AXA Advisors

AXA Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbury, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Originally, I was told the interview process was in three parts but it was abbreviated to two. My point of contact was a mentor that I would work with, if I was to join the firm. Meeting first with my potential mentor and an intern, I then met again with my mentor and the marketing specialist. My third meeting was to be with branch management, but that was eliminated to expedite the process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First spoke on the phone briefly to schedule an interview. Currently on the second interview which is in a week. The first interview was pretty straight forward and it went well. I told the vice president my ideas and about myself.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask any. We just had a conversation to get to know each other, the company, and position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called by recruiter over the phone. The interview was smooth, mostly behavior questions and nothing TECHNICAL. They asked me to work for them as soon as I am done with the internship. I wasn't satisfied since it was based on commission, I didn't like the environment nor the staff. They weren't that friendly and were disorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

Who in your family or friends has money? If none, how good are you at cold calling and being an entrepreneur. The interview was really more of management selling me on why I should work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had the option to work on 100% commission or 50% commission and a very small base salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Interview

Initial communications were by phone and email and I scheduled an interview in early January. The first interview was kind of a screening to make sure that you are well-dressed and gives you an overview of the position. They asked some questions related to work ethic, what I knew about sales, and what I thought of the position. They explained the broad aspects of the position and gave me a background check form that they would review before I was called in again. The second interview was more in-depth and they explained the training process, support structure, contract options, and the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but they want to know that you have the potential to succeed in a role based mostly on commission.   Answer Question

This particular office gave me the feeling of a pyramid scheme and that I would not reap the total benefits of my work.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Saw my resume through a networking site, and they reached out to me after. Got an interview a few days after applying. The interview was very basic, more of a conversation. Compensation package is a bit odd, so they talked about that a bit. Have to be convincing that you can start your own business.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, more of a conversation than unexpected questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Firstly give me an telephone to ask me the time for interview. I got the interview 1 week later. Since I am an international student, they said they can't sponsor because that there are 2 company hire the employee. Besides they need some certifications to be well-work for this position.

Interview Questions

• Since I am an international student, they said they can't sponsor because that there are 2 company hire the employee.   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Interview

I got an email from one of their financial consultants, saying they came across my resume. We scheduled a phone interview, and he started with the usual. Asked about coursework, background in finance, etc. One question that stood out was he asked about my social skills. I've been contacted by Prudential for a similar position, and they also asked about my networking skills. The other questions were mostly behavioral, such as "What is your best quality", "How would other people describe you" etc. Overall, it was alright but I wasn't interested in such a sales-oriented job.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First round is over the phone. Second Round: they give you a presentation ahead of time and you prepare it as if you were to present it to a client. After you've given your presentation, they will repeat it 100x better and then give you a couple minutes to prepare before they ask you to deliver it again with changes. Third round: meet more of the team/discuss logistics

Interview Questions

• How did you think you did in the presentation? How would you have done it differently?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Pretty easy overall. You'll talk to several interviewers. No hard questions. Be easygoing, seem trustworthy. The most important two factors they are looking for is your number and quality of connections, and your attitude/never give up/etc. Know what this company does. Pretty much, sell financial planning. Basic financial knowledge required.

Interview Questions

• Who are you going to contact initially for your first few sales? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate.