AXA Advisors

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2014.

The interview itself was fairly easy. I met one-on-one with an upper level management position who was pretty laid back. He asked a lot of questions to see if you are right for this type of job. The job was not really what I expected as it is almost all sales, and if you don't know people you fail. I declined a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific time when you were really competitive.
      How do you deal with rejection?
        Answer Question

They offered a second interview, but I decided not to go. You have to take licensing exams and pay for them out of pocket, all while not getting paid.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Screened through on-campus recruiting. Next round consisted of an office visit / phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Four step interview process. Mostly behavioral stuff nothing too tricky. A lot of stress is put on why you want to be an FA. Interviewed with head of the group, very nice guy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2013.

Wanted to get to know you not your resume to see if you're a good fit. After about 2 interviews they wanted me to meet with a managing person and present to them a business plan on how I would approach personal contacts to eventually bring them in as clients. I wasn't comfortable giving them all the details of my personal contacts (even though they said they wouldn't use them, still didn't feel right) so I canceled my next interview. Felt somewhat like an industry where i'd be used for my connections then tossed into the pool to sink or swim. (they said they had a great program that would teach you, but I don't think I was too sold)

Interview Questions
    • They just want to know who you are and if you'd be a great fit for the position. I think the hardest is listing off the top of your head about 3 contacts you would be able to bring to the firm. Dealing with how much information you're willing to provide without giving them the upper hand in using your contacts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2013.

Received an initial phone call from one of the vice presidents., upon which he held an initial per-screening of my interest and qualifications. From there we set up an in person interview in his office. The first interview is your basic fit and expectations question and answer conversation.

If they like you enough you will be asked to submit to a background check. Once that is cleared you will come in for a final interview with the VP that interviewed you and one of the three executives at the branch. You will be asked to present your business plan and talk about what your market is and how you plan on approaching the business. This interview is a lot more job specific.

They will then take a couple days to review your candidacy with the rest of the VP's. Once that is complete they will let you know of their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you are prepared to present a detailed business plan.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase,. You are start on per-contract, which is a commission only time period where you work towards certain incentives.

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Great environment, the advisors are great communicators so if feels professional but at the same time fun and relaxed, the interview process was about 4 interviews one which included a video chat with upper level management, while the other interviews were in office and with local management.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, you either take the job or you don't. If you are teetering on the edge whether you should interview or not, just go to the interview, you basically find out all you need to know during the first interview and if you don't like what you hear, just deny any offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2012.

After filling out an online declaration of interest, I received a phone call from a principal. We talked about the job and the day to day activities, and he asked if I would like to meet one of the local guys, which I did. I met the local AXA professional,who was incredibly professional. We discussed e local market, AXA culture, and opportunities. I met with the principal who originally called about a week later and he said that he thought I would be a good fit, so I began moving forward with the process of becoming an AXA Investment Professional. The people were incredibly thoughtful and engaging, gave me a wealth of information, and answered all of my questions. It was truly a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to me is always "why do you want to do this?" I want to do so many different things, so I find that question the most difficult to answer. The obvious answer, the one you are not supposed to say, is I want to do this for money. Most of the time, it is just that simple.   Answer Question

The offer was for a position in my current city. My wife wanted to move.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

I completed about four interviews before I accepted the position. The first two were the basics (tell me about yourself, what is your background, etc.) The third one discussed salary and more specifics. And the fourth was to answer questions I may have had and to offer me position. Nothing was too difficult or hard to answer - very generic.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. It was your basic interview questions   Answer Question
    When I was asked about salary they provided me with 3 options and said we will discuss them further. After I accepted the position and went through the training phase (4 weeks in front of a computer) the salary disappeared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2011.

Since they kept calling me, I went in to see if it was really me they wanted. We did a one on one, (which I insisted on before any group). They insisted I sit through the group interview. The group interview reinforced the idea that they weren't really looking for someone (an MBA) like me in particular, they were just trying to find the most eager financial salespeople they could find. I made it clear that I would only accept the salaried route, expecting them to decline, which they did. I wished them good luck.

Interview Questions
    • How would you build a book of clients?   View Answer
    • What is your experience in financial instruments?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

There were four interviews. The first interview was more of an introduction of the company and was asked all of the basic interview questions. The second interview was a description of the position that I have applied for. The third interview we went over the compensation. The fourth interview we went over the exam process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you found something difficult and how did you over come it.   Answer Question