AXA Advisors

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.3

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2011.

I applied online and was called to set up an interview the next week. The interview process was very straight forward. I was asked to go into a room where a lady met with me asked about my qualifications and why I would be a good fit. the interview lasted about 30 minutes and she offered me something on the spot. As an intern I handled all interview candidates from interns to advisers setting up appointments etc.

Interview Questions
    • There were no business cases just emphasis on personality and technical ability.
      Excel experience is also a plus.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

3 interviews. District Manger selling you on unlimited earnings potential.

Interview Questions
    • You need to prepare a one page business plan on how you will acquire clients   Answer Question
    It's a 100% commission so nothing to negotiate here.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2012.

3 rounds of interviews. The first one is mainly for them to get to know you, It involves a long monologue that includes description of the job, hiring, process, training process, and information on the certifications you will need to get before you can be a contracted employee. The second interview focuses more on the training process and how you will get clients when you start. The third interview focuses on pay and then they will either give you an offer or they won't.

Interview Questions
    • describe a three pronged approach that you took to solving a situation and how did it turn out   View Answer

It's a great opportunity, but you don't get paid during the time you are studying for the certifications you need in order to be a contracted employee. You have to get your series 7 and series 66 which can take up to 12 weeks. I have to many bills and my loans are going to kick in right away. If I would of been better off I would have accepted the offer. The average pay within 4-5 years for this position is 80-120k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

This is a drawn out process...at least three interviews. Relatively low pressure interview style. Get the impression that employees are DEFINITELY expected to connect to their natural market (meaning...call your friends and family). Advisors were friendly, and the office seems pretty busy.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, AXA did not ask unexpected questions. The process was almost too easy, which makes me nervous.   Answer Question
    Must show why you add value or are worth more than "Joe" down the hall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2012.

Applied through school's career website, was then contacted over the phone by AXA representative. Then scheduled a time for interview. It was a group interview. Basic questions asked, etc. It is really nothing to worry about. Just do your research. Know what the company does, and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are really basic. Like "what do you want to get out of this internship" etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2013.

Went for the first interview, most what the executive spoke was about the company and how it handled business, also asked about my past, present and future goals. they were mostly considering individuals who wanted to grow their own book, thru referals, organizing events, etc... looks like a great company but not interested in starting again from scratch.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straight forward, didnt have any tricky questions   Answer Question

Didnt want to make a book of business

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2013.

Applied via employee referral. I went through two interview processes, and most of the questions were behavioral. The employer wants to see whether you can actually take on the challenge or not.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think AXA is a good fit for you? (It was difficult in the sense that you had to say it the way employer wanted to hear.)   Answer Question

Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Was contacted by phone after they found my resume on careerbuilder. Schedule an my first interview on the phone. The first interview has two steps. First, you talk to a hr manager who finds out a little about you and then gives you two test. The first test is a personality test to see if you have the correct personality for a sales position. The second test is the Wonderlic to see if you have the aptitude to pass necessary test to practice in the financial field. Send part of first interview is meeting with the regional VP. Was a very nice guy and interview flowed very well. Second interview you meet an even higher up in the company and he evaluates you. If they like you from that they will call to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • When asked how would I approach a high end client early in my career, even though I lacked experience.   Answer Question

Great job to start a long term career in sales. I plan to go to graduate school soon.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

The interviewer and company staff were very friendly. First interview is with a group and the next is 1 on 1. They make you feel very comfortable and at ease.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2011.

The vice exec found my resume online and called me to come in for an initial "group interview", which was actually a presentation. The presentation was literally 1.5 hour nonstop talking in monotone about the company, the position and the hiring process. I looked around the room noticing the different demographics but about half of us were spacing out. I gained a lot of new insight about the financial industry, especially since I never considered it before.

A week after the presentation, the vice exec called me to schedule an 1:1 interview. This, I prepared very well for. I arrived 15 mins early, ended up waiting 40 minutes for the vice exec to return from meeting his client outside. When he came back, we sat down, and without asking me any questions, he began ASSESSING my strengths and weaknesses from reading my application and resume. He did not ask one single question. Within 10 minutes he said I had no competency; my only value is that I can speak Chinese; and my previous experiences are useless. I left this interview VERY intimidated. I could not believe how a globally known company can look down at someone who has vast international experience; probably even more than that vice exec!

I was invited for a second interview, this time with the exec participating. By then I already didn't want the job, but I wanted to show them what they're missing out on. Again, I was forced to wait 40 minutes. And when the vice exec came to get me, he realized all the conference rooms were taken. So we had to squeeze into his little office space. The exec ended up not coming. The interview was again, not an "interview". The vice exec pretty much repeated everything he said in the first 1:1 interview (meaning he forgot everything from before). After explaining that I have to pay $900 to cover the training and exam fees for the first three months, his only question was "What do you think?". At this point I was utterly confused. Does this mean I am offered the job or what? I was tired of this whole thing going nowhere, and so I explained that my knowledge and experiences are better off elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • No interview-specific questions asked. Just a "what do you think?" at the end.   Answer Question

Entire hiring process was unorganized. I don't understand why they don't have a HR team to take care of this.
    Company culture not what I wanted. Despite everyone being entrepreneurially-minded, nobody interacted with each other. It was dead silent in the office.