AXA Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2010.

The interview started out like a typical interview with questions about my background, experience & personality. Later on the interviewer started asking questions about what my parents did for a living and what my wife did. The guy used this information to try and 'sell' me the job and tell me why it was a great fit. That kind of tipped me off that this wasn't what I was looking for.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2012.

The interview process was quite long and I began by attending a conference called AXA Institute. Then I had 2 on-site interviews and an assignment to make sure you could do the job. The interviewers I knew well and were extremely nice and helpful. I had a super positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you're fresh out of college, why would someone trust you with their money?   Answer Question

I was afraid of the challenge of having to prospect on my own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Questions
    • Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question
    Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Had 3 interviews each of them they were weeding out a pool of people to end up selecting 2.

First Interview was the basic get to know you getting to know the company and why I want to be in this line of work. I was called back for a second where we discussed the program and the compensation. Also discussed how we approach clients and personal experiences with the firm

Was called back for a third interview where I was told to think of a target market I would go to if I was hired and then I met with the Branch Head. He was a very smart individual who liked truthful answers and not the typical responses. I was offered the position a week later now I am in the licensing portion before I become on contract with the firm

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all really standard only question you need to really consider is where do you see yourself in 5 years. Be as detailed as possible   Answer Question
    Your just about on Commission from day 1 so for those who don't have a nest egg to start your own practice dont consider AXA. You pay for your licensing about (800) which get reimbursed to you 70% once you pass all the exams.

From there you get paid several weeks a salary while your in a product training program. Once you pass this process you would be offered either commission+B (reduced commission of course) or Commission. Either way every year your salary gets reduced and your commission payout increases. Then one the 3rd year your salary goes away and your on full commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

The interview process was not a long process. I had previous work experience with success in those positions and prior academic. This provided a basis on which to evaluate my experience. The interview consisted of a screening interview. From that point there was an additional one-on-one interview with the manager. I then had an interview with the branch manager and manager together. After that, an offer was extended.

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2009.

Applied online and contacted by phone about 2 months later. Two interviews and if you're liked, you start. Must be confident and composed. Depends so much on the individual that you interview with because the advisors each seem to run their own small business. After that getting truly started is slow because it is a financial advisory job you must pass your life and health insurance exam, series 7 and series 66 to start making money.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It is what you make of it. If you are up for the challenge and ready to work this job has its benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2010.

Overall, the interview process was very thorough. It involved developing a personal business plan. Various conversations were held over the phone and in person between the direct recruiter and potential group directors of the company. Great experience, great company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time of leadership when you succeeded or failed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2010.

i went in the room filled with other college candidates. there were 3 advisors interviewing us. they split us into three groups and placed one advisor to each. the advisor interviewed us one on one.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2009.

This process to get hired was actually fairly simple for this company. I got an internship from a phone call to the company and then an interview. Once I graduated from college I went back for another interview with my new boss and a few days later I got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • This job involves a lot of cold calling and a lot of people not giving you the time of day when you try to speak with them. How would you handle people constantly saying no to you, and how would you overcome it?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation at all. They have a base salary that they offered for my division of AXA Advisors and then your salary decreases and your commission increases until you are all commission after three years.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!