AXA Advisors

AXA Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

After having a phone interview and a webinar, they finally scheduled an in-person interview. The position requires a lot of preparation with them not able to pay/hire you until you completed several tests and acquire several licenses. The job stresses on having you find your own clients and managing your own sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're capable of doing this job?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by an employee via linked in. Went through 3 interviews including the first phone interview. Moved very fast compared to other firms that I was interviewing with. You have to have existing natural market to start your practice. Not straight forward about the compensation and salary until the very end of interview process. But very up front about their expectations in terms of sales goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop your markets? What is your natural market?   Answer Question

I received a better offer from elsewhere.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview was basically the manager telling you mostly about the company and some questions about yourself. Nothing hard, again its mostly them letting you know that this job is not easy and you need to have the spirit and personality for it.

Interview Questions

• there are couple of interviews that you will go through. They are not hard at all, they just want to know if you have the mentality and personality for this job. They will also ask you some questions to get to know you. At the last interview you do need to make a business plan and thats where you have to explain your business plan.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Fairly easy. They hire college students for the position. If you dress clean and present yourself well, they will like you. Communicate and shore ambition. I recommend reaching out to a local office and asking about intern or post-undergrad opportunities directly. Don't wait for a job posting. While you're interning, scope out potential jobs for after the internship or graduation. They already know you and you have a good chance of staying on over a random outsider.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

They called to set up a phone interview. Initial call took 5 minutes and the point is to set up a 15 minute follow up. I applied off of LinkedIn. They seem to be wanting fresh people for the industry. It may be a great way to obtain a series 7. I will post more of an update next week after the follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• General availability. they called less than a week of applying off of LinkedIn   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

One on one interview with VP. The interviewer was very personable. Straightforward questions about why you want to be an adviser and why you will be successful. Beware, a lot of hidden costs they do not spell out to you. Ask questions. You earn the highest commissions on insurance products. They say they will not push these insurance products on your clients... Doubtful. They are salesmen, selling their company to you. Keep that in mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for Financial Advisor role. Ended up being a retirement fund sales job. Was told it would be a 12 hour a day job sitting by phone and calling people, setting up meetings, etc. Was not what I wanted to do. Person I interviewed with told me to interview in other financial companies first and then come back to him (strange). Never called him back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. the first was just to get to know the VP of the department. the second was giving some information about the company, culture and day in the life of the position. the third involved you coming up with a business marketing plan to see how you would obtain clients.

Interview Questions

• why did you pick AXA? what do you hope to accomplish with our company?   Answer Question

Retirement Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy if you knew what you were talking about. People are really personable and easy to connect for a people person. Overall not difficult and if you are well-liked you can get a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

3 rounds until decision is made. First round: casual and is a 30-60 min session of getting to know why you want to work for AXA. Second Round: more informative and lays out the structure of pay and how one can be successful at the company. Third Round, meet with the branch manager and make a short business plan on how you will be successful at AXA (most of this comes from the second interview--so take notes if you want to do well).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you like sales? How do you handle rejection (sales based)?   Answer Question