AXA Advisors

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
169 candidate interviews

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – There were four interviews. The first interview was more of an introduction of the company and was asked all of the basic interview questions. The second interview was a description of the position that I have applied for. The third interview we went over the compensation. The fourth interview we went over the exam process.

Interview Question – Explain a time you found something difficult and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called to set up an interview the next week. The interview process was very straight forward. I was asked to go into a room where a lady met with me asked about my qualifications and why I would be a good fit. the interview lasted about 30 minutes and she offered me something on the spot. As an intern I handled all interview candidates from interns to advisers setting up appointments etc.

Interview Question – There were no business cases just emphasis on personality and technical ability.
Excel experience is also a plus.
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. District Manger selling you on unlimited earnings potential.

Interview Question – You need to prepare a one page business plan on how you will acquire clients   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a 100% commission so nothing to negotiate here.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional

I applied online - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2012.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews. The first one is mainly for them to get to know you, It involves a long monologue that includes description of the job, hiring, process, training process, and information on the certifications you will need to get before you can be a contracted employee. The second interview focuses more on the training process and how you will get clients when you start. The third interview focuses on pay and then they will either give you an offer or they won't.

Interview Question – describe a three pronged approach that you took to solving a situation and how did it turn out   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It's a great opportunity, but you don't get paid during the time you are studying for the certifications you need in order to be a contracted employee. You have to get your series 7 and series 66 which can take up to 12 weeks. I have to many bills and my loans are going to kick in right away. If I would of been better off I would have accepted the offer. The average pay within 4-5 years for this position is 80-120k.

Buffalo, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – This is a drawn out process...at least three interviews. Relatively low pressure interview style. Get the impression that employees are DEFINITELY expected to connect to their natural market (meaning...call your friends and family). Advisors were friendly, and the office seems pretty busy.

Interview Question – Honestly, AXA did not ask unexpected questions. The process was almost too easy, which makes me nervous.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Must show why you add value or are worth more than "Joe" down the hall.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school's career website, was then contacted over the phone by AXA representative. Then scheduled a time for interview. It was a group interview. Basic questions asked, etc. It is really nothing to worry about. Just do your research. Know what the company does, and you will be fine.

Interview Question – The questions are really basic. Like "what do you want to get out of this internship" etc.   Answer Question

Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2013.

Interview Details – Went for the first interview, most what the executive spoke was about the company and how it handled business, also asked about my past, present and future goals. they were mostly considering individuals who wanted to grow their own book, thru referals, organizing events, etc... looks like a great company but not interested in starting again from scratch.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty straight forward, didnt have any tricky questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didnt want to make a book of business

Financial Professional Interview

Financial Professional
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via employee referral. I went through two interview processes, and most of the questions were behavioral. The employer wants to see whether you can actually take on the challenge or not.

Interview Question – Why do you think AXA is a good fit for you? (It was difficult in the sense that you had to say it the way employer wanted to hear.)   Answer Question

Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate Interview

Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate
Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone after they found my resume on careerbuilder. Schedule an my first interview on the phone. The first interview has two steps. First, you talk to a hr manager who finds out a little about you and then gives you two test. The first test is a personality test to see if you have the correct personality for a sales position. The second test is the Wonderlic to see if you have the aptitude to pass necessary test to practice in the financial field. Send part of first interview is meeting with the regional VP. Was a very nice guy and interview flowed very well. Second interview you meet an even higher up in the company and he evaluates you. If they like you from that they will call to offer the job.

Interview Question – When asked how would I approach a high end client early in my career, even though I lacked experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Great job to start a long term career in sales. I plan to go to graduate school soon.

Financial Advisor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer and company staff were very friendly. First interview is with a group and the next is 1 on 1. They make you feel very comfortable and at ease.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question