AXA Advisors

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Question – Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details – They initiated. Telephone interview followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Question – None really unexpected. Standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2010.

Interview Details – They pretend like it's a normal hiring process but really they can't wait to hire you.

Interview Question – Say whatever you want. They'll hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They try hard to get you to take it.

Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2013.

Interview Details – Four interview process:
1st interview was essentially a joke, they hardly asked me any questions about myself, mainly tried to "sell" me on the position. I may be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to sell yourself in an interview?
They then performed a background check and called me for a 2nd interview about 3 weeks later. I declined.
Interviewers seemed to be very well versed in the goals of their company, as I said, they tried to sell me on them.
Overall environment was very friendly.

Interview Question – All pretty straight-forward. They asked why I was interested in the financial services field.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was given a basic phone interview which consisted of an introduction of the company and what the position entails. When they asked me to come in for a 1-1 interview, I expected to be pitched about the position, which was actually a sales type job. But during the interview, the interviewer was up-front and didn't make any promises. He said it was a sales job that did require a lot of hard work (cold calling) and effort.

Interview Question – Mostly discussion about the position.   View Answer

Edison, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Interview Details – Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was rather surprised with how easy the interview process seemed to be for the job that they were advertising. I received a phone call from my resume being posted to a career site and answered a few questions about how I work and what I want out of a position. For round 2, I came in for a brief 1-on-1 with the general manager who wanted to just feel me out. Wasn't an intense process. More of a casual meet and greet. Then for round 3 I came in for an 1 1/2 hour presentation of who their company is and how they function. Included in that session was a 1-on-1 with a Sales manager who asked me about my work and educational history and why I wanted this job. I came back for a 4th session for which they had me prepare a short "what are you top priorities in a job" survey and build a list of potential clients to give me an idea of what a consultant would do. At that point, I knew I didn't want the job and made it clear to them. I didn't feel comfortable with their payment structure (small base + commission which evolves to only commission after 3 years.) As such, we mutually agreed that this wasn't the job for me. They were very cordial, honest, pleasant and forthright with everything and appreciated that I was also.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in the Financial Industry. What appealed to you?   View Answer

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was setup on the spot, so it didn't seem too hard to get. Very pushy about coming up for an office and all commission based.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the company?   Answer Question
  • Do you have friends and family in one of our locations? (Due to cold calls that have to be made)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't feel like it was a competitive position and recruiters were rude with follow-up email.

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was first brought into a room and asked various questions. Just the basic "are you fit for this position" type of questions coupled with the "tell me about yourself, 5 ways your friends would describe you, etc etc." The most relevant question to the job position was, "How would you first start gathering your client base?"

Interview Question – What was the last way you came out of your way to help someone.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wasn't very interested in a sales position, I just simply wanted to see their recruiting process.

Oak Brook, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2009.

Interview Details – I think I had two interviews. They took place over a two month period. There isn't much to plan for in regards to the interview. The process is really about them convincing you to get on board. They throw out a lot of baseless salary figures that attempt to get you drawn in. However, in the first 2 years these are unattainable. Ask for an average or a figure for the first two years and you will get "There's no limit or average, and that's the best part." That's the interviewer saying you will make right around $24,000 your first year of being on contract.

They talk about a salary that will help keep you afloat during the tough times at the beginning. They lightly mention that you have to attain 3,000 production credits or commission dollars and 15 contracts as I was in the RBG division. This is not a problem assuming you have friends and family in the teaching profession. For someone without a network, it can be quite difficult especially for someone moving from out of state to take this position.

They fail to mention that once the production threshold is attained you are at the discretion of your Manager to actually put you on contract. So depending on whether or not he met his new hire quota for the year he will "allow" you to go on contract. This will not be disclosed to you. Some have to wait a full six months to go on contract depending on when they passed their Series 7 Exam, even if your 3,000 PC 15 app requirement is met. For example, if you passed the series 7 in July and your manager has met his new hire quota, then he will want you to wait until January of the next year. Ask for a contract date in writing contigent on meeting your goal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It was non negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors Financial Consultant interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees and interview candidates.