AXA Advisors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details – They initiated. Telephone interview followed by two in-person interviews.

Interview Question – None really unexpected. Standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Financial Consultant Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2010.

Interview Details – They pretend like it's a normal hiring process but really they can't wait to hire you.

Interview Question – Say whatever you want. They'll hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They try hard to get you to take it.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – - Did not ask many questions, just explained the role and requirements. Did not feel like a formal interview
- Very high turnover rate so interviews are held throughout the year
- Multiple interviews are held just for show, to build attachment to the job offer and build credibility
- No formal HR recruiting team, other AXA Advisors will recruit for their own teams

- Very vague description of the job especially pay structure

Interview Question – None, the interview wasn't behavioral or technical at all. They sell you on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – -You will make no money until you've passed all your exams and made sales through cold calling.
-Exam fees are paid from your own pocket until you've made all the requirements and are then reimbursed.

Financial Professional Interview

Financial Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Great environment, the advisors are great communicators so if feels professional but at the same time fun and relaxed, the interview process was about 4 interviews one which included a video chat with upper level management, while the other interviews were in office and with local management.

Interview Question – What do you know about AXA   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, you either take the job or you don't. If you are teetering on the edge whether you should interview or not, just go to the interview, you basically find out all you need to know during the first interview and if you don't like what you hear, just deny any offer.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2013.

Interview Details – Received an initial phone call from one of the vice presidents., upon which he held an initial per-screening of my interest and qualifications. From there we set up an in person interview in his office. The first interview is your basic fit and expectations question and answer conversation.

If they like you enough you will be asked to submit to a background check. Once that is cleared you will come in for a final interview with the VP that interviewed you and one of the three executives at the branch. You will be asked to present your business plan and talk about what your market is and how you plan on approaching the business. This interview is a lot more job specific.

They will then take a couple days to review your candidacy with the rest of the VP's. Once that is complete they will let you know of their decision.

Interview Question – Just make sure you are prepared to present a detailed business plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase,. You are start on per-contract, which is a commission only time period where you work towards certain incentives.

New York, NY

I interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2013.

Interview Details – Wanted to get to know you not your resume to see if you're a good fit. After about 2 interviews they wanted me to meet with a managing person and present to them a business plan on how I would approach personal contacts to eventually bring them in as clients. I wasn't comfortable giving them all the details of my personal contacts (even though they said they wouldn't use them, still didn't feel right) so I canceled my next interview. Felt somewhat like an industry where i'd be used for my connections then tossed into the pool to sink or swim. (they said they had a great program that would teach you, but I don't think I was too sold)

Interview Question – They just want to know who you are and if you'd be a great fit for the position. I think the hardest is listing off the top of your head about 3 contacts you would be able to bring to the firm. Dealing with how much information you're willing to provide without giving them the upper hand in using your contacts.   Answer Question

AXA Internship Interview

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details – phone call interview, typical behavior interview questions like what you will do if ..., and some talks about the main tasks of the job and time schedule, company culture,pretty easy

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details – I found this job opening on school recruiting website and there were a phone interview, and then two in person interviews. They expected you to know Morningstar well or have any related investment research experience.

Interview Question – How do you earn trust from others   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – My experience included an interview at a job fair, a phone interview, and then two in person interviews. For the final interview I was asked to prepare a business plan.

Interview Question – What are your hobbies?   View Answer

Financial Professional Interview

Financial Professional
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details – Four step interview process. Mostly behavioral stuff nothing too tricky. A lot of stress is put on why you want to be an FA. Interviewed with head of the group, very nice guy.

Interview Question – Be prepared to talk about why you want to be an FA.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors