AXA Advisors

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Interview

I got an email from one of their financial consultants, saying they came across my resume. We scheduled a phone interview, and he started with the usual. Asked about coursework, background in finance, etc. One question that stood out was he asked about my social skills. I've been contacted by Prudential for a similar position, and they also asked about my networking skills. The other questions were mostly behavioral, such as "What is your best quality", "How would other people describe you" etc. Overall, it was alright but I wasn't interested in such a sales-oriented job.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Interview

Initial communications were by phone and email and I scheduled an interview in early January. The first interview was kind of a screening to make sure that you are well-dressed and gives you an overview of the position. They asked some questions related to work ethic, what I knew about sales, and what I thought of the position. They explained the broad aspects of the position and gave me a background check form that they would review before I was called in again.

The second interview was more in-depth and they explained the training process, support structure, contract options, and the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but they want to know that you have the potential to succeed in a role based mostly on commission.   Answer Question

This particular office gave me the feeling of a pyramid scheme and that I would not reap the total benefits of my work.

Branch Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

I had 3 Interviews and hired within less than 2 weeks, nothing unusual about the process. The first interview was in person with the sales manager. The next interview was with the head of HR on the phone. The last interview was with the Chief Operations Officer also over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered 70,000 (reasonable, but a little low for the position) and I countered with a $2,500 increase and they agreed. I probably could have asked for $5,000 more.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

Who in your family or friends has money? If none, how good are you at cold calling and being an entrepreneur. The interview was really more of management selling me on why I should work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had the option to work on 100% commission or 50% commission and a very small base salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Saw my resume through a networking site, and they reached out to me after. Got an interview a few days after applying. The interview was very basic, more of a conversation. Compensation package is a bit odd, so they talked about that a bit. Have to be convincing that you can start your own business.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, more of a conversation than unexpected questions   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Pretty easy overall. You'll talk to several interviewers. No hard questions. Be easygoing, seem trustworthy. The most important two factors they are looking for is your number and quality of connections, and your attitude/never give up/etc. Know what this company does. Pretty much, sell financial planning. Basic financial knowledge required.

Interview Questions

• Who are you going to contact initially for your first few sales? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

They came through my school initially. Interview went great, just basic behavioral questions. When I went to their office, it was more in depth. Generally behavioral throughout the process.

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbury, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. They like to hire as much as possible to hit their monthly and yearly quotas. As long as you're competent, personable and promising, you're most likely in.
    Licensed and/or proven path of sales experience and success is ideal.
    Not insanely formal in terms of questions. Also depends what manager is interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• They will want to qualify to see if you have people in your family/close friends who are high net worth who could be your first batch of clients and make you some money to start off.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Harder for those who are established (kids, major bills/expenses, etc.) because it's tough to make good money at first unless you're already in the industry and are planning to move over your B.O.B.
    Background check and credit check are necessary.

Wealth Management Interview

Application

Interview

Interview is easy and straightforward. They ask many questions and ask where you see yourself in this industry in 5 years. Also ask how you would deal with rejection. They have 3-4 rounds of interviews to make it seem complicated. They have upfront costs you have to pay for exams and other things. It is really a sales position as you have to go door to door to meet clients and customers to sell AXA products. Nothing really about wealth management or finance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. How do you deal with rejection   Answer Question

Too many exams and tests before actually starting. They aren't very straightforward with what the job description actually is. Pretty much similar to other companies who use new gullible recruits to sell products on a commission and if you do well, you can become a manager and recruit others. Most people quit before this anyway. Good way to attract desperate graduate students to be the grunts of their workforce working long hours. You can make more money and have more opportunities working this many hours doing anything else.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

the worst interview that I have been through, they will talk to you on the phone for the first interview, then second interview is to meet up in their office, 1on1 meeting, however, there is not a single constructive question, after that 1 on 1 interview, I was told that they will schedule another interview going over the compensation and benefits to work for them. At the end, I didn't receive any information from them, I email them, no response, I called them, didn't pick up the phone, I left a voice mail, never called back. It was so unprofessional to the point where I don't want to and would never work for them. And the funny thing is, two months later, the same guy who interviewed me previously, called me again for interview??!? I guess he didn't remember I was the one that he humiliated two months ago.