AXA Advisors Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Ka-ho, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Ka-ho, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2013.

3 interviews.

first meeting was introduction to the company and my a little intro about me.
second meeting was just asking question about the position and the company. Gives you a business plan guide to study.
third meeting was about nothing

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

First round is over the phone. Second Round: they give you a presentation ahead of time and you prepare it as if you were to present it to a client. After you've given your presentation, they will repeat it 100x better and then give you a couple minutes to prepare before they ask you to deliver it again with changes. Third round: meet more of the team/discuss logistics

Interview Questions
    • How did you think you did in the presentation? How would you have done it differently?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

I got an email from one of their financial consultants, saying they came across my resume. We scheduled a phone interview, and he started with the usual. Asked about coursework, background in finance, etc. One question that stood out was he asked about my social skills. I've been contacted by Prudential for a similar position, and they also asked about my networking skills. The other questions were mostly behavioral, such as "What is your best quality", "How would other people describe you" etc. Overall, it was alright but I wasn't interested in such a sales-oriented job.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

I transmitted my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. Someone contacted me a month later. I did a first interview with a VP then a second with the Branch Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Before to proceed the interview they wanted to evaluate my ability to make connections and the potential of my network. So they ask me to make a list of all my contacts + to connect with institutions in order to add more people to my network. All this, Prior to receive an offer!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors in December 2010.

Met Manager at a career fair at my university. Had first two interviews with him. First was an introductory interview, the second was heavy on product descriptions. The third was with the branch president and seemed like a bit of a rubber stamp interview. There really isn't a lot of probing in these interviews. They mainly want to see if you have the charisma to sit down in front of clients and lead them in a discussion of their finances.

Interview Questions
    They had a set salary for all people starting in my particular business group. It was take it or leave it.

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Got a call the day after I submitted a resume through my university portal. The woman on the phone was very pleasant, and scheduled an interview for me. I showed up on the day of the interview about 15 minutes early - waited for about an hour. The interviewing manager never showed up, and the secretary didn't know where he was. I thought about reaching out to them afterwards to reschedule, but then I thought to myself, "do I even want to interview for a company like this" ? Needless to say, I never heard a thing from them since. High unprofessional conduct.

Interview Questions
    • Can't say, my hiring manager never made it to the appointment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2013.

Not very long compared to others in the industry. As a side note the shorter the process the more new hires they go through.

Short, standard offering

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Questions
    • Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question
    Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Financial Consultant Interview

They initiated. Telephone interview followed by two in-person interviews.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2010.

They pretend like it's a normal hiring process but really they can't wait to hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Say whatever you want. They'll hire you.   View Answer
    They try hard to get you to take it.