AXA Advisors

Average Difficulty
174 candidate interviews

Anonymous Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2012.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews, must be a entrepreneur. Willing to work a lot and be comfortable with getting paid in commission. Must be very confident , organized individual . Important to have desire to learn about the financial market. A natural problem solver.

Interview Question – None really . No technical questions, just psychology. Although it would be good to know the difference between a IRA and 401k and some other financial products.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not really

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview, didn't feel too stressed.

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in July 2013.

Interview Details – The company invited me to interview after meeting them at a UCSD job fair. Initial interview was succinct. They very much emphasized the potential for "unlimited income" while de-emphasizing the "100% of your salary will be tied to commissions." After a successful initial interview, I was called back to a second. While getting paperwork filed, the company sent me my SSN to verify. They did not secure it in any way. Plain text, in an email. When I called them on the unprofessionalism of their actions, they were offended and withdrew the offer.

Interview Question – "How do you intend on selling our product to your friends and family?"   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Four step interview process. Mostly behavioral stuff nothing too tricky. A lot of stress is put on why you want to be an FA. Interviewed with head of the group, very nice guy.

Interview Question – Be prepared to talk about why you want to be an FA.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2013.

Interview Details – Wanted to get to know you not your resume to see if you're a good fit. After about 2 interviews they wanted me to meet with a managing person and present to them a business plan on how I would approach personal contacts to eventually bring them in as clients. I wasn't comfortable giving them all the details of my personal contacts (even though they said they wouldn't use them, still didn't feel right) so I canceled my next interview. Felt somewhat like an industry where i'd be used for my connections then tossed into the pool to sink or swim. (they said they had a great program that would teach you, but I don't think I was too sold)

Interview Question – They just want to know who you are and if you'd be a great fit for the position. I think the hardest is listing off the top of your head about 3 contacts you would be able to bring to the firm. Dealing with how much information you're willing to provide without giving them the upper hand in using your contacts.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2013.

Interview Details – Received an initial phone call from one of the vice presidents., upon which he held an initial per-screening of my interest and qualifications. From there we set up an in person interview in his office. The first interview is your basic fit and expectations question and answer conversation.

If they like you enough you will be asked to submit to a background check. Once that is cleared you will come in for a final interview with the VP that interviewed you and one of the three executives at the branch. You will be asked to present your business plan and talk about what your market is and how you plan on approaching the business. This interview is a lot more job specific.

They will then take a couple days to review your candidacy with the rest of the VP's. Once that is complete they will let you know of their decision.

Interview Question – Just make sure you are prepared to present a detailed business plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase,. You are start on per-contract, which is a commission only time period where you work towards certain incentives.

Financial Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Great environment, the advisors are great communicators so if feels professional but at the same time fun and relaxed, the interview process was about 4 interviews one which included a video chat with upper level management, while the other interviews were in office and with local management.

Interview Question – What do you know about AXA   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, you either take the job or you don't. If you are teetering on the edge whether you should interview or not, just go to the interview, you basically find out all you need to know during the first interview and if you don't like what you hear, just deny any offer.

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2012.

Interview Details – After filling out an online declaration of interest, I received a phone call from a principal. We talked about the job and the day to day activities, and he asked if I would like to meet one of the local guys, which I did. I met the local AXA professional,who was incredibly professional. We discussed e local market, AXA culture, and opportunities. I met with the principal who originally called about a week later and he said that he thought I would be a good fit, so I began moving forward with the process of becoming an AXA Investment Professional. The people were incredibly thoughtful and engaging, gave me a wealth of information, and answered all of my questions. It was truly a wonderful experience.

Interview Question – The most difficult question to me is always "why do you want to do this?" I want to do so many different things, so I find that question the most difficult to answer. The obvious answer, the one you are not supposed to say, is I want to do this for money. Most of the time, it is just that simple.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was for a position in my current city. My wife wanted to move.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – I completed about four interviews before I accepted the position. The first two were the basics (tell me about yourself, what is your background, etc.) The third one discussed salary and more specifics. And the fourth was to answer questions I may have had and to offer me position. Nothing was too difficult or hard to answer - very generic.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. It was your basic interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I was asked about salary they provided me with 3 options and said we will discuss them further. After I accepted the position and went through the training phase (4 weeks in front of a computer) the salary disappeared.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2011.

Interview Details – Since they kept calling me, I went in to see if it was really me they wanted. We did a one on one, (which I insisted on before any group). They insisted I sit through the group interview. The group interview reinforced the idea that they weren't really looking for someone (an MBA) like me in particular, they were just trying to find the most eager financial salespeople they could find. I made it clear that I would only accept the salaried route, expecting them to decline, which they did. I wished them good luck.

Interview Questions

• How would you build a book of clients?   View Answer
  • What is your experience in financial instruments?   View Answer