AXA Advisors

177 candidate interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Question – Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Edison, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Interview Details – Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Interview Questions

Financial Professional Interview

Financial Professional
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite long and I began by attending a conference called AXA Institute. Then I had 2 on-site interviews and an assignment to make sure you could do the job. The interviewers I knew well and were extremely nice and helpful. I had a super positive experience.

Interview Question – If you're fresh out of college, why would someone trust you with their money?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was afraid of the challenge of having to prospect on my own.

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview Details – Had 3 interviews each of them they were weeding out a pool of people to end up selecting 2.

First Interview was the basic get to know you getting to know the company and why I want to be in this line of work. I was called back for a second where we discussed the program and the compensation. Also discussed how we approach clients and personal experiences with the firm

Was called back for a third interview where I was told to think of a target market I would go to if I was hired and then I met with the Branch Head. He was a very smart individual who liked truthful answers and not the typical responses. I was offered the position a week later now I am in the licensing portion before I become on contract with the firm

Interview Question – The questions were all really standard only question you need to really consider is where do you see yourself in 5 years. Be as detailed as possible   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Your just about on Commission from day 1 so for those who don't have a nest egg to start your own practice dont consider AXA. You pay for your licensing about (800) which get reimbursed to you 70% once you pass all the exams.

From there you get paid several weeks a salary while your in a product training program. Once you pass this process you would be offered either commission+B (reduced commission of course) or Commission. Either way every year your salary gets reduced and your commission payout increases. Then one the 3rd year your salary goes away and your on full commission.

Financial Advisor

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was not a long process. I had previous work experience with success in those positions and prior academic. This provided a basis on which to evaluate my experience. The interview consisted of a screening interview. From that point there was an additional one-on-one interview with the manager. I then had an interview with the branch manager and manager together. After that, an offer was extended.

Interview Question – Truly, what are your greatest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview started out like a typical interview with questions about my background, experience & personality. Later on the interviewer started asking questions about what my parents did for a living and what my wife did. The guy used this information to try and 'sell' me the job and tell me why it was a great fit. That kind of tipped me off that this wasn't what I was looking for.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2010.

Interview Details – Overall, the interview process was very thorough. It involved developing a personal business plan. Various conversations were held over the phone and in person between the direct recruiter and potential group directors of the company. Great experience, great company.

Interview Question – Describe a time of leadership when you succeeded or failed.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a campus interview. There were two interviewers but only one of them was asking questions in most of time. There were several behavioral questions, e.g. leadership. They talked about their work and told me that this position is all depending on how I work. There's no based salaries. At the end of the interview they told me the next process would be in NYC but I had never heard from them.

Interview Question – Why do you prefer this position instead of accounting positions.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – There is a detailed, three interview long process involved however there are very few standard interview questions. The interviews are to see if you are personable and can hold a conversation beyond a simple "How was your weekend" question. The job requires an outgoing, "type A" personality, so if you're quiet and reserved, it may not be the position for you.

Interview Question – Background & Credit Check. No drug test   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2011.

Interview Details – I did 1:1 with the advisor who recruited me and with the vice president in charge of the regional office. After that, I paid the fees associated with sitting the FINRA Series 7 and 66 exams. I didn't pass the Series 7 but was not given a retake opportunity.

Interview Question – How do you expect to build a client base having only been in the market for a short time?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After I missed passing score on Series 7 by 4 points, I was told that my natural market submission was not up to their standard and they had been counting on me to smoke the exam. So they decided not go forward and I agreed.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!