AXA Advisors

AXA Advisors Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was setup on the spot, so it didn't seem too hard to get. Very pushy about coming up for an office and all commission based.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the company?   Answer Question
  • Do you have friends and family in one of our locations? (Due to cold calls that have to be made)   Answer Question

Didn't feel like it was a competitive position and recruiters were rude with follow-up email.

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

I was rather surprised with how easy the interview process seemed to be for the job that they were advertising. I received a phone call from my resume being posted to a career site and answered a few questions about how I work and what I want out of a position. For round 2, I came in for a brief 1-on-1 with the general manager who wanted to just feel me out. Wasn't an intense process. More of a casual meet and greet. Then for round 3 I came in for an 1 1/2 hour presentation of who their company is and how they function. Included in that session was a 1-on-1 with a Sales manager who asked me about my work and educational history and why I wanted this job. I came back for a 4th session for which they had me prepare a short "what are you top priorities in a job" survey and build a list of potential clients to give me an idea of what a consultant would do. At that point, I knew I didn't want the job and made it clear to them. I didn't feel comfortable with their payment structure (small base + commission which evolves to only commission after 3 years.) As such, we mutually agreed that this wasn't the job for me. They were very cordial, honest, pleasant and forthright with everything and appreciated that I was also.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the Financial Industry. What appealed to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2010.

Interview

Met Manager at a career fair at my university. Had first two interviews with him. First was an introductory interview, the second was heavy on product descriptions. The third was with the branch president and seemed like a bit of a rubber stamp interview. There really isn't a lot of probing in these interviews. They mainly want to see if you have the charisma to sit down in front of clients and lead them in a discussion of their finances.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had a set salary for all people starting in my particular business group. It was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Bellevue, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

They pretend like it's a normal hiring process but really they can't wait to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Say whatever you want. They'll hire you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They try hard to get you to take it.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Buffalo, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Questions

• Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Edison, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Dallas, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

I was first brought into a room and asked various questions. Just the basic "are you fit for this position" type of questions coupled with the "tell me about yourself, 5 ways your friends would describe you, etc etc." The most relevant question to the job position was, "How would you first start gathering your client base?"

Interview Questions

• What was the last way you came out of your way to help someone.   1 Answer

I wasn't very interested in a sales position, I just simply wanted to see their recruiting process.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

I think I had two interviews. They took place over a two month period. There isn't much to plan for in regards to the interview. The process is really about them convincing you to get on board. They throw out a lot of baseless salary figures that attempt to get you drawn in. However, in the first 2 years these are unattainable. Ask for an average or a figure for the first two years and you will get "There's no limit or average, and that's the best part." That's the interviewer saying you will make right around $24,000 your first year of being on contract. They talk about a salary that will help keep you afloat during the tough times at the beginning. They lightly mention that you have to attain 3,000 production credits or commission dollars and 15 contracts as I was in the RBG division. This is not a problem assuming you have friends and family in the teaching profession. For someone without a network, it can be quite difficult especially for someone moving from out of state to take this position. They fail to mention that once the production threshold is attained you are at the discretion of your Manager to actually put you on contract. So depending on whether or not he met his new hire quota for the year he will "allow" you to go on contract. This will not be disclosed to you. Some have to wait a full six months to go on contract depending on when they passed their Series 7 Exam, even if your 3,000 PC 15 app requirement is met. For example, if you passed the series 7 in July and your manager has met his new hire quota, then he will want you to wait until January of the next year. Ask for a contract date in writing contigent on meeting your goal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was non negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Diego, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Met sales manager and went over position responsibilities. They asked questions about background, education, previous positions etc. They asked mostly typical interview questions, why should I hire you? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe a problem at work and how you resolved it.... etc. I had to take two personality tests as well. You have to sell an item of your choice to the sales manager for the second interview. They are looking to see how persuasive you are and if you are more of a listener who asks questions rather than talking too much. The third interview was with the EVP and they asked what I have done in my life. I answered concisely and to the point my life experiences, catering my presentation to the sales job at hand. It was clear it was a very high energy sales environment as one would guess in the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Describe a confrontation at work with co-worker or client and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard base salary with no wiggle room... This is a sales job, you make your own compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Austin, TX) in January 2007.

Interview

It was a very easy interview and they are looking for anyone that can sell. I took the offer but was not happy with the money so I left. Make sure you read the contracts carefully and definetly to your due dilegence on any other facts and figures you are shown. Overall it is a difficult industry to make it in but I guess if you're in to that sort of stuff you may make it.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you have been in a difficult situation and seen your way out.   Answer Question