AXA Advisors Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.3

Financial Consultant Interview

interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

I got an email from one of their financial consultants, saying they came across my resume. We scheduled a phone interview, and he started with the usual. Asked about coursework, background in finance, etc. One question that stood out was he asked about my social skills. I've been contacted by Prudential for a similar position, and they also asked about my networking skills. The other questions were mostly behavioral, such as "What is your best quality", "How would other people describe you" etc. Overall, it was alright but I wasn't interested in such a sales-oriented job.

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

First round is over the phone. Second Round: they give you a presentation ahead of time and you prepare it as if you were to present it to a client. After you've given your presentation, they will repeat it 100x better and then give you a couple minutes to prepare before they ask you to deliver it again with changes. Third round: meet more of the team/discuss logistics

Interview Questions
    • How did you think you did in the presentation? How would you have done it differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

I transmitted my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. Someone contacted me a month later. I did a first interview with a VP then a second with the Branch Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Before to proceed the interview they wanted to evaluate my ability to make connections and the potential of my network. So they ask me to make a list of all my contacts + to connect with institutions in order to add more people to my network. All this, Prior to receive an offer!   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Got a call the day after I submitted a resume through my university portal. The woman on the phone was very pleasant, and scheduled an interview for me. I showed up on the day of the interview about 15 minutes early - waited for about an hour. The interviewing manager never showed up, and the secretary didn't know where he was. I thought about reaching out to them afterwards to reschedule, but then I thought to myself, "do I even want to interview for a company like this" ? Needless to say, I never heard a thing from them since. High unprofessional conduct.

Interview Questions
    • Can't say, my hiring manager never made it to the appointment.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

They initiated. Telephone interview followed by two in-person interviews.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2013.

Not very long compared to others in the industry. As a side note the shorter the process the more new hires they go through.

Short, standard offering

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2013.

Four interview process:
    1st interview was essentially a joke, they hardly asked me any questions about myself, mainly tried to "sell" me on the position. I may be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to sell yourself in an interview?
    They then performed a background check and called me for a 2nd interview about 3 weeks later. I declined.
    Interviewers seemed to be very well versed in the goals of their company, as I said, they tried to sell me on them.
    Overall environment was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straight-forward. They asked why I was interested in the financial services field.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Ka-ho, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Ka-ho, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2013.

3 interviews.

first meeting was introduction to the company and my a little intro about me.
    second meeting was just asking question about the position and the company. Gives you a business plan guide to study.
    third meeting was about nothing

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Was given a basic phone interview which consisted of an introduction of the company and what the position entails. When they asked me to come in for a 1-1 interview, I expected to be pitched about the position, which was actually a sales type job. But during the interview, the interviewer was up-front and didn't make any promises. He said it was a sales job that did require a lot of hard work (cold calling) and effort.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2011.

Interview was setup on the spot, so it didn't seem too hard to get. Very pushy about coming up for an office and all commission based.

Interview Questions
    • What could you bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • Do you have friends and family in one of our locations? (Due to cold calls that have to be made)   Answer Question

Didn't feel like it was a competitive position and recruiters were rude with follow-up email.