you are right for this type of job. The job was not really what I expected as it is almost all sales, and if you don't know people you fail. I declined a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific time when you were really competitive.
      How do you deal with rejection?

Answer Question

They offered a second interview, but I decided not to go. You have to take licensing exams and pay for them out of pocket, all while not getting paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in November 2013.

Interview process was long and arduous. Began with a quick phone interview followed by a long, 30 minute phone interview. After both of those I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. Was then asked back two different times until I dropped out of the process because I was frustrated with having to come back so many different times without any indication to salary of the job or if I was close to being offered anything. Each time I had to drive all the way to the office as well, which was over thirty minutes for me. My interviewer was very nice however, but sugar-coated what I would be doing, which was mostly cold-calling.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were not difficult, the interviewer made it clear that there was a long training process so no experience was required. Therefore, they most just asked basic questions like "tell me about yourself" etc. and just wanted to make sure you were someone who was eager and very personable. They also in the second interview have you talk to two different advisors in order for you to better understand the position and for other people in the company to be able to approve of you basically.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

- Did not ask many questions, just explained the role and requirements. Did not feel like a formal interview
    - Very high turnover rate so interviews are held throughout the year
    - Multiple interviews are held just for show, to build attachment to the job offer and build credibility
    - No formal HR recruiting team, other AXA Advisors will recruit for their own teams

- Very vague description of the job especially pay structure

Interview Questions
    • None, the interview wasn't behavioral or technical at all. They sell you on the job.   Answer Question
    -You will make no money until you've passed all your exams and made sales through cold calling.
    -Exam fees are paid from your own pocket until you've made all the requirements and are then reimbursed.