AXA Advisors Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2014
180 interviews

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

They do not hire you until you complete all the necessary license requirements including the Series 7 and 66 licenses. You work to obtain the licenses but with no guarantee that you will be employed at AXA.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions really. They are just looking for individuals that will go through the grind of obtaining licenses for 9 months without pay.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate Interview

Contacted me and numerous other members of my graduate program offering interviews for financial consultant positions. Pretty typical interview for a pretty typical financial services sales job. Heavily emphasized the "owning your own business" aspect and opportunities for management training and growth. Sounds like you get decent training and some certifications but it is a straight sales job.

Financial Advisor Interview

I first applied through my school's career website. Shortly after, I received a phone call from the company, and this is just your basic screening. The next step was the first face-to-face interview, which consists of a basic overview of the job and necessary training/licensing. Following the interview, we set up a second face-to-face for the next week to go into more detail of how your first year(s) would go. If you impress in both interviews, they will offer to start training you. It seems like a very nice work environment, with a "family" feel to it. During the interviews, they did not hide that the first year is a tough, uphill battle that will take a lot of hard work to start making money. This is a job with a high (almost unlimited) ceiling for those that perform well, or it will be one with a low floor and early exit if its not the job for you.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Interview was more of a job and training overview, and at the end, there were a handful of basic personality questions that did not seem to hold much weight in their evaluation of you.   Answer Question

Did not decline, but I did not accept either. I am currently working to see if this is the right job for me.

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Went through 3 rounds of interviews, all face to face. First one was a basic interview to get to know more about the applicant. The second one was more about the job and duties and what will your training will be like. The last interview was about scheduling your licensing and such.

Interview Questions
    • An example that you have failed and figured a way to turn it into a success.   Answer Question

I have not declined or accepted yet, still considering the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

met at a college recruiting career fair. was called in to set up an interview. Met up with them.

Interview Questions
    • some technical questions. had to define key terms like cash flow, monetary policy, corporate finance etc.   Answer Question

internship was unpaid

Financial Advisor Interview Interview

Initial interview as very basic, best characteristics and such. Second interview you meet with a VP and discuss pay and other things that don't really matter. Then they have you come back and you get to talk to a couple of advisors that have been there for a while, you can ask them anything you'd like. Then you come in and meet the branch manager. If you get asked back a second time you pretty much are going to get an offer, they just keep you coming back to make it feel like they really care about you and your opiniions.

Interview Questions

Little too uptight feeling for me. I don't want someone peering over my shoulder the entire process. If you need or like someone telling you what to do ALL the time, I would recommend AXA.

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Found them through an on campus job link. Received a phone call shortly after, asking me to do a phone interview or come in to the office. Since they were not willing to pay for travel. I did a phone interview. After phone interview, I was called and asked to do the 2nd round which was presenting a business plan on skype. Since I do not want to get into financial sales. the interview process ended here.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult, very general questions.
      Example of Customer Service, working well with others?
        Answer Question

I did not want to get into financial sales. Plus have to do all the certifications and exams before you get paid.

Financial Advisor Interview

I found this job opening on school recruiting website and there were a phone interview, and then two in person interviews. They expected you to know Morningstar well or have any related investment research experience.

Financial Advisor Interview

I met the VP of the local branch and had a long conversation with him at a job fair. Then, I have received initial contact through an email to set up an official interview. The interview was a formal, 1-on-1 meeting with the VP. He mainly asked about any questions I had about the firm and position itself.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of questions do you have about AXA Advisors financial advisor position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

They were very eager to have me come into the office for an in person interview. I showed up and the office is very nice and many people walking around. The interview process was pretty normal. She asked my strengths and weaknesses, as well as why and how I could benefit AXA. What they don't tell you before going in person is that the position is commission only and you have to pay out of pocket for Series 7 and 66. If passed you will be reimbursed. Also, expect 3-5 months unpaid while being trained and mandatory Saturdays cold calling. All unpaid.