AXA Advisors

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2010.

The interview started out like a typical interview with questions about my background, experience & personality. Later on the interviewer started asking questions about what my parents did for a living and what my wife did. The guy used this information to try and 'sell' me the job and tell me why it was a great fit. That kind of tipped me off that this wasn't what I was looking for.

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

The interview process was not a long process. I had previous work experience with success in those positions and prior academic. This provided a basis on which to evaluate my experience. The interview consisted of a screening interview. From that point there was an additional one-on-one interview with the manager. I then had an interview with the branch manager and manager together. After that, an offer was extended.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Had 3 interviews each of them they were weeding out a pool of people to end up selecting 2.

First Interview was the basic get to know you getting to know the company and why I want to be in this line of work. I was called back for a second where we discussed the program and the compensation. Also discussed how we approach clients and personal experiences with the firm

Was called back for a third interview where I was told to think of a target market I would go to if I was hired and then I met with the Branch Head. He was a very smart individual who liked truthful answers and not the typical responses. I was offered the position a week later now I am in the licensing portion before I become on contract with the firm

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all really standard only question you need to really consider is where do you see yourself in 5 years. Be as detailed as possible   Answer Question
    Your just about on Commission from day 1 so for those who don't have a nest egg to start your own practice dont consider AXA. You pay for your licensing about (800) which get reimbursed to you 70% once you pass all the exams.

From there you get paid several weeks a salary while your in a product training program. Once you pass this process you would be offered either commission+B (reduced commission of course) or Commission. Either way every year your salary gets reduced and your commission payout increases. Then one the 3rd year your salary goes away and your on full commission.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Questions
    • Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question
    Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2012.

The interview process was quite long and I began by attending a conference called AXA Institute. Then I had 2 on-site interviews and an assignment to make sure you could do the job. The interviewers I knew well and were extremely nice and helpful. I had a super positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you're fresh out of college, why would someone trust you with their money?   Answer Question

I was afraid of the challenge of having to prospect on my own.

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2013.

it was a smooth one on one interview process. the recruiter asked about your background, activities at school and your skill set. It was about 25 minutes long. And the recruiter also introduced their company, what the service she covered.

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2009.

interview consisted of a screening by an HR person followed by 1 on 1 interview by team leader in the insurance sales area. The interview was about sales experience, business experience, and approach to making contacts to sell insurance products.

The day of the interview - it was a major snowstorm. i arrived to the interview early - and there was no one at the front desk and i had to call the cell phone of the interviewer to let him know i had arrived. I wasn't offered any coffee or water to start the interview.

The interviewer only had a brochure with which to show the company's products - and no examples of sales presentations or other materials. The phone interview with the HR person made no mention of the job function - which was primarily to sell insurance and not any other of the company's financial products. It was also not explained that there was no base salary or benefits with the job. i considered the position advertised on the job site to be a "bait and switch" compared to the position I discussed with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you develop a personal database for marketing life insurance to potential clients?   Answer Question

The "job" included no base compensation or benefits. The position relied totally on building a recurring revenue stream from selling life insurance products - and most persons hired end up leaving within a year. 70% of initial hires drop out within 2 years. The company does not invest in classes for the new employee, nor is there any marketing support or selling support to help establish the new employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

There were four interviews. The first interview was more of an introduction of the company and was asked all of the basic interview questions. The second interview was a description of the position that I have applied for. The third interview we went over the compensation. The fourth interview we went over the exam process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you found something difficult and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2011.

I did 1:1 with the advisor who recruited me and with the vice president in charge of the regional office. After that, I paid the fees associated with sitting the FINRA Series 7 and 66 exams. I didn't pass the Series 7 but was not given a retake opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect to build a client base having only been in the market for a short time?   View Answer

After I missed passing score on Series 7 by 4 points, I was told that my natural market submission was not up to their standard and they had been counting on me to smoke the exam. So they decided not go forward and I agreed.