AXA Advisors

AXA Advisors Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Buffalo, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Questions

• Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Interview

I got an email from one of their financial consultants, saying they came across my resume. We scheduled a phone interview, and he started with the usual. Asked about coursework, background in finance, etc. One question that stood out was he asked about my social skills. I've been contacted by Prudential for a similar position, and they also asked about my networking skills. The other questions were mostly behavioral, such as "What is your best quality", "How would other people describe you" etc. Overall, it was alright but I wasn't interested in such a sales-oriented job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First round is over the phone. Second Round: they give you a presentation ahead of time and you prepare it as if you were to present it to a client. After you've given your presentation, they will repeat it 100x better and then give you a couple minutes to prepare before they ask you to deliver it again with changes. Third round: meet more of the team/discuss logistics

Interview Questions

• How did you think you did in the presentation? How would you have done it differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Ka-ho, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors (Lake Ka-ho, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

3 interviews.

first meeting was introduction to the company and my a little intro about me.
    second meeting was just asking question about the position and the company. Gives you a business plan guide to study.
    third meeting was about nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (San Diego, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Met sales manager and went over position responsibilities. They asked questions about background, education, previous positions etc. They asked mostly typical interview questions, why should I hire you? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe a problem at work and how you resolved it.... etc. I had to take two personality tests as well. You have to sell an item of your choice to the sales manager for the second interview. They are looking to see how persuasive you are and if you are more of a listener who asks questions rather than talking too much. The third interview was with the EVP and they asked what I have done in my life. I answered concisely and to the point my life experiences, catering my presentation to the sales job at hand. It was clear it was a very high energy sales environment as one would guess in the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Describe a confrontation at work with co-worker or client and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard base salary with no wiggle room... This is a sales job, you make your own compensation.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2009.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by phone about 2 months later. Two interviews and if you're liked, you start. Must be confident and composed. Depends so much on the individual that you interview with because the advisors each seem to run their own small business. After that getting truly started is slow because it is a financial advisory job you must pass your life and health insurance exam, series 7 and series 66 to start making money.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is what you make of it. If you are up for the challenge and ready to work this job has its benefits.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2009.

Interview

I received a phone call because of a resume posted online, went into the office for approx. 3 meetings. Took and IQ test and Personality test, after the 3rd meeting I was offered the position, and began the testing process to obtain my financial lisencing.

Interview Questions

• Compile a list of 200 people that you know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no real salary since almost all of the compensation is a commission based comensation so there is not much of a negotiation that takes place.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was setup on the spot, so it didn't seem too hard to get. Very pushy about coming up for an office and all commission based.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • Do you have friends and family in one of our locations? (Due to cold calls that have to be made)   Answer Question

Didn't feel like it was a competitive position and recruiters were rude with follow-up email.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

I was rather surprised with how easy the interview process seemed to be for the job that they were advertising. I received a phone call from my resume being posted to a career site and answered a few questions about how I work and what I want out of a position. For round 2, I came in for a brief 1-on-1 with the general manager who wanted to just feel me out. Wasn't an intense process. More of a casual meet and greet. Then for round 3 I came in for an 1 1/2 hour presentation of who their company is and how they function. Included in that session was a 1-on-1 with a Sales manager who asked me about my work and educational history and why I wanted this job. I came back for a 4th session for which they had me prepare a short "what are you top priorities in a job" survey and build a list of potential clients to give me an idea of what a consultant would do. At that point, I knew I didn't want the job and made it clear to them. I didn't feel comfortable with their payment structure (small base + commission which evolves to only commission after 3 years.) As such, we mutually agreed that this wasn't the job for me. They were very cordial, honest, pleasant and forthright with everything and appreciated that I was also.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the Financial Industry. What appealed to you?   1 Answer