AXA Advisors

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straightforward. I got called on afternoon, we talked a bit about AXA and what I was looking for. We then scheduled a full phone interview, took a little more than an hour, kinda challenging but nothing out of the ordinary, be prepare on what you want out of career. Drove to Houston for an office interview, talked about this position and other basic questions about AXA. Got invited for the final interview and talked more about logistics of job and process. Great people, laughed at my jokes.

Interview Question – "Tell me three things you are looking for in a workplace, and don't say any traditional answers."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Couldn't relocate.

The Woodlands, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – The first interview was an ordinary behavioral interview with rapid fire questions. It was a day after an on campus recruiting event at the university. Second interview was a group interview in Houston a week later, the regional manager gave a presentation about the company and the candidates were allowed to ask questions at the end. The third and final interview was in the Woodlands with the manager and the recruiting advisor, it was basically a behavioral interview again but now by the manager.

Interview Question – Besides completing college, what are your long term accomplishments?   Answer Question

Financial Professional

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring manager contacted with me directly. interview process to 1 day

Interview Question – How would you grow the client list?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Its taken 3 interviews.
1. phone screening
2. getting to know me and personality fit with firm
3. discuss market ideas, business plans

Interview Question – What is your target market?

Why do you want to be in this business?

Do you have what it takes to overcome the challenges of prospecting on a daily, experience rejection?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Honestly, it just has such a bad reputation online. I really liked the president of that branch, but it seems like there are hidden agenda's. IF they paid a base salary through training and beginning phases, i would have accepted the job. Too much risk for me.

Financial Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Great environment, the advisors are great communicators so if feels professional but at the same time fun and relaxed, the interview process was about 4 interviews one which included a video chat with upper level management, while the other interviews were in office and with local management.

Interview Question – What do you know about AXA   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, you either take the job or you don't. If you are teetering on the edge whether you should interview or not, just go to the interview, you basically find out all you need to know during the first interview and if you don't like what you hear, just deny any offer.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Four step interview process. Mostly behavioral stuff nothing too tricky. A lot of stress is put on why you want to be an FA. Interviewed with head of the group, very nice guy.

Interview Question – Be prepared to talk about why you want to be an FA.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in July 2013.

Interview Details – The company invited me to interview after meeting them at a UCSD job fair. Initial interview was succinct. They very much emphasized the potential for "unlimited income" while de-emphasizing the "100% of your salary will be tied to commissions." After a successful initial interview, I was called back to a second. While getting paperwork filed, the company sent me my SSN to verify. They did not secure it in any way. Plain text, in an email. When I called them on the unprofessionalism of their actions, they were offended and withdrew the offer.

Interview Question – "How do you intend on selling our product to your friends and family?"   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via employee referral. I went through two interview processes, and most of the questions were behavioral. The employer wants to see whether you can actually take on the challenge or not.

Interview Question – Why do you think AXA is a good fit for you? (It was difficult in the sense that you had to say it the way employer wanted to hear.)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in November 2011.

Interview Details – After an informal interview, you do a personality test and some other basic paperwork.
If it's for commission sales, they are so desperate they will hire pretty much anyone. It helps if you have a history of fraud and corruption.

Interview Question – No curve balls from the interviewer. Again, they want as many hires as possible.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are given an offer from this company, run the other way. Do not take it!

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2012.

Interview Details – After filling out an online declaration of interest, I received a phone call from a principal. We talked about the job and the day to day activities, and he asked if I would like to meet one of the local guys, which I did. I met the local AXA professional,who was incredibly professional. We discussed e local market, AXA culture, and opportunities. I met with the principal who originally called about a week later and he said that he thought I would be a good fit, so I began moving forward with the process of becoming an AXA Investment Professional. The people were incredibly thoughtful and engaging, gave me a wealth of information, and answered all of my questions. It was truly a wonderful experience.

Interview Question – The most difficult question to me is always "why do you want to do this?" I want to do so many different things, so I find that question the most difficult to answer. The obvious answer, the one you are not supposed to say, is I want to do this for money. Most of the time, it is just that simple.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was for a position in my current city. My wife wanted to move.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors Financial Professional interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees and interview candidates.