AXA Advisors

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Four step interview process. Mostly behavioral stuff nothing too tricky. A lot of stress is put on why you want to be an FA. Interviewed with head of the group, very nice guy.

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2013.

You will have an interview with a vice president. Make sure to be yourself and know that this job is only for ambitious people. If you dont bring in steady or qualified prospects, you will fail out of the business in the first 6 months. I didnt take my 7 due to a passing in my family and now that I look back, it is part of the reason why I am still at this job and also has a hand in the ambition and fire that pushes me to grind hard. My best advice is to stay in the present moment, find you "why" (the reason you get up every morning, it could be for a better life for your kids, a girlfriend you want to make you wife someday and treat to the finer things in life or to one day be able to bring clean technologies and knowledge to people in America in abroad who don't have access to it and all the whole population to enjoy the happyness that life has to offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in July 2013.

The company invited me to interview after meeting them at a UCSD job fair. Initial interview was succinct. They very much emphasized the potential for "unlimited income" while de-emphasizing the "100% of your salary will be tied to commissions." After a successful initial interview, I was called back to a second. While getting paperwork filed, the company sent me my SSN to verify. They did not secure it in any way. Plain text, in an email. When I called them on the unprofessionalism of their actions, they were offended and withdrew the offer.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you intend on selling our product to your friends and family?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2013.

Applied via employee referral. I went through two interview processes, and most of the questions were behavioral. The employer wants to see whether you can actually take on the challenge or not.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think AXA is a good fit for you? (It was difficult in the sense that you had to say it the way employer wanted to hear.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2012.

After filling out an online declaration of interest, I received a phone call from a principal. We talked about the job and the day to day activities, and he asked if I would like to meet one of the local guys, which I did. I met the local AXA professional,who was incredibly professional. We discussed e local market, AXA culture, and opportunities. I met with the principal who originally called about a week later and he said that he thought I would be a good fit, so I began moving forward with the process of becoming an AXA Investment Professional. The people were incredibly thoughtful and engaging, gave me a wealth of information, and answered all of my questions. It was truly a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to me is always "why do you want to do this?" I want to do so many different things, so I find that question the most difficult to answer. The obvious answer, the one you are not supposed to say, is I want to do this for money. Most of the time, it is just that simple.   Answer Question

The offer was for a position in my current city. My wife wanted to move.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2012.

The interview process was quite long and I began by attending a conference called AXA Institute. Then I had 2 on-site interviews and an assignment to make sure you could do the job. The interviewers I knew well and were extremely nice and helpful. I had a super positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you're fresh out of college, why would someone trust you with their money?   Answer Question

I was afraid of the challenge of having to prospect on my own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in November 2011.

After an informal interview, you do a personality test and some other basic paperwork.
    If it's for commission sales, they are so desperate they will hire pretty much anyone. It helps if you have a history of fraud and corruption.

Interview Questions
    • No curve balls from the interviewer. Again, they want as many hires as possible.   View Answer
    If you are given an offer from this company, run the other way. Do not take it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2011.

Pretty easy interview process. They like to hire as much as possible to hit their monthly and yearly quotas. As long as you're competent, personable and promising, you're most likely in.
    Licensed and/or proven path of sales experience and success is ideal.
    Not insanely formal in terms of questions. Also depends what manager is interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • They will want to qualify to see if you have people in your family/close friends who are high net worth who could be your first batch of clients and make you some money to start off.   Answer Question
    Harder for those who are established (kids, major bills/expenses, etc.) because it's tough to make good money at first unless you're already in the industry and are planning to move over your B.O.B.
    Background check and credit check are necessary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2011.

the interview process is not that intimidating; it is actually comforting that the interviewer was up front about what i would be getting my self into. He told me that it was an opportunity to help people secure their monetary futures though various financial instruments. All in all, it was a good experience

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2012.

Met with Executive VP of 1 branch for initial interview, 2nd was to go over job in more detail, 3rd was to talk about offer and to meet with Regional Manager.