AXA Advisors

AXA Advisors Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

1st round was all behavior-based questions and very basic getting to know the interviewee on a personal level. 2nd round was similar but discussed job details and compensation. 3rd round is conference call with interviewer discussing more of the job and training.

Interview Questions

• Trying to keep up with the different potential paths was not easy.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

They do not hire you until you complete all the necessary license requirements including the Series 7 and 66 licenses. You work to obtain the licenses but with no guarantee that you will be employed at AXA.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions really. They are just looking for individuals that will go through the grind of obtaining licenses for 9 months without pay.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Irvine, CA).

Interview

6 month prepare for 3 licenses, no basic salary, need find your owe clients, reimbursement only apply after your full time contract signed, and you need to wait 3 month to get those money, retention rate is about 10% for the first 4 yrs

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Columbia, MD).

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair through my university. They immediately asked if I would be interested in interviewing. I had three in-person interviews where I met a few members of the team and individuals at various levels. For the final interview I had to prepare a written proposal for my approach to selling their products.

Interview Questions

The commission based salary was not appealing to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Mostly about the type of person you are. Important to show the spirit of an entrepreneur. Test you on your personality, and the amount of confidence you have in yourself Looking for leaders.

Interview Questions

• What is the average success rate of potential financial advisors?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interviews, all face to face. First one was a basic interview to get to know more about the applicant. The second one was more about the job and duties and what will your training will be like. The last interview was about scheduling your licensing and such.

Interview Questions

• An example that you have failed and figured a way to turn it into a success.   Answer Question

I have not declined or accepted yet, still considering the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Clayton, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

They were quick to call after submitting my resume. The interview was with Vice President of the Company. Went over training and what happens after training. Answered all questions and was honest about it being a job that if you want to make money you have to work hard.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. The interview was more of the applicant asking questions to see if it is a good fit.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I first applied through my school's career website. Shortly after, I received a phone call from the company, and this is just your basic screening. The next step was the first face-to-face interview, which consists of a basic overview of the job and necessary training/licensing. Following the interview, we set up a second face-to-face for the next week to go into more detail of how your first year(s) would go. If you impress in both interviews, they will offer to start training you. It seems like a very nice work environment, with a "family" feel to it. During the interviews, they did not hide that the first year is a tough, uphill battle that will take a lot of hard work to start making money. This is a job with a high (almost unlimited) ceiling for those that perform well, or it will be one with a low floor and early exit if its not the job for you.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Interview was more of a job and training overview, and at the end, there were a handful of basic personality questions that did not seem to hold much weight in their evaluation of you.   Answer Question

Did not decline, but I did not accept either. I am currently working to see if this is the right job for me.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2014.

Interview

It was a campus interview. There were two interviewers but only one of them was asking questions in most of time. There were several behavioral questions, e.g. leadership. They talked about their work and told me that this position is all depending on how I work. There's no based salaries. At the end of the interview they told me the next process would be in NYC but I had never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you prefer this position instead of accounting positions.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Very easy going, just the location manager and me in his office. Mostly consisted of him explaining the products and services of the company.