AXA Advisors

AXA Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Received an initial phone call from one of the vice presidents., upon which he held an initial per-screening of my interest and qualifications. From there we set up an in person interview in his office. The first interview is your basic fit and expectations question and answer conversation. If they like you enough you will be asked to submit to a background check. Once that is cleared you will come in for a final interview with the VP that interviewed you and one of the three executives at the branch. You will be asked to present your business plan and talk about what your market is and how you plan on approaching the business. This interview is a lot more job specific. They will then take a couple days to review your candidacy with the rest of the VP's. Once that is complete they will let you know of their decision.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you are prepared to present a detailed business plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase,. You are start on per-contract, which is a commission only time period where you work towards certain incentives.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted of usual interview questions. Included a lot of talk about your personal network and your capability as a self-starter.

Received a better offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2010.

Interview

This interview process was very long and pointless in my personal opinion. There was a few times where the interviewer came late or didn't even show up at all to the interview. There was a few times where I had to reschedule. They seem somewhat professional. Overall I ended up excepting the offer because of the economy right now but fortunately I still have a few other options just in case something happens that doesn't sit to well with me.

Interview Questions

• Even though we already know about your background and how good of a worker you are. Tell us something about yourself that we don't already know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really vague, hasn't really discussed that many terms and contracts

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2010.

Interview

There was two positions advertised. One did not exist when I interviewed for it . It was the typical financial services position. Give us a lot of business and we will not give you much in return. The people advertising the jos were friendly and helpful and the office had a good atmosphere. It was the hiring manager that had a very negative attitude. Obviously, there was a lack of communication from some source regarding the actual positions advertised.

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Denver, CO) in August 2009.

Interview

interview consisted of a screening by an HR person followed by 1 on 1 interview by team leader in the insurance sales area. The interview was about sales experience, business experience, and approach to making contacts to sell insurance products. The day of the interview - it was a major snowstorm. i arrived to the interview early - and there was no one at the front desk and i had to call the cell phone of the interviewer to let him know i had arrived. I wasn't offered any coffee or water to start the interview. The interviewer only had a brochure with which to show the company's products - and no examples of sales presentations or other materials. The phone interview with the HR person made no mention of the job function - which was primarily to sell insurance and not any other of the company's financial products. It was also not explained that there was no base salary or benefits with the job. i considered the position advertised on the job site to be a "bait and switch" compared to the position I discussed with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop a personal database for marketing life insurance to potential clients?   Answer Question

The "job" included no base compensation or benefits. The position relied totally on building a recurring revenue stream from selling life insurance products - and most persons hired end up leaving within a year. 70% of initial hires drop out within 2 years. The company does not invest in classes for the new employee, nor is there any marketing support or selling support to help establish the new employee.

RGB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

Talked with representatives at a career fair, and then was called for a preliminary phone interview. Next, I was called in for a one on one, and was then invited to sit in on their training sessions. Continued to sit in on training sessions to gain all information and had 2nd interview. I am currently looking at a third interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you were persistant for a sale?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

i went in the room filled with other college candidates. there were 3 advisors interviewing us. they split us into three groups and placed one advisor to each. the advisor interviewed us one on one.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Brief interview consisted of why I though I could help the company. Also wanted to know what my long term goals where within the industry. I had a strong employer ref feral so the interview was more of a screening process than anything. Most of their interns are selected this way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you could help the company is the wealth management industry.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

the interview process is not that intimidating; it is actually comforting that the interviewer was up front about what i would be getting my self into. He told me that it was an opportunity to help people secure their monetary futures though various financial instruments. All in all, it was a good experience

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2012.

Interview

Met with Executive VP of 1 branch for initial interview, 2nd was to go over job in more detail, 3rd was to talk about offer and to meet with Regional Manager.