AXA Advisors

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details – They had a very quick hiring process. The interview was very brief and they asked many of the basic questions that you would expect to hear in an interview for this job. The man interviewing me was very respectful and he was also helpful in explaining what was needed for this position.

Interview Question – Are you financially prepared to go six months without a paycheck?   Answer Question

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details – They initiated. Telephone interview followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Question – None really unexpected. Standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Financial Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Got a call the day after I submitted a resume through my university portal. The woman on the phone was very pleasant, and scheduled an interview for me. I showed up on the day of the interview about 15 minutes early - waited for about an hour. The interviewing manager never showed up, and the secretary didn't know where he was. I thought about reaching out to them afterwards to reschedule, but then I thought to myself, "do I even want to interview for a company like this" ? Needless to say, I never heard a thing from them since. High unprofessional conduct.

Interview Question – Can't say, my hiring manager never made it to the appointment.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was given a basic phone interview which consisted of an introduction of the company and what the position entails. When they asked me to come in for a 1-1 interview, I expected to be pitched about the position, which was actually a sales type job. But during the interview, the interviewer was up-front and didn't make any promises. He said it was a sales job that did require a lot of hard work (cold calling) and effort.

Interview Question – Mostly discussion about the position.   View Answer

Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2013.

Interview Details – Four interview process:
1st interview was essentially a joke, they hardly asked me any questions about myself, mainly tried to "sell" me on the position. I may be wrong, but I thought you were supposed to sell yourself in an interview?
They then performed a background check and called me for a 2nd interview about 3 weeks later. I declined.
Interviewers seemed to be very well versed in the goals of their company, as I said, they tried to sell me on them.
Overall environment was very friendly.

Interview Question – All pretty straight-forward. They asked why I was interested in the financial services field.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2010.

Interview Details – They pretend like it's a normal hiring process but really they can't wait to hire you.

Interview Question – Say whatever you want. They'll hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They try hard to get you to take it.

Oak Brook, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2009.

Interview Details – I think I had two interviews. They took place over a two month period. There isn't much to plan for in regards to the interview. The process is really about them convincing you to get on board. They throw out a lot of baseless salary figures that attempt to get you drawn in. However, in the first 2 years these are unattainable. Ask for an average or a figure for the first two years and you will get "There's no limit or average, and that's the best part." That's the interviewer saying you will make right around $24,000 your first year of being on contract.

They talk about a salary that will help keep you afloat during the tough times at the beginning. They lightly mention that you have to attain 3,000 production credits or commission dollars and 15 contracts as I was in the RBG division. This is not a problem assuming you have friends and family in the teaching profession. For someone without a network, it can be quite difficult especially for someone moving from out of state to take this position.

They fail to mention that once the production threshold is attained you are at the discretion of your Manager to actually put you on contract. So depending on whether or not he met his new hire quota for the year he will "allow" you to go on contract. This will not be disclosed to you. Some have to wait a full six months to go on contract depending on when they passed their Series 7 Exam, even if your 3,000 PC 15 app requirement is met. For example, if you passed the series 7 in July and your manager has met his new hire quota, then he will want you to wait until January of the next year. Ask for a contract date in writing contigent on meeting your goal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It was non negotiable.

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was first brought into a room and asked various questions. Just the basic "are you fit for this position" type of questions coupled with the "tell me about yourself, 5 ways your friends would describe you, etc etc." The most relevant question to the job position was, "How would you first start gathering your client base?"

Interview Question – What was the last way you came out of your way to help someone.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wasn't very interested in a sales position, I just simply wanted to see their recruiting process.

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2007.

Interview Details – It was a very easy interview and they are looking for anyone that can sell. I took the offer but was not happy with the money so I left. Make sure you read the contracts carefully and definetly to your due dilegence on any other facts and figures you are shown. Overall it is a difficult industry to make it in but I guess if you're in to that sort of stuff you may make it.

Interview Question – What is one time you have been in a difficult situation and seen your way out.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2009.

Interview Details – I received a phone call because of a resume posted online, went into the office for approx. 3 meetings. Took and IQ test and Personality test, after the 3rd meeting I was offered the position, and began the testing process to obtain my financial lisencing.

Interview Question – Compile a list of 200 people that you know.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no real salary since almost all of the compensation is a commission based comensation so there is not much of a negotiation that takes place.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors Financial Consultant interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees and interview candidates.