AXA Advisors

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
174 candidate interviews

Financial Advisor

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview started out like a typical interview with questions about my background, experience & personality. Later on the interviewer started asking questions about what my parents did for a living and what my wife did. The guy used this information to try and 'sell' me the job and tell me why it was a great fit. That kind of tipped me off that this wasn't what I was looking for.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was not a long process. I had previous work experience with success in those positions and prior academic. This provided a basis on which to evaluate my experience. The interview consisted of a screening interview. From that point there was an additional one-on-one interview with the manager. I then had an interview with the branch manager and manager together. After that, an offer was extended.

Interview Question – Truly, what are your greatest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Edison, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2010.

Interview Details – Be yourself and makes sure you show that you are serious about this career because it can be your best friend or worse enemy

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Professional Interview

Financial Professional
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite long and I began by attending a conference called AXA Institute. Then I had 2 on-site interviews and an assignment to make sure you could do the job. The interviewers I knew well and were extremely nice and helpful. I had a super positive experience.

Interview Question – If you're fresh out of college, why would someone trust you with their money?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was afraid of the challenge of having to prospect on my own.

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview Details – Had 3 interviews each of them they were weeding out a pool of people to end up selecting 2.

First Interview was the basic get to know you getting to know the company and why I want to be in this line of work. I was called back for a second where we discussed the program and the compensation. Also discussed how we approach clients and personal experiences with the firm

Was called back for a third interview where I was told to think of a target market I would go to if I was hired and then I met with the Branch Head. He was a very smart individual who liked truthful answers and not the typical responses. I was offered the position a week later now I am in the licensing portion before I become on contract with the firm

Interview Question – The questions were all really standard only question you need to really consider is where do you see yourself in 5 years. Be as detailed as possible   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Your just about on Commission from day 1 so for those who don't have a nest egg to start your own practice dont consider AXA. You pay for your licensing about (800) which get reimbursed to you 70% once you pass all the exams.

From there you get paid several weeks a salary while your in a product training program. Once you pass this process you would be offered either commission+B (reduced commission of course) or Commission. Either way every year your salary gets reduced and your commission payout increases. Then one the 3rd year your salary goes away and your on full commission.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Question – Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Multiple step interview process really detailed the position and expectations. They said it would be hard and it was but they also talked about the benefits of the position too. They first went through the things they help clients with, then showed what they actually discuss with their clients in meetings and finally talked about the compensation potential which is huge!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have faced rejection and outline how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview itself was fairly easy. I met one-on-one with an upper level management position who was pretty laid back. He asked a lot of questions to see if you are right for this type of job. The job was not really what I expected as it is almost all sales, and if you don't know people you fail. I declined a second interview.

Interview Question – Describe a specific time when you were really competitive.
How do you deal with rejection?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered a second interview, but I decided not to go. You have to take licensing exams and pay for them out of pocket, all while not getting paid.

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Screened through on-campus recruiting. Next round consisted of an office visit / phone interview.

Interview Question – Be ready to ask questions.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted an acquaintance who worked at AXA. Met with him and talked about the company for about an hour. Scheduled an interview with the branch manager the following week. Interview was quite simple, just some behavioral interview questions and questions such as why you want to work at AXA. Met the branch manager a second time a few more behavioral questions and then received a job offer.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Did not decline but am currently weighing various job opportunities

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!